ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not Happy (Failed MOT)

Clio 182
Just been for 1st MOT, 3 weeks early and it failed on the front ball joint, its on an 05 plate with 10k miles on the clock,Rang Renault because its still under Warranty ,and they say it comes under general wear and tear and not covered by warranty. 3 day order Time and £50 & vat.

So what Does the warrenty Actually Cover ????

The Annoying thing is....

Ive only done 10k miles in 3 years :dapprove: !!!!!!

Its all those bumps i reckon, Do you have a lot in your area?

I had to have the front left ball joint done and a rear tyre to pass. Cost me 130 minus MOT fee.

Clio 182
Its all those bumps i reckon, Do you have a lot in your area?

I had to have the front left ball joint done and a rear tyre to pass. Cost me 130 minus MOT fee.

Yea they have been digging up the Center of Swansea for 2 years:dapprove:

clio 182 + cup packs
mine was replaced under warranty go bk kick up a fuss in the show room infront of people buying the will soon change there mind

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
mine was replaced under warranty go bk kick up a fuss in the show room infront of people buying the will soon change there mind

That wont work as its RUK Warranty not the franchise dealers. Call back RUK Customer service and demand to speak to Mick Moore or Leslie Taylor (Customer services Director and Senior customer relations manager ;))

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I'd expect it to be covered. They just changed a shock for me under warranty - I didn't have to argue at all, there was never any question of it not being done, and I've done 11k heh.

Dan

Clio 182
just spoke to Renault Swansea they have booked it in for Wed to inspect it, to see if it is a warranty issue..
Fingers Crossed.....

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

That wont work as its RUK Warranty not the franchise dealers. Call back RUK Customer service and demand to speak to Mick Moore or Leslie Taylor (Customer services Director and Senior customer relations manager ;))

LOL..

Contact Mick Moore mick.moore(at)renault.co.uk

Leave it a day or so and Mick will get one of his ho's to contact you and if you grumble enough about premature failure of a part etc you should at the very least get a contribution to the costs.

Although personally I think it would be more prudent to get a class action lawsuit against against the councils for putting the speed bumps in.

fat 182
got both my rear wheel bearings done under warrenty at 2 years and 51 week s old and 37000 miles on the clock .so they should do a ball joint

C

clvs2222

just spoke to Renault Swansea they have booked it in for Wed to inspect it, to see if it is a warranty issue..
Fingers Crossed.....

ian is the guy to speak to at renault swansea mate. all the others are f**king useless.

phone 01792 895000, an ask for him. you have really gotta make a fuss at the dealers though as you dont want to do nothing if they can help it.

look out for the local meets aswell mate, you've just missed the last one.

M2 Competition
Its a warranty issue, the franchise dealer should honour the renault warranty.

Regardless of wear and tear, the part has failed prematurely so should be covered. Phone renault uk and say that the dealer is not honouring their warranty, has worked for me in the past.

Mondeo TDCI 130
There talking a load of c**k, forget talking to the dealers, ring customer services. DON'T be arsey, just say it is nearly out of warranty, but it has failed its mot on ball joints, and as the vehicle has only covered 10k, that you feel it is not wear & tear!!

My cup has done 74K, still on the originals!!

Clio 182
Thanks For the Advice People will let you know how i get on ..... :)

I will keep my eye out for the next local meet ....