ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No compromise Supercharged ek9 progress thread

Charged Superleggera
I know si but at least they would save me using longer studs and spacers. Not 100% sure im getting them yet mind but they are an option i am considering atm.

Just read this.

First things first, I don't like Ek9s. But that is totally and utterly redundant in this thread.

The sheer attention to detail is absolutely astounding and really pulls me in to read more. I love detailing, as most know, and that is all about spotting things that others might not, creating a solution and implementing it, regardless of the time or cost.

I am not particularly mechnically or Jap minded, so the bits and bobs with their brands and names do not mean a lot. But I love how pernickety you are!!

Hats off to you sir, will be following this.

S2000 + E91 330D
f**king love your car. Can't wait to start putting mine back together when she's back from the bodyshop.
BC coilovers FTW, they are pretty harsh, but for for your money can't get much better! I'm looking at getting some coilover socks for mine to keep them nice and dry!

Yeh think im gonna go for the tegiwa ones henry. Half the price that honda want. Take it your getting some for yours as well once it comes back from the body shop?

Yeah, I was going to get genuine, but since Tegiwa are cheaper and look identical thought I might aswell get theirs..

Mini Cooper S
Update looks good mate! just ordered some BC coilovers for my ep3 thinking ill need spacers now!

LY R26
is that not the one that firas said was imported at the ame tim a his but has its ecu nicked at the docks? so he bought a new hondata one or something?

White Sti Hatch
Yeah its the same car, there were originally 2 imported into the UK the one i had that firas now owns and one down south.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i do love this car and love your work... but bc racing coilovers... really?? after you have spent so much on other things to buy cheap coilovers like that seems so back to front lol.

Charged Superleggera
Yeh thats ants old one. It spent most of its life in glasgow with ant and both this and mines were imported at the same time but as richy said ants one had its c's ecu nicked at the docks. He went for a dta s40 and originally had it mapped by henry roy then was sold to another boy down south who wasnt happy with the map and had it mapped by mace and then tdi north so now its meant to be running well. Its a very well set up car and at 6k is well priced considering the spec. cant remember it ever melting a valve but i know ant originally had problems with excessive intake temperatures. i would kill for that adjustable c's short shifter. Hardly anyone bought one originally because they were so expensive and now they are out of production meaning its stupidly rare. Might send the guy and email but doubt he would sell separtely as its defo a selling point.

Lol malice, all of the reviews i read have been positive so i though i would give them a go. Its not the end of the world if they arent as good as i expected them to be. i will just sell them on and get something better. At the same time though i dont see any point in spending £2-3k on coilovers that will hardly ever see the track so for £600 the bc's seemed to fit what i wanted at a reasonable cost. i wont judge them though till i have tried them so stay tuned malice ;)

Certainly wont do any harm asking him, you may be pleasantly surprised. Would be yet another tidy addition to the car if you manage to strike a deal.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
good luck with the bc's mate, you might like them, every car i have been in and driven with them on i have hated :( they are just so hard and crashy... i ran cheapy coils on my s14 and regretted it, only cheapish ones i like are the hsd's or tein mono flex... i have ohlins on my rx7 and on soft its like driving on stock shocks they feel so nice! mine are settup pretty firm but still have give in them, even on soft on my mates r32 on the bc's if you bounce on the sills of the car it doesnt move! you get tyre flex but thats it!

Go cry to your momma!
I'm trying to decide which coilovers to go for on my eg, I'd decided on meister R's but they fall under the "cheap" category too..

Now malice is saying the BCs aren't so good, I'm at a loss as to what I should buy.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
defo dont get meisters they are WORSE than the bc's if you cant afford much the bc's are a good budget settup... just dont drive anything with anything amazing on as you will be seriously pissed off lol

Charged Superleggera
Cheers malice, well i will give the a go and see how i get on. They cant possibly be worse than the tein superstreets i had on before. If they are not to my taste then my mate has offered me a set of quantum coilovers for a reasonable price. They are meant to be great coilovers but might be a bit overkill for mostly road use.

