ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No Rear Brakes, bias valve at fault? 172 cup...

Clio 172 Cup
Hi guys,

Just recently both my rear brakes have stopped working, yes i know the rear brakes hardly do anything especially on a cup but they got to the point of being permanently rusty!

My bro has looked at it for me this morning and came back to me with the following,

No Fluid at either rear caliper from the bleed nipples....
No Fluid to either brake pipe going into the rear calipers so problem is not the calipers as they are not getting any fluid so can't possibly work...

He then looked at the bias valve and said it was siezed solid, stuck fully up against the underside of the car so this in theory should mean it was getting maximum bias to the rear? He has now worked the valve so it now moves freely but he still cant get any fluid to the back calipers.

He then slackened off one of the brake pipes going into the bias valve and there's fluid there...and then slackened a pipe exiting the bias valve and nothing...

Here's a quick piccy, (apologies piccy is on the piss turn your laptop right 90 degrees:rasp:)

2011-10-05131141.jpg

The wet area is WD40 not brake fluid :p

So is it new bias valve time? as no fluid seems able to get past it, or can it be fixed/overhauled?
Cheers
Craig

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Cup
Also should the rear handbrake cable be running through the steel backet by the rubber brake hoses?