ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not a Clio - But my Golf on 18’s

Looks nice but you need coilovers for sure! What drop you going for? You could get that silly low. Mines lowered 60mil on 19s and i get no probs

Im going to get some proper pics of mine when my Hella R/C/C/Rs are fitted. Oh and my debadged grill as its being sprayed at the mo......

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Thanks guys - shell be at least 40mm lower so it should look pretty good!

Thats just the start though...... i have an endless list of things i want to do to it yet lol!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Tom - i wont be getting coilovers either, im just going for an Apex suspension kit as its a safer option when it comes to insurance etc, plus the ride of coilovers did my head in on the last car i had with them!

As long as the arches sit right on the tyres itll look fine :)

Unfortunately its just the 2.0 GTi so any mods will be purely cosmetic until the G/F Can insure the 1.8T and then all the good bits will be transferred over all being well..... possibly a TDi if not the 1.8T.

Oh yeah saw your post on uk-mkivs so should have remembered that! Would love to mod mine right up but its just a 1.8 20v non turbo so cant see the point! I would if i was plannin another golf like you though

Might sell mine soon as its just not quick enough. Still a lovely car though!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Tom i know exactly what you mean - this is by far the slowest car ive ever owned...... i went from a Pulsar GTI-R, M3 Evo, Evo 6 to a Golf VR6 (to save money) and then on to this as were now sharing the car.

It doesnt do anything for me driving wise, but its very solid, cheap and reliable plus Golfs can just look so good they dont need to be fast ;-)

(I keep telling myself that anyway)

Quote: Originally posted by nickg123 on 08 March 2005

It doesnt do anything for me driving wise, but its very solid, cheap and reliable plus Golfs can just look so good they dont need to be fast ;-)

(I keep telling myself that anyway)
Same as me! lol

Mine doesnt seem to use fuel which is nice and yeah they do look so nice with simple mods. Just got to keep hold of mine for another few months and then im thinking evo 3/4

Looks nice. I like it.

any chance of getting some VW centre caps? or plain ones?

[Edited by Chris Green on 08 March 2005 at 1:12pm]

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

The VW Centres are on order ;)

AJ - Sorry, didnt realise there was now an "other marques" section, hence putting the subject "Not a clio".

Sorry anyway mate!

Thanks for all the comments!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

The VW Centres are on order ;)

AJ - Sorry, didnt realise there was now an "other marques" section, hence putting the subject "Not a clio".

Sorry anyway mate!

Thanks for all the comments!

Doesn bother me dude, Jus doing sum tidyin work for the moderators! lol!

Stunning car tho, ma Dads jus got an R32. And weve got a Mk2 GTI aswell So im getting to b a bit of a VW Fan

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Yeah i can see how it happens, i was never into Dubs until i got my VR6 and saw just how good they can look

Its more about style and looks over Performance with a Dub, but the R32 is a lovely car - absolutely stunning!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Mate i went from an Evo 6 to a VR6 so i guess i got used to the step down lol.... this is just a cheap car for me in terms of running costs etc.

Its also the most boring car ive ever driven i have to admit :-(

Still - ive had enough fun cars, this one should at least keep me out of trouble!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Adamlister - thats awesome mate!! Nice one ;-)

Lowering is definitely next ;-)

Any chance you could put the wheels back as they are just so i can see what itll look like?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Mate i went from an Evo 6 to a VR6 so i guess i got used to the step down lol.... this is just a cheap car for me in terms of running costs etc.

Its also the most boring car ive ever driven i have to admit :-(

Still - ive had enough fun cars, this one should at least keep me out of trouble!
Humm...ok point made!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Yeah but to change the grille you also need an insert for the bonnnet as at the moment it has a small cut out for the VW Badge........ not quite as easy as just changing the grille unfortunately :-(

Will get around to it though, its just another thing on the list at the moment lol!

I also want to get some spacers to move the wheels out a bit more - they look so good like that!

Thanks again guys.

[Edited by nickg123 on 09 March 2005 at 4:16pm]

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

VW Centres are already on order - just waiting for them!

Tom - Did you get it blended into the bonnet, as i cant stand to have a real obvious looking cut out there..... i want it to be invisible - as if it was never there if i do it at all??