ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

noob looking for advice on external styling for 1.6 dynamique

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Hey everyone, i apologise for my lack of knowledge and my general ignorance but bear with me im new to Clios and just looking to personalise my new pride and joy a bit. Ive noticed that megane splitters are popular and im looking for a set of 182 alloys too. Just a few simple mods for now but any advice on where to look, what they might cost and any other suggestions would be great. Also thinking of painting diamond badge and maybe even getting a 172/182 grill :cool:
Thanks

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
pretty much on the right path, maybe some coilovers like myself

heres my 1.2 dynamique (im such an ASW lol)

IMG_7820.jpg

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
thats a sweet looking clio! i love the rims and especially the yellow tinted headlights and foglights, mind if i ask how you did that?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Thanks, im after some new wheels possibly but dunno which, the lights are done with laminX film bud

heres a pic of the rear, its now minus few of the stickers

IMG_7833.jpg

Last edited:
  2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Crikey thats hot, where can you get the laminX film from dude? Might have to borrow that idea lol. Gotta say it looks good with those alloys, you looking for something more O.Z. style or sticking with the bbs style?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
possibly more work equip's bud as im possibly the only clio with yellow headlights ill hunt you down

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Haha wouldnt want to p**s you off dude! Im thinking the first plan should be alloys but dont know whether to go for renault originals (ie 172 or 182) or some aftermarket ...

Astra Twintop
Nautical Blue is a spanking colour :)

Mines got the clio sport bumpers + skirts.

And of course the old favourite turini's :)

4478_187748700246_651620246_7093643_837469_n.jpg

Last edited:
  2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Im liking the turinis!! Any idea where theyre available and an idea of cost? Loving the bumpers and skirts too! that looks mint.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Get yourself signed up as a paid up member and check out the "car parts for sale" subforum, usually allsorts to be found in there mate.

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Rs grille is a good start!

Is your car colour coded?

Not all colour coded atm, got some black plastic bits around it but may think about that for future! I noticed youre from Cambridge, where abouts in cambs? im near there myself.

Im tempted to become a paid member lol, just forking out 10 quid is the hard part when i earn minimum wage :p

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Im tempted to become a paid member lol, just forking out 10 quid is the hard part when i earn minimum wage :p

Tbh i only joined to view the guides section, and its the best £10 ive ever spent mate ;) Only used a couple of things such as taking the dash off, removing rear wiper act but would have cost alot more if i would have paid someone else to do it. Nice colour car by the way!

Listerine & Poledo
21 on Sunday.

I also have a 1.6 but limited to what I can do becuase of insurance companies rules

They must have got really anal over the past years, when I was 21 I got a fairly reasonable policy on my MX-3, and that's the V6 one.

I'd still have one back today, if it hadn't turned into a shed!

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Haha i know the feeling! The car i changed for the clio was a mitsubishi colt gti so my insurance has come down, but it was 20 years old and rather tatty! Id put up a pic if i knew how :p

4 months is a while to wait! Sorry to hear it mate!

Shdhdhd
Photobucket.com and copy the IMG code.

I don't really mind my car but do want a sport. I'm happy waiting really. It will come eventually lol

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
I got it from a uesd car dealer in Whittlesea near Peterborough, i forget the name of the place. 80k on the clock and in good nick for £2500 so not too bad i thought, starting to get VERY tempted by a 172 though as older ones seem to be not much more expensive. just insurance and fuel costs might be worse :p How long you had yours for?

Shdhdhd
Had mine for 1 year and 3 days. I picked mine up 2weeks after paying for it and had already sold my other car. Now that was a loong 2 weeks

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Haha i dont think i could live without a car for that long! A mate of mine just sold his mint colt 1.8 gti as he's going travelling around Australia, i think hes mad lol.

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Looking very sweet. Im still tempted to go for a similar style. Dont suppose you'd have any idea where i could source the bumpers and alloys? guess ebay is the best bet?