ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No compromise Supercharged ek9 progress thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Awesome, love the diffuser. Not a fan of the drivers seat, ott for road cars imo.
You're wrong but thanks for you opinion. :eek: It'll be tracked aswell, Warren iirc.

I forgot to mention the seats, you have awesome taste mate, most people would have fired in a black racer bucket but you've got 2 red ones well played, love the standard ones anyway.

Charged Superleggera
Cheers again for the kind comments :).

Once its back on the road and mapped it will be getting tracked. It wont be a dedicated track car but would love to get on a few track days next year and maybe a trip to the ring in the summer.

Diffuser and drivers sear are a bit much imo, but it's an impressive thread this!

Thanks ali :)

tbh even a standard ek9 is overkill for the road. Your right though the seat is pretty hardcore and getting in and out is a real challenge unless you snap the steering wheel off. If it was a daily then i couldnt live with it but since it only really gets used in the weekend in the summer i think i can live with it as it offers an great driving position in comparison to the ek9 reclining recaro. As for the diffuser, well in theory it should make a difference by at least reducing some of the drag caused by the rear bumper. Im not expecting a difference really but it should make for an interesting technical exercising at least. Main reason i bought it was for aesthetic purposes really as I have always been a fan of the time attack look with the mad canards and diffusers so thought i would try it on to see how it looks.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Only reason I don't like the seats is the HANS bits. Nowt wrong with fixed buckets, especially in something like this. Love the colour of them.

LY R26
car id looking even better from when i last seen it, need to let me know when your down next time, i have to see it in its current form haha!

oh, do you fancy giving my car a once over with the rotary mate, feel a bit cheeky asking but it needs done badly and id not know where to start haha, obviously there would be payment coming your way!

give me a text mate.

Charged Superleggera
Thanks guys.

Richy- I will be back in a few weeks time mate so will give you a txt mate. was back in the weekend for a short while but was busy taking the exhaust system apart so completely forgot to give you a buzz.

The bolts were pretty much welded together so took a while to take them apart. Anyway yes mate can do your car sometime no problem. Robzo butchered my pads so will need to buy some new ones first.

Awesome car mate, real credit to you. A good mate of mine has an EK so I can understand the love.

Btw, 15x7 ET35

f4b29dcf.png

LY R26
cheers mate! I'm free most of the time now anyway, not working at halfords anymore either, long story but il tell you when I see you haha! it's quite amusing.

yeah just give me a text mate.

Charged Superleggera

Planned to fit the spoon b pipe so in anticipation of the bolts snapping off i ordered some new bolts, nuts and springs and a new doughnut gasket.

Photo3572.jpg

Photo3575.jpg

Put the car on the ramp and jacked the front up.

Photo3583.jpg

Old b pipe with cat still attached

Photo3582.jpg

Spoon b pipe with the 2.5" resonated decat ready to go on.

Photo3586.jpg

Photo3585.jpg

Once fitted i took it for a short blast and it sounds insane. Seems to pick up revs quicker aswell.

Started with custom fitting the diffuser aswell so my mate came round with an angle grinder and a thin disc and we started. Didnt feel right cutting it but its the only way its going to fit. all went well though and is 80% there.

Photo3577.jpg

Photo3578.jpg

Photo3579.jpg

This is as far as we got with the diffuser as the angle grinder packed up. only needs slightly trimmed from the side then its going to the body shop to get the 3 pieces put together and smoothed out.

Arc engine bay plaque. not fitted yet.

Photo3590.jpg

Photo3593.jpg

Got the honda asimo robot for free off of a friend.

Photo3597.jpg

Photo3596.jpg

Spoon engine torque damper yet to be fitted. Acts like as an accessory engine mount and helps reduce engine movement and helps with putting the power down at the wheels. Thought i would give it a try before buying solid engine mounts.

Photo3598.jpg

Photo3601.jpg

Firas

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I drove a K-Swapped EK the other night and was blown away. I think you should go for it ;)

Love the ARC plaque. Some prime Japlish on there. <3

Keep up the good work mate!

I need a clean 9, f**king 2 I've missed now and nothing out there right now that's looking promising.

Stumpy I'm still waiting on those pics!

Firas good work as always.

Charged Superleggera
I drove a K-Swapped EK the other night and was blown away. I think you should go for it ;)

Haha chris, a k-swapped ek would be a riot but in the end i just couldn't justify spending £6k on a swap for no power advantage over the current set up. Will see what its running when it gets mapped first and see what happens after that. planning on pushing up the boost slightly before it gets mapped and see if i can some how get an aftercooler plumbed in. I know a kit exist for the JRSC that takes them up to 300bhp but its a bit of a hassle.

I need a clean 9, f**king 2 I've missed now and nothing out there right now that's looking promising.

Its becoming increasingly hard to find a 9 worth buying these days turkish. How did you get on with the rx that dunk was selling not too long ago btw?

That was the 2nd of the two I missed. All looked good, was due to go have another look with a mechanic mate of mine to just give it the thumbs up and another lad deposited on it. The other one he had there looked tired in comparison so decided not to bother looking into that one any further. The silver one and the black one he has both look tidy but it has to be CW and I'd rather an Rx and both of those are 98's so two reasons why I'm not interested.