Never been in a car with meister R's so cant comment on them but they do fall in the same category as BC's but most people i know chose bc's over meister R's.

S2000 + E91 330D
In regards to the BC coilovers, for me, they are fine. Coming from a background of weekend club racing, I'm used to solid cars. Fair enough they are very hard for just road use but it's all down to personal preference.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
firas get the quatums and sell the bc's trust me!!! they are amazing up there with ohlins, arogosta etc...

Charged Superleggera
Definitely considering the quantums malice but might as well try the bc's first since they are fitted now. The quantums are a fair bit more expensive than the bc's so the upgrade would have to be justified. At the same time though they do have very high spring rates but the dampening makes up for it.

A few small updates. just bored really so decided to give the car a wash and get a few small updates.

camcorder mount on and adjusted. Will get a vid of the first run of the year sorted once its taxed and back on the road in a few weeks.

Photo3785.jpg

Photo3838.jpg

Had a few decals made for the back of the drivers recaro a while ago but never got round to sticking them on.

Photo3784.jpg

Photo3787.jpg

Photo3788.jpg

Photo3790.jpg

Photo3794.jpg

Photo3796.jpg

Photo3798.jpg

Photo3799.jpg

Also noticed i had a spider behind my gauge cluster lol. have no idea how it got there but it had to go.

Photo3802.jpg

Photo3805.jpg

Photo3807.jpg

Photo3808.jpg

Photo3810.jpg

Photo3809.jpg

Sorted

Photo3811.jpg

put back together

Photo3813.jpg

Photo3814.jpg

Also finally wired up the horn. Been meaning to do this for a while but never got round to doing it.

Photo3815.jpg

Photo3817.jpg

Photo3820.jpg

done

Photo3821.jpg

gave it a quick wash and dry since the weather was good

Photo3829.jpg

Photo3827.jpg

Photo3828.jpg

Photo3825.jpg

Photo3830.jpg

Photo3832.jpg

Charged Superleggera
Next on the list is a set of ARP extended wheel studs, hubcentric spacers and since the rays wheel nuts that i have are closed ended i need some open ended wheel nuts aswell to go with the extended studs. Dont know which colour to order though. Tempted to go with red for a change but always liked neo chrome.

neo chrome

P7060102.jpg

blue

dsc07901btv2.jpg

or might just stick with black again.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
quantum and ohlins and all the other big brands have stupid high spring rates but honestly are valved soooo well, plus run like 5mm preload and it can be as comfortable as stock, wind up the clicks and it goes harder for track work... if you can afford the quantums go for it u have all these other top $$ parts u need the quantums to add to your jdm list lol

The blue looks good with the calipers, although the match isnt perfect and that would annoy me. Maybe just stick with black.

When is the diffuser going on?

CBR1K, F21 125D
A.Senna sticker is nice touch, but as Ali has mentioned, the large RECARO is a bit much.

defo not a fan of the recaro stickers, you already have it on the rails and on the back of the seat but the wheel nuts look cool, perhaps get them in the same blue as the calipers as possible?

Charged Superleggera
Ordered the extended ARP studs this morning and ended up going for Black open ended lug nuts mainly because they wont fade as bad as the other colours especially red and blue. Should be here within the next couple of days so i can hopefully get them fitted in the weekend. Not looking forward to fitting the extended wheel studs as i know its going to be a proper ball ache.

I like the recaro stickers on the seat. I think the seat looks too bare from the back without them.

As for the diffuser im planing on getting it on this weekend hopefully. Just need to get a shot of an angle grinder since the last one we used packed up half way through.

As for the total cost so far i couldn't really say as i have never sat down and counted but its in double figures thats for sure.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Double figure on mods's or inc the car?! Lets hope it's the latter or you sir, are fcukin aff your trolley!