ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not enjoy my new 182

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Shdhdhd
Had my 182 just under a week. Wanted it for over a year and just not enjoying it. Insurance £1800 which I've cancelled think I'm going to go back to my 1.6 Clio and look for a golf or a3. I'm driving it like a grandad and just dont think it's a apropriate to put my foot down any where.

Anyone else had experiences like this. It's weird as my uncle had a mk2 v6 recently. Only had it for a few months and decided to move on.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Depends on how you drive, why you drive and where you live.

I get bored of my clio when i live in Coventry, bu as soon as i go home its so worth it over the Dales.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had my 182 just under a week. Wanted it for over a year and just not enjoying it. Insurance £1800 which I've cancelled think I'm going to go back to my 1.6 Clio and look for a golf or a3. I'm driving it like a grandad and just dont think it's a apropriate to put my foot down any where.

Anyone else had experiences like this. It's weird as my uncle had a mk2 v6 recently. Only had it for a few months and decided to move on.

I'm confused. :s

You've had the 182 for two minutes. I'm not fully 100% knowledgable about mine after 5 years. It takes time.

Insurance is expensive, so you're going back to the 1.6 Clio (and) a Golf/A3 as well? Or in place of it?

You're driving a car where handling is one of its key features like a grandad? How is a Golf or A3 going to be anymore stimulating?

Not having a go btw - just that it doesn't make sense to me?

D.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
funny you should say that, i used to use every single bit of power my last 190bhp 172 had and yet after 6 months in the dci i got back in my new standard 172 and suddenly felt it was too fast to use properly, few weeks later and i want to supercharge it lol.

i hated my first 172 when i first got it, never sold my 1.2 for 5 months untill i started to come round to it! eventually loved it best car ive owned

535d / t5 caravelle
well a golf or a3 WILL BORE THE f**k OUT OF YOU, but then again do you drive the 182 as intended?!

Clio 182
i think 99% of people will agree with me here, over a great road the 182 is epicly fun, theirs something majorly wrong if u dont enjoy driving it, even the surge of acceleration at 5k puts a grin on my face!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
i think 99% of people will agree with me here, over a great road the 182 is epicly fun, theirs something majorly wrong if u dont enjoy driving it, even the surge of acceleration at 5k puts a grin on my face!

Yep, still love mine 2 and 1/2 years on. (when its running right:(). Roll on Friday!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
both of the other cars u are going back to are soooo dull....but if your not going to use the 182 to its full potential then suppose its best of not keeping it.
I gun it all the time, country roads, motorways, etc...and like z8jay says, trackdays will really give you a feel for the car.
As for insurance who the hell is chargin you that? is that fully comp? Im with Churchill and paying NOWHERE NEAR THAT, even 3 years ago my FULLY COMP insurance was nowhere near that figure....how old are you???

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Kinda know what you mean.
Im more careful in my Trophy in busy traffic incase someone stuffs it..
But when its quiet on a nice road.. it makes my day 15% better =]

Shdhdhd
Don't get me wrong the buzz is amazing on b roads etc just driving round town there's no reason to put my foot down. I will be selling the 1.6 and 182 and probs getting an a3 or golf just as a nice car to drive around normally and not thrash about. I could get a cheaper quote I'm sure. 21 3yrs no claims live in a good area

PH-QUICK
Depends on how you drive, why you drive and where you live.

I get bored of my clio when i live in Coventry, bu as soon as i go home its so worth it over the Dales.

This. When at uni in a crowded congested town, with the heavy clutch and large speed bumps, it's not the best car to have.

But back home in the countryside down the B roads, can't beat it.

Shdhdhd
I used to drive my 1.6 hard around everywhere I went and enjoyed it. There's too much power in the 182 to have fun around town. It's my daily drive. I do split shifts and going back and fourth. I can't justify the petrol costs. I don't think it helps it's arctic blue and my 1.6 is ottoman which is a close match

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Can any car be fun around town? Just because you have a bit more powerful car doesn't mean you have to use it all the time you know.

S3, Polo
LOL @ "too much power... to have fun around town" - Reading between the lines: Historically, you drive like a d*ck in a built up area? Legend. Bet the local barely-legal fluff love you?

182 Full of Fat
lol your selling it after a week because you can't justify the petrol.....quite a well thought through purchase I see.

Don't see why people care so much about petrol, if you can afford the car in the 1st place you must have enough money to put petrol in no matter how you drive tbh, just enjoy the car and get over it the petrol costs!

I think a 182 is most peoples daily drive mate and quite suitable for town driving (they're a clio after all, not some hyper car) :S

Ph 1 172
It's a 2l 16v 182bhp (more like 160 lol) lightweight hot hatch of course you can't accelerate as hard as possible everywhere! Why not just keep the 182 it's a nice car to drive normally and epic on b roads!
Just out of interest what was you expecting out of the car?