I've been looking on a site with lists of cars still in Japan but I'm obviously wary of getting one shipped over and finding it's a heap once it's arrived here having already bought it.

Charged Superleggera
Sounds like you have had very little luck man. As for importing a 9er yourself well thats nto a bad idea but could be risky even though the japs do tend to describe things very accurately from what i have seen in terms of things like auction papers etc. I would speak to dunk or somewhere like private imports and see if the can sort something out for you from one of their contacts in japan. I would hold out for a minter and not rush into anything as you are doing. It would be good if you could get a hold of one in the next few months so you could enjoy it over the summer.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Everytime i come in here it makes me want one more, i was close to giving Duncan the £2,000 deposit he required in 2007 to get me a facelift RX - i sometimes wish i did :(

This is sublime work mate, your dedication is frightening!

Charged Superleggera
Thanks for the comments :)

Everytime i come in here it makes me want one more, i was close to giving Duncan the £2,000 deposit he required in 2007 to get me a facelift RX - i sometimes wish i did :(

They are great fun even in standard forum. It never too late danny ;)

You reckon it could run 300bhp??

Ant's old c's charged 9 made 230bhp at 5psi and that was non intercooled. These positive displacement superchargers produce alot of heat so good gains can be had by reducing the crazy intake temperatures so i think with an intercooler and upping the boost 300bhp is achievable.

clear your pm's mate

Sorry mate. Box now cleared :)

Charged Superleggera
Progress picked up abit last week, finally got exams out of the way(for the next while anyway) so managed to get some stuff done while i was home in the weekend.

Bought a few tools at the start of the month.

Low entry jack.

Photo3635.jpg

Photo3636.jpg

Photo3637.jpg

24 volt cordless impact wrench.

Photo3641.jpg

Photo3643.jpg

Photo3645.jpg

Bought a brake stopper.

Photo3647.jpg

Photo3648.jpg

Finally mounted the drivers seat properly.

Photo3674.jpg

Fitted the miricle x brace upper and lower bars i got at christmas. before:

Photo3649.jpg

After

Photo3676.jpg

Photo3680.jpg

Photo3679.jpg

Fitted the torque damper.

Photo3652.jpg

Photo3655.jpg

Photo3656.jpg

Got a cheeky parcel from a friend at honda lol. cheers again wayne :p

Photo3657.jpg

Photo3661.jpg

Had plans to fit most things this weekend so brought everything out and set it up on the table ready for the morning the night before.

Photo3666.jpg

Got up nice and early. Weather was brilliant that morning so akes a change from working in the wet and freezing cold. Started the car up (for the first time in 3 months), let her warm up for and moved her out of the garage and onto the flat part of the drive.

Photo3678.jpg

Keith turned up an hour late! :p lol cheers mate you were a big help. Bolts were royally f**ked so was a major task getting them off without snapping them. The impact wrench was useless so had to rely on a good old fashioned breaker bar and a lot of elbow grease instead.

Photo3685.jpg

Photo3684.jpg

Jacked the car up, took the wheels off and got cracking

Photo3690.jpg

Photo3683.jpg

Out with the old. Believe it or not, under the rust exists a set of tein supers street coilovers. The ARB drop links bolts were rusted on to the old control arms and wouldn't come off so since we were changing control arms aswell we dropped the whole unit out with the shock, arb and control arm still attached. Will get an angle grinder onto the drop link bolts in the weekend as i have fresh drop links to go on anyway. ARB is getting sandblasted and powder coated either orange, yellow or white. Still haven't decided yet.

Photo3686.jpg

Photo3688.jpg

oops disintegrated top mount...
Photo3687.jpg

Got the new coilovers on with the skunk2 lower control arms and beaks tie bar on with fresh new bolts from honda. Old ones didnt snap but since i had new ones i decided to stick the on anyway.

Photo3694.jpg

Photo3696.jpg

Beaks tie bar on

Photo3697.jpg

Photo3693.jpg

Photo3698.jpg

Rear calipers are sticking a bit and will be replaced soon with new calipers, with braided lines and new rear discs.

Then tightened up all bolts and put wheels back on. Ride height at the back is good but i still want to fiddle with it a bit more. Couldn't fit the front coilovers or spoon brakes as we had to call it a day as we all had different plans for the rest of the day. Off for 3 weeks over the easter holidays on friday so should have the front coilovers, spoon brakes and diffuser on this weekend. Also got a few bits in the post that should arrive sometime this week so hopefully get them fitted aswell. should have it back on the road and taxed within the next 2 weeks. Really cant wait..

Still debating whether i should buy some typeR stickers for the rear quarters. I like the clean look without the stickers but not sure if it will look better with or without. sometimes i feel it looks a bit bare without the rear quarter decals especially when i see other ek9's with them on. Also they cost a fortune to buy (£70 iirc from honda for the 2 side decals) so thats not helping win me over either lol.

Firas