ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring 2013 - CS EoE Annual Trip - 30th May - 3rd June 2013

SQ5
I think I'm going to do my pads before I go this time rather than half way there.

Was getting some fade hammering the standard pads this weekend to see what they were capable of, the discs really need renewing too.

Checked my oil and my 2000 mile old oil is still golden so I'm guessing its good oil and been a very well cared for car!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Get some rc5+ in there. Never had fade with mine! Got some brake ducting to fit at some point as well.
Euro car parts deal means i got shell helix ultra for just over £30 which is pretty good, Got new ball joints and need to get my tracking checked as wheel isnt quite straight. I blame the kerbs at the ring! or possibly cadwell lol

SQ5
Aren't RC5's really dusty though? Looking for something that will be good but not damage my paint, probably go or Ds2500 as I've used them a lot before and always been superb

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
The origional rc5s where but the + seems to be fine. Had them in my r26 as well. When I got that it had ds2500s in but I really didn't rate them in comparison

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Well progress has started on ring prep, Been having trouble with the abs/tc/serv light coming on. Changed the pedal sensor and still had it coming back. Then found a guide to adjusting it and all seems good now. Bloody french electrics!
Also changed the ball joints as there was a little play in them. For the price didnt think it was worth not doing them. Pain in the arse job though!
Have also bought oil, filter and spark plugs for a little service in the next few weeks then should be all good to go!

SQ5
Good work!

I want to prep mine but I have nothing to prep! Oil is golden, suspension is all tight. Will possibly upgrade the pads as said previously and I imagine everything to go wrong on the car at the start of May!

LY Megane R26
Change your pads before we go:/? ;)

I got MOT Wednesday so I'll take my progress from that, fingers crossed:)

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Hopefully get everything ready a whole before just in case anything does happen nearer the time!

Took it out for a bit of a spitited drive, had forgotten just how well it grips!

LY Megane R26
Awesome!!!!!

It passed MOT as well btw:)
Tyres should be here today so they will be fitted when the AD08 on my Turini's are shot, then it's cambelt time and major service:)

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Just waiting on brake fluid then I have everything ready to service the car. So in a couple of weeks it will be all ready

Awesome!!!!!

It passed MOT as well btw:)
Tyres should be here today so they will be fitted when the AD08 on my Turini's are shot, then it's cambelt time and major service:)

What tyres did you go for? Thinking about taking the rainsport2's off for this as hopefully it will be dry..... Trying to decide what front pads to run as well... Ds2500 are £££! Might stick with standard ones?

LY Megane R26
Federal RSR's mate, heard good things with them and been in a few cars with them so worth a shot:) Not fitted them get tho.

LY Megane R26
lol! Only just noticed that, ill be up at 6am on the 29th anyway as ill be so excited;)

Reset it to the 30th at 6am for the ferry:)

Time until Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 6:00:00 AM (Cambridge time)
DAYS
HOURS
MINUTES

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Bit more ring prep done, Tracking checked yest as steering wheel was a bit of center. Was going to change oil as sun was out but by the time i got the car jacked up it was raining, Stupid weather!
May change spark plugs in the garage today as the weather is horrible.

SQ5
Did my inlets yesterday if that's classed as prep? My oil is still golden, everything just feels good on it at the moment which worries me.

The car I took last year wasn't even built by this time! Lol!

SQ5
I'm not really prepared?! Everything will probably break two weeks before!

I will probably do brake pads before going I reckon, standard pads will aren't up to much, but its all I had in before. Ideally discs need doing as about 1mm lip :(

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Thats why im trying to get stuff done with plenty of time. Then if something goes wrong ive got plenty of time.
For the price of brembo hc's new disks isnt a massive expense.
Had a few good weeks at work so the ring fund is looking good as well :)

SQ5
I'm saving for a house at the moment so everything is a massive expense! Lol!

I'm going with the if it ain't broke don't fix it approach at the moment, I need to remember the car for what it is compared to why last ones, this being completely standard it's perfect for me and doesn't need modifying until I can afford it, but with brakes its easy to upgrade if and when, and usually cheaper than OEM.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
I've been in my house just over a year now. Still having to pay out for things! New front door last month. 800 quid gone. Not many mods happening to the car. Luckily most the stuff was done when I bought the car.
Thinking of possibly changing it this year if I can afford it. Depends how work goes

I'm not really prepared?! Everything will probably break two weeks before!

I will probably do brake pads before going I reckon, standard pads will aren't up to much, but its all I had in before. Ideally discs need doing as about 1mm lip :(

Ive got a set of brembo pads in my garage if you want them? still 10mm of pad left on them ;)
E4B935D4-1544-4FCC-8A8C-BD8A5BF35ABC-112-000000009314AB2A.jpg

My preps getting there, all brakes changed just need to add braided lines in! Then stick my bucket seat in and im sorted i think :)

Polo gti
No mate, decatted too, its sounds mega (not too loud) from outside, but the empty unsound deadend insides abit different... Drone rattle, drone rattle.. Cant wait though! Atleast we can make loads off noise :)

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Red one looks brilliant! What's the spec?

Scott yours looks just like mine except mine's a 182, got exactly the same wheels