ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No compromise Supercharged ek9 progress thread

Charged Superleggera
ARP studs arrived today.

Photo3844.jpg

D1 spec open ended wheel nuts. They are forged so should be good enough for the road and track but ordered a set steel nuts aswell for the Nurburgring trip.

Photo3846.jpg

Photo3847.jpg

Photo3849.jpg

Photo3848.jpg

Hopefully get them fitted in the weekend along with the diffuser, bleed the brakes and replace the rear trailing arm bushes.

Charged Superleggera
Thanks guys.

Been busy over the weekend with trying to get the car sorted out. Managed to get the Arp studs in, braided lines fitted, All 4 calipers bled and the new trailing arm bushes fitted. will get pics up soon.

Been wanting a set of gauges for a while. Was going to go down the spa dual gauge route built into the honda blanking plate i bought a while ago but think that it looks a bit out of place so bit the bullet and ordered a Defi- din gauge. Three gauges fitted neatly into single din size with a flat glass face with all gauges angled towards the driver (RHD) for better visibility. They are exactly what i was wanting in terms of look (oem) and quality so cant wait to get them fitted once they get here.

imgp1342.jpg

Look like this fitted to an ek9.

p1.jpg

31910830009_large-1.jpg

Firas

225 Cup & Williams
Just read through the whole thread and your car looks mint some amount of money spent on the car aswell. Deffo getting an ek9 type r as my next car.

Charged Superleggera
Never really been a fan of gauges but they look ok. What sort of power is this running then dude?

Will find out after its remapped on new EMS next month mate.

Hope you haven't gone for the smoked face Defis, they're utter gash!

Can you not see the pictures GAZ? but no they aren't smoked ones mate.

Just read through the whole thread and your car looks mint some amount of money spent on the car aswell. Deffo getting an ek9 type r as my next car.

Thanks steve.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
what sort of power is this currently pushing out? Apologies if its been posted.

Charged Superleggera
Will find out when it has been mapped and dyno'd liam soon.

Old studs out

Photo3959.jpg

New extended ARP studs in.

Photo3860.jpg

Photo3857.jpg

d1 spec open ended wheel nuts to go with the extended nuts. steel nuts and hubcentruc spacers are on order.

Photo3853.jpg

Photo3854.jpg

New hel braided lines fitted.

Old lines

Photo3962.jpg

Photo3963.jpg

Photo3856.jpg

New trailing arm bushes fitted. State of the old ones...

Photo3961.jpg

Defi gauges through finally cam yesterday. still waiting for the sandwich plate and the water temperature sensor hose adapter to get them plumbed in.

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0174.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

S2000 + E91 330D
Love the guages, them trailing arm bushes are a pain. Even though mine were nearly non existent.

Your car gives me an erection.

Charged Superleggera
lol Cheers man. Yeh they are a pain to fit. The bolts either side of the bush were the hardest part as they wouldn't budge and breaking them would have been a disaster as they go through the chassis. Used a blow torch to burn the rubber away and came out with a few taps with a hammer. car feels much better now so took the car for a run around some b roads and so far i am impressed with the BC coilovers. Big improvement over the Teins and the dampening is pretty good as well.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Firas not to worry you but keep a close eye on your hel brake lines as there's been quite a few cracking after just a few hundred miles. There's a thread on itr forum about it. There looking into it to see if it's just a bad batch.

Charged Superleggera
cheers chris.

Thanks for the heads up kev i will keep an eye on them. A few pics at a local meet on saturday just up the road. was a good meet but a shame the weather ruined it. Still had over 50 cars there despite the rain.

5654499162_d91aa9d958_b.jpg

Photo3916-1.jpg

5654500418_9af08a24a8_b.jpg

5653950263_1db2a3abbe_z.jpg

098.jpg

096.jpg

093.jpg

094.jpg

Charged Superleggera
cheers guys. cd player was functional before the spoon b pipe and decat but now that i cant hear it its getting ripped out altogether.

Spent the weekend detailing the car with the help of a few friends. Big thanks to ben for machine polishing the car and to greg for letting us use his garage. cheers guys :)

SDC12626.gif

SDC12628.gif

SDC12633.gif

SDC12635.gif

SDC12639.gif

moved into the garage

SDC12655.gif

SDC12656.gif

SDC12658.gif

SDC12660.gif

SDC12662.gif

SDC12664.gif

SDC12671.gif

Job done. then it started to rain and i had to drive it all the way to the other end of edinburgh lol. At least we got rid of the swirl marks and tar spots.

SDC12681.gif

Anyone interested in reading about this build can find out more in the Fastcar mag issue out on the 1/06/2011

Thanks

222190_10150244254880086_749040085_9264668_5580955_n.jpg