ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Norton is the Devil

Ever since my Hard Drive went and was replaced my computer has been running really slowly, you would click on start and the menu would fade in and everything was just a bit pants.

Initial thoughts were a dodgy hard drive replacement.... until i read comments on here about Norton.

Uninstalled this evening and if by magic, computer is fine and dandy! Computer usage is down a fair bit too.

Conclusion:

Norton is the Devil and a bit s**t.

It's always been that way, I don't know how they've managed to keep going so long. Good marketing I guess. I can remember trying out two different versions in the early 90s, absolute pants even then. Never version stayed on very long. It's s'posed to be anti-virus - I say it is the virus.

Mini Cooper S sport
I use ZoneAlarm, it's generally very good. It does a scan on Saturdays which slows you down for a bit, but apart from that it's excellent. I used to use Norton and I much prefer ZA.

Range Rover sport 4.2 S/C
I used norton made my computer so slow , i installed kaspersky it also deleted norton saying it cant work with the software :p

Kaspersky takes awhile at scanning tho my first scan took 10 hours

Using AVG free and AVG free anti spyware along with windows firewall. All working very smoothly now!
AVG found a couple of viruses that norton seemed to have 'overlooked!'

Monaro VXR
AVG likes to find viruses that are not there. It told me my Firefox installation file I just downloaded was a virus....Microsoft dont have anything to do with AVG do they? lol.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
7 posts in and we haven't had a Mac or Linux comment. New CS record?

15 posts in and no one has mentioned Graham and what a c*nt he is.

Yeah I find loads of virus software actually slows the computer down and to a degree, f*ck it right up.

7 posts in and we haven't had a Mac or Linux comment. New CS record?

15 posts in and no one has mentioned Graham and what a c*nt he is.

Yeah I find loads of virus software actually slows the computer down and to a degree, f*ck it right up.
Homophobe!

Kermit to the rescue.

I love you, Kermit, lets make binary together.

You know what were doing right now....

We're *interfacing*
:eek: ;)
You got purty APIs.

silver valver/hybrid
i got norton already installed on my laptop when i bought it, something popped up the other day saying something was trying to gain access to my comp so i clicked to block it, now it blocks any internet access at all!! gonna get rid and go to mcafee