ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NOOOOOOOO!

182FF with cup packs
Just hit a stupid small dog on the way home from work. :(

Taken out my front bumper/headlight/random stuff behind the bumper & now makes a grinding sound turning left.

Had just come off the motorway (M20, Junction 10, Ashford), get off the roundabout onto the dual carriageway (A2070), accelerate past a lorry, and then the stupid little bugger ran straight under my car.

Saw the little b*****d coming and knew that I had no chance of not hitting him, so decided that I wasn't going to swerve and risk doing myself an injury.

Somehow I don't think the dog felt anything, but my poor car did, with a large cloud of plastic :dapprove:.

Hopefully theres not to much damage done, as i hit it around the fog light area, so that entire section of the bumpers gone, but i think its body was flung out sideways, as there seems to be no blood/debris under the car.

Last edited:
  182FF with cup packs
Not a clue, I suspect so, as I was doing about 80 when i hit it :( and it was only a little thing.

Going to phone the RSPCA or something as was 1/2 mile down the road by the time I could pull over safely.

MCS R56
Must be dead if you were doing 80. Just think, it would have been fine if you had been doing the speed limit!

Poor wee fella!

182FF with cup packs
Must be dead if you were doing 80. Just think, it would have been fine if you had been doing the speed limit!

Poor wee fella!

I've actually taken a closer look, there's not a spot of bloody anywhere on the car, so maybe the dog had the luckiest day of it's life.

Also, reported to the police who said they would get someone to take a look. I made the day of the woman who took the incident report though. She asked a daft question of "do you know if it was male or female?", whn I answered "sorry, not a clue, but I think it would have had to be VERY male for me to notice at that speed" she cracked up with laughter. :)

?
f**k the dog, gutted about your car tbh. You can always buy a new dog but it really hurts when you see your pride and joy destroyed :(

Partner's Astra SRi
f**k the dog, gutted about your car tbh. You can always buy a new dog but it really hurts when you see your pride and joy destroyed :(

what a s**t attitude. If someone ran over my dog and just carried on driving I'd be livid.

A car you can replace but a dog has a personality and if you have a dog then the chances are you are a dog lover.

Obviously you're not a dog owner.

182FF with cup packs

what a s**t attitude. If someone ran over my dog and just carried on driving I'd be livid.

A car you can replace but a dog has a personality and if you have a dog then the chances are you are a dog lover.

I'm not a dog owner, but I am a dog person.

I'm not thrilled that I probably killed someones dog, but unfortunately in that situation of me hitting a dog or possibly crashing my car and injuring myself the dogs going to get it every time.

The damage to the car doesn't really come into it, that's why I have insurance. The car can be repaired, but I've broken myself to many times before to do it again (long story but involves 3 broken legs and 2 broken ankles, screws, metal and lots of stitches), so (damaged car and dog) > (damaged car and me).

Partner's Astra SRi

I'm not thrilled that I probably killed someones dog, but unfortunately in that situation of me hitting a dog or possibly crashing my car and injuring myself the dogs going to get it every time.

The damage to the car doesn't really come into it, that's why I have insurance. The car can be repaired, but I've broken myself to many times before to do it again (long story but involves 3 broken legs and 2 broken ankles, screws, metal and lots of stitches), so (damaged car and dog) > (damaged car and me).

My comment was more aimed at the person I quoted. But surely there was somewhere you could pull over and phone the RSPCA after you'd done it!!!

haha what does a dog person look like?

like this?? haha

DogPerson.jpg

clio 182 +cup packs
strangely enough i phoned the police this morning as a small dog was wandering up the hard shoulder in cardiff, what a coincidence hey !!... you werent working in cardiff were you ??

320d
Shame for the dog but tbh your as much of a victim. If the bumper etc has gone its a few hundred £'s.

Its illegal to let a dog run on an "A" road without a lead, find the owner and send them the damn bill.....thats what i did when some bloke let his big dog run in front of my car, they paid the full amount too :)

Simon

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
I had a similar thing happen last year to me, i hit a dog. I drove 9 miles before i had to pull over and phone my parents to come and fetch me cos i couldn't drive all the way back home.

I was in tears cos i heard it yelp and obviously with me having 2 dogs of my own i was devistated. Phoned the police when i got home and they sent someone down. It's not a nice thing to happen to you. :(

Si

RS Clio 172
gutting bud. cant do anything about it some times.

friend of mine hit a badger a while back. completely destroyed the front of his car. they're tough little buggers.

VRS
had a similar incident with a badger only that caused a fair few £££'s worth of damage, to be fair you say at the speed you were doing you didnt have a chance of avoiding it , perhaps if you werent speeding the result would have been a few skipped heartbeats as you swerved around but the end result would have been no damage to your car and a life spared for the poor dog

Partner's Astra SRi
Its illegal to let a dog run on an "A" road without a lead, find the owner and send them the damn bill.....thats what i did when some bloke let his big dog run in front of my car, they paid the full amount too :)

Simon

It's also illegal to hit a dog and not report it.....

Simon

He already said he called the RSPCA and the police, who else is he supposed to report it to :S

320d

Simon

Incorrect, this was the case when you had to have a dog licence. Havn't had to have one of them since 1987.

I've broken myself to many times before to do it again (long story but involves 3 broken legs and 2 broken ankles, screws, metal and lots of stitches), so (damaged car and dog) > (damaged car and me).

You broke your third leg? Poor fella, you have my sympathy:dapprove:

Clio 172 mk2

One of the worst replies I've read on this forum:mad:

At the end of the day it is only a car....metal, plastic rubber etc. that dog was probably some kids pet and a living animal.

Accidents do happen though and he reported it which is the right thing to do so at least the owners will find out what happened etc. rather than their dog just disspearing.

Can you claim from the owner to get your car fixed? That's if they can trace the owner.

Feel right sorry for the dog and the owners, but they shouldn't allow it out to roam free. If they had looked out for it, you wouldn't have had all this trouble.