ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring 2013 - CS EoE Annual Trip - 30th May - 3rd June 2013

SQ5
Yes we will have.

We can start a list now if you wish

Stickers

These are the style we will have, exactly the same as last year but with 2013 instead of 2012! I think you can have virtually any solid colour.

anu8u8ez.jpg

1. DannyR - 2x White
2. Dmallett - 2x White

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Last year was def the best year for weather. and also my best trip!
Let's hope this year is as nice. Or at least dry!
Are you posting stickers out Danny? If so I'll have some!

SQ5
It was also my best trip ;)

As long as it doesn't rain I'm happy really!

I can send them out or meet you over there. Usually we just hand out as was only a few of us within the group last year.

Will happily send out to you though.

SQ5
Stickers

These are the style we will have, exactly the same as last year but with 2013 instead of 2012! I think you can have virtually any solid colour.

anu8u8ez.jpg

1. DannyR - 2x White
2. Dmallett - 2x White
3. Scott - 2x Orange

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
1. DannyR - 2x White
2. Dmallett - 2x White
3. Scott - 2x Orange
​4. Breamy - 2x white posted please :)

GSXR + KDX220
Lol at us trying to stick them on at 12,30am in tesco car park last year!
Lol I was putting mine on at 3am in Thurrock services! gutted I can't make it this year.....I'm definitely going again though!

None ha.

gained an eml light though with nothing showing up on the built in code thing so I'm guessing its just being a tw*t.

Still got my braided front lines to go, fit the boot lock thats still at the post office and poss fit the bucket seat that ive had since January :eek:

SQ5
Nothing exciting, just standard wheels that have been refurbished recently and have a decent condition lip, not rough as f**k like mine!

I know its only vanity but the wheels really let my car down.

Then just the boot and bumper painted and a good machine polish and I'm sorted ;) all after the ring of course!

SQ5
I'm lacking funds, luckily it doesn't need little bits here and there like last year.

My plan is to sell my wheels for £100-120 then it would of cost me £100 to get mine done to a decent standard so shouldn't really lose out too much!

At least you'll have some music on the trip.

I think Tom has dropped out as he can't afford to go as he needs his Cambelt and dephaser doing and he doesn't want to risk it.

Rhys you're working on a tight deadline! Are you taking a passenger?

SQ5
He wants a bike again I think but it is a shame, his ticket is up for grabs for the boat if anyone hasn't booked yet too.

LY Megane R26
I need to drop the oil, change the plugs, change the pas pump, that I have no clue about!
Was going to change gearbox oil but not sure I can be bothered!
Need a new left caliper, well second hand but better than the one I have as don't trust the bleed nipple and bleed the brakes.

Few question tho what are people taking as spares? What documents do we need? And break down cover, what people doing about that?

Documents- insurance, passport/e11 card, driving licence both parts, ferry booking confrimation.
Break down cover- I will tow anyone back to the UK who breaks down.

PAS pump is easy to change! as is gearbox oil.

Last edited:
  LY Megane R26
Cheers Dam,When I got my cambelt changed at 519 there was a slight leak on the pas pump but the fluid hadn't changed from when I had the car, 2 years now. But the pulley rocks from side to side which had caused more wear on the belt on one side, obviously not sure the wear has come from 5 years from the last belt changed or the last 2 weeks of a knackered pump, that ill never know:/

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
I searched European breakdown cover on Google. First result is a comparison site. Used them many times. 25 for the duration of the trip for me with allianz. Hopefully won't need it but worth it for that money.
Getting euros sorted at weekend as well. Just got to ring insurance company now.
Also with documents make sure you take logbook as well

SQ5
Was then going to say you'll need V5 too.

I'm just taking my whole folder with everything in.

My AA cover includes Europe for a certain time anyway and checked I'm covered the other day.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
That's quite good. Must be expensive aa cover! I have breakdown cover with my bank so would need to change account for euro cover

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Trying to decide whether to take track wheels in the boot or drive there on them.
Got around 4mm all round. Need to do the trip there and back plus 25 laps. But the ring isn't particularly hard on tyres.
Opinions?

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Think that's minimum for their mot not for driving as they say you need to have a year left in the tyres or something

Trying to decide whether to take track wheels in the boot or drive there on them.
Got around 4mm all round. Need to do the trip there and back plus 25 laps. But the ring isn't particularly hard on tyres.
Opinions?

Id go on road tyres, play it safe. Can you store the wheels where you stay?

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Ye they have garages I normally put stuff in. Plus plenty of driveway for changing wheels. Just means less beer room lol
Think it's probly a good plan to play it safe

SQ5
I would take a spare set if doing that many laps, turn the wheels upside down and put the beer inside ;)

Passed MOT with flying colours, with small plate and no sidelights ;) and no advisories on the paper!

Been told to change my brakes though as discs are becoming worn, pads are fine.

May get some before going on May payday but don't want to break anything fitting new ones so close. Probably wait till I get back.