ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noob DSLR buying advice

Took some pictures at the girlfriend's house this morning. Few of her horses and the scenery etc. Any good?!

5511586523_429fe891a8_z.jpg

9/3/11 by Harpham y0, on Flickr

5512185154_5f984618ed_z.jpg

9/3/11 by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Inferno 182 CUP
What lense do u have? You need. Hood mate as that flare is awful! Nice pics but I hate flare

I have couple of spare hoods u can have for free if they fit :)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i see Jessops are doing this Canon EOS 500D with 18-55mm lens for £480 with free deliver. So tempted to buy this next week

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Your right it's the DC lens. What is the difference in lens's like, is the is better?

lol, there's a few anaraks on here on photography lol

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
It was good enough at one point in time.

Looks like the IS version is £499 on Amazon. For £20, I'd be getting that instead :)
at this point in time is this price decent, if so i'll get my money sorted to purchase one of these

What lense do u have? You need. Hood mate as that flare is awful! Nice pics but I hate flare

I have couple of spare hoods u can have for free if they fit :)

Lens? Ermm, 18-55mm I think. Thats all I have atm. It's the one that came with the camera. I dont know what flare is so cant really comment lol. ;)

i see Jessops are doing this Canon EOS 500D with 18-55mm lens for £480 with free deliver. So tempted to buy this next week

Have you seen the deal for the camera? I had their deal at £530 for the same camera.

Also, had a mini CS meet tonight. Theres a thread in the Media section, but here's the link to my Flickr album with all the pics in:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?565924-East-Midlands-Mini-Meet-(56k)
Massive massive improvement from previous shots. Big thanks to TheEvilGiraffe for his help ;)

Last edited:
New topic to be educated on is moving shots ;)

Im going to do some test shots with the girlfriend and her horses at some point. Settings and other help would be greatly appreciated :p

Inferno 182 CUP
New topic to be educated on is moving shots ;)

Im going to do some test shots with the girlfriend and her horses at some point. Settings and other help would be greatly appreciated :p

set your camera to TV (shutter priority) and turn speed up :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Silly noob.

Nikons suit some people.

No (sensible) advice on here ever says get one brand or another .. find one that suits you within your budget !

LOL... Just stirring shizz up ;)

I actually preferred the Canon over the Nikon massively when trying both out.
Lighter, looks better and the menu's seem to be set out in a more 'noob friendly' way.
Nikon seemed a bit more complicated to do things. Quality seemed exactly the same to me.

Oh and the suggestion to the girlfriend about practicing moving shots didnt go down too well ;) haha