ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not Normal Dans R26 Megane F1

Megane r26
So sorted the little abs issue I had, Oulton was fun without it as have some of the damper/freezing conditions we've had recently.

Popped up local garage to borrow there snap on scanner, showed nsf sensor fault, quick call to paul at RPD and had a new sensor on its way all fitted and sorted now.

Just a tripped to diamond motors tomorrow to have me airbag light deactivated after fitting me seats and then it's off for MOT Tuesday and then Snetterton Thursday [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Megane r26
So did another trackday couple of weeks back at Snetterton with Open track, greasy conditions so a few moments but made for a good day and eventually dried out.

Car ran faultless but was a little board TBH but had a good day.

New toy turned up earlier in the week

43BC3463-D42A-44FF-9EA0-6A4B240B3BA0_zps6qd0tfwe.jpg

Been having a great laugh on it this past week whenever it's been dry and I've had chance to get out, hopefully get a few ride outs in with me Uncle over the Christmas period

Soon as the opentrack Snett images go up I'll grab a few and stick them on here [emoji106]

Megane r26
Nothing really on the megane front, it's up for sale still haven't really tried pushing it too much but thing I'll be taking a few of the nice bits off tbh.

Decided going to give the whole car thing a bit of a break for the time being, really want to pursue other goals and move house and the megane just really isn't a necessity. Had some great times with it over the years but now I look at as more of a potential lump of cash sat outside.

Still going to keep the little cup, do a few little upgrades and probably the odd trackday but most of all keep it fun.

Really got into the whole scooter think and actually bought a second one as a project

363153C3-5C31-4C08-8DCF-5D6CA9020F56_zpst9jnasyz.jpg

It's a 1965 Lambretta Li150, it's complete and rot free but does require some work but really looking forward to getting stuck into it. It's fresh off the boat so needs registering etc but can't wait so many plans and already been window shopping for parts lol

Megane r26
So the megane went today, gone to a great home and hopefully the father and son will get as much joy out of it as I have.

Anyway this left me in a little bit of a sticky situation, with the cup being off the road at minute under surgery which has been slightly stung out some what due to Christmas etc etc I thought to myself I need to be getting myself a car to knock about in.

Now I have a small commute, 15 mile each way but that's split with a lift share now so I couldn't buy a proper banger and with having nothing but Renault sports I was a bit lost.

Now I looked at everything from golf diesels to 1200 fiestas but cheap diesels put me off as if they went wrong they can get costly and a 1200...... I couldn't be driving that!

So guess what......

3A3B0920-80CC-4CFA-9F57-4357FC439294_zpsyvdblam2.jpg

(Sorry for poor picture)

So it's a 182 with both cup packs, good history with birch down belt change a couple of years ago and numerous other receipts to back up history.

Spec is as follows

Scorpion resonated system with decat

Eibach sportlines

Panel filter and RS tuner

Cars pretty clean, needs 2 tyres but other then that nice and honest so got a few hundred quid off!

I believe it was a forum car a few years back and the chap has owned for last 4 years and really didn't want to sell but the arrival of a small child had left him needing a bigger car.

Plans I don't know, going to sore cup, put fresh ticket on it and see which one I prefer and go from there

Megane r26
They all come back. Mad really lol

I never left, think I went 12 months without a Clio!

The megane is an epic car, but for the time being it doesn't suit my needs, maybe I should of kept the interior looking back but at the same time at my current position in life with itching to move house it was capital I could release and I didn't want to see it parked up in a corner rotting due to not being used

Megane r26
So delivery today

AD6DF717-94F9-4E04-82DA-C3B977B814BA_zpsdpgzfw62.jpg

First job is to get these mounted and tracking done [emoji106]

Currently on T1R's which aren't my favourite, the f***s had knocked the inner edges which I assume is down to toe'ing out too much.

So they'll be a set a pair of t1r's for sale off the rear if anyone is after some cheap tyres

Megane r26
Where are they from? Didn't fancy ado8?

I do like the rsr though great tyre imo

AD08 seemed really dear in 205/45/16 and tbh I think the general consensus is there much of a muchness these 2

I paid 65 each for these from camskill on next day delivery mate and having used them before I was always very happy with them

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Think I paid 360 last year, just thought I'd treat myself and they are very good.

Rsr is a brill tyre and having used Camskill like you say are very good.

Megane r26
Think I paid 360 last year, just thought I'd treat myself and they are very good.

Rsr is a brill tyre and having used Camskill like you say are very good.

I'll eventually buy a set of 15's and run r888/ar1 etc but got a feeling I paid around 260 with delivery or maybe less [emoji106]

Can't wait to get out in it tbh

Megane r26
So this happened yesterday

45F8A6EC-E939-4010-8923-BEF3DDF24E0B_zpsprdmmlni.png

Clean sheet pass no rider faults for my Mod 1 part of my bike test. Got my Mod on the 29th of this month so fingers crossed.

On the car front..... we'll all quiet had to stick an injector in the 182 and made a bit of progress on the cup but not a lot due to other commitments currently (stag doo's, weddings, scooter doo's lol)

Once the cups done the 182 will be up for sale and probably by a KTM to stick next to me scoots too [emoji106]

Megane r26
Oh and I've replaced the scomadi 125 with a new one off Vespa 300 GTS

FF5002B9-DE11-417C-A341-20C38CE07286_zpsk47ozlv2.jpg

BD8B03DE-1867-48F3-B59F-B64D37A66AD0_zpstwbxgdyu.jpg

41BF5CB5-1B50-4E6E-997D-94B8D9AC20DE_zpssebqaloz.jpg

FA76E550-ACC3-4C12-A654-176B15EB832B_zpsqo6j5kno.jpg

At the minute it's a total one off, built by MSC (midland scooter centre) for displays and publicity.

To build and spec something similar would cost closer to 7k, the Remus exhaust cost more then the system on the Megane lol

Megane r26
So that's it guys, passed me bike test on Wednesday [emoji106] proper chuffed with it, first time too!

Picked up the Vespa which is epic too [emoji106][emoji106]

Actually made some progress on the cup too haha, but I've decided once it's done and MOT'd both clios are going up for sale and buying myself a van and maybe a k5 gsxr 600 to use for track days etc

And missus is looking into booking me some track instruction etc

Last edited: