ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nissan Silvia spec R

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea they're one of the few companies that do adjustable arms with bushes instead of rose joints, ten times better on the road.
If you're going to be road driving it more than track, Hardrace is the way to go (or Nismo if you can get them)

just had the engine mounts replaced with new nismo ones A few week back by slide but have been considering the diff bushes also. Might have the steering rack and column bits done on its next visit. Are they labour intensive jobs?

The column bush was fairly straightforward, rack is abit more work.

Ph2 Meg 225
I had loads of the Hardrace stuff on my Silvia dude. Brilliant quality and wouldn’t think twice about using their stuff again.
Yea they're one of the few companies that do adjustable arms with bushes instead of rose joints, ten times better on the road.
If you're going to be road driving it more than track, Hardrace is the way to go (or Nismo if you can get them)

The column bush was fairly straightforward, rack is abit more work.

that’s good to know, will take a look at their range for the Silvia as I’d like to replace all the bushings gradually. Did you get an oem column bush or the updated metal ones?

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
that’s good to know, will take a look at their range for the Silvia as I’d like to replace all the bushings gradually. Did you get an oem column bush or the updated metal ones?

Im sure I went for the nearest to stock. Had loads of mounts and arms off them. Great products!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

The one that looks like this?

S13SteeringBush.jpg

You can get this one as metal, no problem.

Plus they're £10-£15

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Apex kinda disappeared a little but they’re still going. Think they still own Hardrace though!

They stopped doing S-body stuff as the market was ever shrinking, went on to distribution.
European distributor for BC racing stuff as well as Hardrace IIRC

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
They stopped doing S-body stuff as the market was ever shrinking, went on to distribution.
European distributor for BC racing stuff as well as Hardrace IIRC

Ah yes! I do remember speaking to them about s-body parts when I ordered a few things off them. Didn’t have too much left in stock then tbh!

Ph2 Meg 225
The s15 has looks abit different now. sold the rays te37s as the fitment wasn’t great with them being more Honda specs. Was also fed up of constantly cleaning white wheels.

Fitted some genuine oem skirts.
3992A3F6-B614-40C1-994D-0EF4ABDF16CA.jpeg

Replaced them with some brand new enkei rpf1s. Over done on many cars but not often seen on Silvias.
20810F1F-F2D2-4F65-96CF-F6F8DD870BA8.jpeg
71CF039C-7574-4F60-AFA0-D5EFC9237ABD.jpeg
1769E9E4-9899-45BA-ADF5-81585793B594.jpeg
DA7BF3AC-C87A-491C-97F6-5A6543FF7EAE.jpeg
B226EE57-C905-4C6D-984C-3CAFCFE772F1.jpeg
F2169C64-14B9-43B8-AB90-A894FBE3EB64.jpeg
B0254610-5E2D-4630-8E02-A5930CFF93FA.jpeg

swapped out the jdm headunit for a Sony ax1000 so I could listen to fm radio.

has had hardrace rear camber and toe arms, blitz front mount intercooler. Also been powder coating parts along the way to clean the car up.

F59F9480-EEAD-4601-AE22-28AF30767CB5.jpeg

very good condition oem wheel fitted also.
1801B70D-B2EA-4CD6-8282-B68FC126781A.jpeg

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Looks so good!

I’ve been looking at s-bodies again this weekend, really miss the s15 (sometimes). Those prices though 😂 I got my spec R for 8k!

Ph2 Meg 225
Looks so good!

I’ve been looking at s-bodies again this weekend, really miss the s15 (sometimes). Those prices though 😂 I got my spec R for 8k!
Cheers man! Prices are crazy now, I bought mine for £13k so got in before the massive increase. Spec R’s seem to go for anything between £20k-30k at the minute! I’d love a s203 subaru but believe they’ve skyrocketed as well

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I love these, I rate them over the Skyline which everyone seems to get little hard ons over cause Paul Walker drove a couple. Lovely car!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Cheers man! Prices are crazy now, I bought mine for £13k so got in before the massive increase. Spec R’s seem to go for anything between £20k-30k at the minute! I’d love a s203 subaru but believe they’ve skyrocketed as well
You made it a decent investment then 👏🏻

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
That's lovely. The S15 is such a good looking car.

I've been looking at Japanese cars from this era recently. It's mad how the prices have gone in the last few years. I remember R33 GTS-Ts for about 4k, S14s starting at 3k, S13s for about 1k.

We have the Americans to thank I guess though.

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
That's lovely. The S15 is such a good looking car.

I've been looking at Japanese cars from this era recently. It's mad how the prices have gone in the last few years. I remember R33 GTS-Ts for about 4k, S14s starting at 3k, S13s for about 1k.

We have the Americans to thank I guess though.
My first r33 gtst i paid £2.5k boy drove it from Guernsey to edinburgh airport to meet me, jumped on a plane and flew home paid him half before he left and half when i met him. Never happen these days

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
My first r33 gtst i paid £2.5k boy drove it from Guernsey to edinburgh airport to meet me, jumped on a plane and flew home paid him half before he left and half when i met him. Never happen these days

Wish I'd bought one when they were so cheap. I know it's not a GTR, but still lovely with the right modifications on them. With Americans falling over themselves to import them, prices will keep going up sadly. There can't be that many good ones left in Japan now.

I watched a video by Sammit recently. He was at an R34 event in Japan and he said it's crazy to think that most of these cars will probably end up in the US soon, and he could well be right. They really seem to have latched onto the '90s Japanese stuff for some reason, more so than anything else I can think of.

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Wish I'd bought one when they were so cheap. I know it's not a GTR, but still lovely with the right modifications on them. With Americans falling over themselves to import them, prices will keep going up sadly. There can't be that many good ones left in Japan now.

I watched a video by Sammit recently. He was at an R34 event in Japan and he said it's crazy to think that most of these cars will probably end up in the US soon, and he could well be right. They really seem to have latched onto the '90s Japanese stuff for some reason, more so than anything else I can think of.
Yeah its mental i sold a 33gtst in 2015 for £4.5k and that was good money at the time. Never been keen on the 34 but a mate of mine bought 1 of the middlehurst gtr a few years ago for £18k kept it a few years and sold it for near £80k when he emigrated to Taiwan

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Lovely example :cool:

I had an S14a for about 4 years, I loved it, one of the cars I wish I'd kept
Had one for about 3 months hated it but it had poly engine mounts vibrations were horrific. And i got board of it wanting to go sideways absolutely everywhere was fun but got very tiresome very quick

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Car is looking lovely mate. Credit to you. Real fan of the Enkeis, one of the only wheels I'd swap my own TEs for.

I paid 20k in 2020 for my 5 RS Evo, estimated market value now is closer to 35-40k

Ph2 Meg 225
Car is looking lovely mate. Credit to you. Real fan of the Enkeis, one of the only wheels I'd swap my own TEs for.

I paid 20k in 2020 for my 5 RS Evo, estimated market value now is closer to 35-40k
Cheers mate. Do love rpf1s and not too bad price wise, I did want to replace the white te37s with bronze ones but couldn’t justify the price they go for in good specs.

anything ford, or Japanese seems to be good investments. I wasn’t particularly bothered about its value to start with but makes a nice change to losing money on cars like I have with the megane and clio.
Love it, only thing I'd change is being able to see the intercooler and what I mean by that is I like them Black/Stealth.

cheers. Did cross my mind when I bought the intercooler but tend to look terrible when they’ve gotten stone chips and rash. Decided at least I can polish this back up if it oxidises.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Cheers mate. Do love rpf1s and not too bad price wise, I did want to replace the white te37s with bronze ones but couldn’t justify the price they go for in good specs.

anything ford, or Japanese seems to be good investments. I wasn’t particularly bothered about its value to start with but makes a nice change to losing money on cars like I have with the megane and clio.

cheers. Did cross my mind when I bought the intercooler but tend to look terrible when they’ve gotten stone chips and rash. Decided at least I can polish this back up if it oxidises.

What spec are the rpf1s? Wanna swap? 😄