O and 1 other thing if you do get a golf/a3 there will be a day that you get on a country lane only to have an rs Clio up your arse with a smiling mother f**ker in the driving seat because he/she is having more fun in there rattly French hot hatch than the boring german cars lol (unless your getting the r32 golf or a3 equivilant lol

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd be getting rid as well if I had to pay £1800 for insurance. You do realise you don't have to drive around town on full throttle.

Shdhdhd
I don't really know what to say apart from if a Clio sport isn't for me then it's not really for me. I'm not sure what I was expecting it just doesn't feel right to me. I saved enough money to buy it out right. Cancelled
my insurance meaning two weeks has cost me around £80. Will sell the car on may even make a little money from the sale and it's Been a little bit of an experience. I know why ppl are being funny with me it's bcos they love their Clio sports to bits. I just on the other hand don't. This is my third Clio and deffo my last

Nothing at the mo :(
i have had my car for a year now this month

basicly up to xmas i was gunning it everywhere.. don't think i ever really drove it normal lol

last 3 months i drive it alot different.. last 2 weeks i don't think my car has ever been higher then 4k.. i can't see the point on wasting petrol just driving home from work on the limiter

But when i go to scotland in september... or go on some country lanes it will be different and i will be happy i got the power to use :D

Just cause its there it dont mean ya gotta use it

Clio 1970000000
You obviously didn't know what you wanted when you bought your 182. I have had my 197 for 6 months and am only just starting to really enjoy it. This is not an indication of my driving ability (as there are many posts where owners are still learning things in their CSs) but an indication that the Clio Sport takes time to appreciate. It's talents will be far higher than yours and you will have to work hard to exploit them - the reason why so many people love their cars here.

Go get yourself a safe Golf/A3 TDi car and enjoy it. An enthusiast, you aint :dapprove:

Barge
Shame. Especially as you've barely given it a chance.

You don't and shouldn't really give it beans through a town centre. Cruising down the main drag, nice! Enjoy it on a nice country run, through town save it and your mpg.

Sounds like your mind it made up. Go for a diesel.

Sorry but I plimslolded at the thought of paying £1800 to insure a car and then never having fun in it. A mild push along a windy road is where it will entertain. Tootling around, they're cramped rattly sheds compared to more refined cars doing the same job.

Get out and enjoy it. Ideally without crashing it.

clio 182
£1800 a year insurance? Get searching a better deal should easily be able to knock £600 off that you are getting bummed. Take it you don't really enjoy driving, it's just a tool of transportation.

Barge
Sorry but I plimslolded at the thought of paying £1800 to insure a car and then never having fun in it. A mild push along a windy road is where it will entertain. Tootling around, they're cramped rattly sheds compared to more refined cars doing the same job.

Get out and enjoy it. Ideally without crashing it.

The Plolice will be along to arrest you for phrase stealing.

Megane 225
I sold my 172 to by a BMW 330ci! A year later I'm back to a Megane 225. German cars are dull! Yes even the 330ci with 230bhp. I wouldn't go back to german unless it was an m3 or Golf r32! The rest are dull and lifeless!

trophy
in the first week of owning my trophy i found the car a bit odd to drive, didnt trust it too much but i found that the more harder i push it the better it becomes

the handling is simply sublime

Clio 182
I've owned a golf and a 182 the golf was fun
after a map 1.8t but doesn't come close to the fun I've had in the last few months of owning my 182

ff 182
golf much nicer car, and can be set free with a simple remap.it's not all about country roads. when i had myclio most of my fun was at the lights,golfs are pretty good at that!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
What a doughnut. Who in there right mind drives fast through town centres?

You don't deserve a licence let alone a 182.

I know why ppl are being funny with me it's bcos they love their Clio sports to bits.

LOL, I don't think so. I think it's because you're coming up with some bizarre reasons not to like it, like it feels too "powerful" round town. It's not the cars fault is it! How do you think people with really quick cars get on? they don't stop at the kerb because they have "too much power" to carry on safely down the high street. This surely has got to go down as another "amphasite" or "folding down the rear seats" moment.

What I'm suspecting is the real reason, is that after the silly money you've spent on buying and insuring it, for some reason you expected it to feel like you were driving something completely different to your old Clio. It's not, it feels similar but with more power (far too much for town use :p), so you probably feel a bit "cheated".

I sold my 182 for a golf a few months back.

Really want to clio back. just has comething about it that i miss. Even though i spent a fortune on it i would probably do it all over again.

Motorbikes
LOL @ "too much power... to have fun around town" - Reading between the lines: Historically, you drive like a d*ck in a built up area? Legend. Bet the local barely-legal fluff love you?

+1

Why would you even want to put your foot down around town? Its dangerous, ok.

LOL at the traffic light GP being more fun than challenging windy roads. TLGPs are for losers. I just let the gimps burn off, racing themselves in a cloud of tyre smoke and burning clutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.