ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring 2013 - CS EoE Annual Trip - 30th May - 3rd June 2013

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
well with all 4 wheels stacked in the back between the struts i can still get 2/3 crates of beer in, Less than the normal 5 lol

You could always change your brakes on the way there danny :p

On a serious note, I have some brembo max discs that have done around 2k miles that i changed when i took the horrible ebc redstuff pads off the previous owner fitted. If you pay for postage you can have them!

SQ5
As the Mac disc the ones with the five ^ kind off marks?

I don't mind changing pads quickly. Think it only took 20 minutes, but discs can through up all kinds of issues if the caliper falls and stretches a brake line etc...

I'd much prefer the HC as they are plain. I may take you up in that Dan. They don't have a lip or anything on no? Are the Brembo pads any good? Better than standard or equal?

Could I be cheeky and get them this week and pay in Germany when I have a month of being able to dip into the savings?

C3 Picasso Beast
I've got the Brembo pads on mine and they're defiantly better than standard. People say they're not as good as other pads but I can't compare...

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Ye the max are the grooved ones. Bit noisy which is another reason I changed them.
Tempted to make some brake ducts. Never had them fade before but just in case

Thank you. How much do you want and when can I pick them up?

Ill bring them Sunday? Or does it need to be done secretly? Ha. Call it £40 for the lot? Obviously you can inspect them first etc

The discs are so good still that Rhys said I should leave them on when I fitted my new pads, and we know Rhys's standards ha

SQ5
5 weeks from now I'll already be in France! Rather excited now!

I'll be leaving off work ready to pack!

Ill bring them Sunday? Or does it need to be done secretly? Ha. Call it £40 for the lot? Obviously you can inspect them first etc

The discs are so good still that Rhys said I should leave them on when I fitted my new pads, and we know Rhys's standards ha

No not secretly, would I be able to pick up before as I'm fitting my rear spacers Saturday so will do them as well. Saturday morning or any evening before.

​£40 sounds good thank you!

SQ5
Brake bleeding today and going through things with my mate.

As Tom has dropped out his mates a bit pissed off so maybe going to try and fit 3 in, our tent will easily that's not an issue but car space will be!

Just so everybody knows too Next Bank holiday we will be having a BBQ at Dan's just to have a run through what everyone need to take as last year we had about 6 jacks, 7 tool kits, a BBQ, spare wheels galore etc..... Which we really don't need!

In my eyes between us that are camping we will need

2 x Jacks
2 x Axle Stands
1 x Spare Wheel each
1 x Litre PAS and oil, mainly for journey there

Everyone that wants a tool kit bring one as they're only small and flat!

I'll contact Ady about stickers now and get a few spare white ones for people that haven't replied.

SQ5
1. DannyR - 2x White
2. Dmallett - 2x White
3. Scott - 2x Orange
​4. Breamy - 2x white posted please :)

I'll leave this here for the weekend so anyone can update what they would like first!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Did my brake bleed the other week using ate superblue, Made it so easy to see when the new fluid was through! brakes are amazingly sharp now though, Only been out in the car once in 2 weeks as i was away last weekend in blackpool. Hopefully get it out today :)

SQ5
Mine feel brilliant now. Massive bite as soon as pedal is touched!

Just borrowed friends machine polisher to give my bonnet a good going over, maybe whole car ;)

Wanted to get new wheels fitted today but didn't have time. Probably be doing them the day we leave now!

Minus fitting a proper splitter, braided lines and a few other bits im good to go.

Glad your liking the brakes danny, obviously a massive improvement over the cheap s**t on there previously!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Good brakes do seem to transform the car, Had ebc reds on mine when i got it and they were horrible

SQ5
Yes they have, mines a standard car so anything over standard is spot on. Car felt grey tonight, finally one heat in the Tarmac and sticking nicely.

Also watched a Cadillac CTS-V do 180MPH past me! Runs nearly 800hp!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers, Just a quick clean and some rubbish phone pics!
Love it on the f1's, going to take my team dynamics in the boot for track!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Alright for some, Took mine to mk and back to go skiing, cruised at 90 most of the way faultlessly, covered in bugs now though!

SQ5
Coor, mines covered too! Was getting 44MPG from bury to Snetterton, few laps soon saw that down to 20! Still better than my mates integrale!

LY Megane R26
The cars basically ready and I trust it. It's just me! Need a tent from my Nan and find a bed etc, find my EU card, can't find my V5 anywhere as its £25 for a new one!
Then I don't know what spares to take, not that I have many apart from fluids lol And the only spare wheel I have is a 16" turini, could that get me out of trouble or should I take two. But then again even them only have about 2mm tread.

Need to change the offside caliper and bleed the brakes and fresh plugs and the car will be ready.

Titanium 182
im definatly saving for next year. Not sure id go in my car though lol how much does it cost for a passanger i anyone wanted me

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Brake lines aren't to bad to do :)
I litterally need clean clothes. Got euros etc
Have found that I probs need to pad some parts of my cage so that's on order :)