ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No ABS module found

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Hello,

Last week I have removed the aux belt in order to replace the steering pump. Also the alternator was noisy so I get a new one. Together with those bits I also put a new top engine mount. After all of this, when I attach the negative terminal and start the car I get the ABS, SERV and ESP light goes on. Connect a delphi and ans RS tuner diagnose to that but the ABS module is not seen in either of them. Like there is no ID on the ABS module.
The fuse 9 in the engine compartment and fuse 5 inside are fine. The cars works fine before this. Does anyone has an idea of what should I check?

Thanks,
Radu

I had this and needed a replacement ABS pump/ECU. First check the wiring harness on the ABS ECU, if no issues can be seen and its seated properly get the car plugged into Clip.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
But without any sign? just let the car for about 3 days with battery disconnected and then no ABS.
I will take a look on the plug there, clean and check again. Literally no sign of something wrong.

But without any sign? just let the car for about 3 days with battery disconnected and then no ABS.
I will take a look on the plug there, clean and check again. Literally no sign of something wrong.
I changed a rear ABS sensor and it was all good, started it the next morning and the ABS ECU had gone. Utter dog sh*t the ABS electronics on these cars. As mentioned get it plugged into Clip and take it from there. I'm sure I have a ABS pump/ECU you can have for peanuts if it is that.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
I changed a rear ABS sensor and it was all good, started it the next morning and the ABS ECU had gone. Utter dog sh*t the ABS electronics on these cars. As mentioned get it plugged into Clip and take it from there. I'm sure I have a ABS pump/ECU you can have for peanuts if it is that.
I will try to find someone with Clip, as I only have the Delphi 150e and RSTuner. The idea is that RS tuner finds each module, as now no ABS is found. The fuses are fine, so should either be a wiring problem, may be cause by how I lift a little the engine to can work on the aux kit, or the ABS ECU is damaged due to no reason.
You have it from an ESP ABS car? I think they are different. I will remove the soundproof material to can look at the pump.
Thanks

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Surely it hasn't just disappeared because you have fitted a new alternator and PAS pump ?
? That is true??
Maybe some plugs moved around when the engine was lifter. But I will check them today, maybe I will solve with this.?

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
That could be something, but I really did not know how the module is not seen. Maybe is a plug, as the fuse is fine.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Hello.

I've just remove the battery for some time and it was fine afterwards. No plugs or anything. You can try also removing the abs plug with car battery removed.