ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring, clio or bike? OR both towbar?

hey guys

Im off to the Nurburgring in July with a few mates from uni :)
We are staying for a week, so plenty of tracktime available.

But I can't decide if I want to take my clio or my bike?

Standard Clio 172
Suzuki SV1000s

My mate says I should get a towbar put on the clio and take both :D
I like this idea, but don't want to cut/ruin my bumper...

Is there a towbar that doesn't require any bumper modifications? Or did renault offer one to fit the clio 172?
And is it easily removable?

Ps how do I put a poll on here?

CLIO http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii116/gothythechavslayer666_400/clio/DSC01978NP.jpg
BIKE http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii116/gothythechavslayer666_400/svandocty.jpg

Meg 250/E36 Touring
If you've not been before, then deffo take the car!

If you've been before, then deffo take the car!

Personally I think the 'ring on a motorbike on a tourist day is utter madness (having seen the outcome)...

.......Probably one hell of a thrill though!

Definitely the Clio. Seem to see alot more bike accidents on the track and also you can find that they sometimes ban the bikes for an hour or so if theres been alot of crashes.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Problem with a bike is you can have one like yours where its comfortable on the journey there, but you do sacrifice on the track (no offence :eek:) Or you get a sportier bike which excels on track but kills you on the drive down.

Ideally, i'd take the clio. With a look to having a barge towing a sportier bike to the ring next time.

That sounds bad lol, no offence was meant, just your bike excels in most area's but from experience an sv is not as out and out fun as say a cbrr, which inspires much more confidence when riding fast.

Thanks for all the reply's :)
Well since we're there a whole week, I can take it easy to begin with, until I get comfortable on the track.

Also WTF. I'm going to quit my job and become a full time student!
I lost my job, and became a student :) turns out it was the best thing I ever did :D

Problem with a bike is you can have one like yours where its comfortable on the journey there, but you do sacrifice on the track (no offence :eek:) Or you get a sportier bike which excels on track but kills you on the drive down.

Ideally, i'd take the clio. With a look to having a barge towing a sportier bike to the ring next time.

That sounds bad lol, no offence was meant, just your bike excels in most area's but from experience an sv is not as out and out fun as say a cbrr, which inspires much more confidence when riding fast.
None taken, its an uncomfortable, big lazy V-twin with budget suspension, but is still sporty ish on the corners. It certainly has the clio on speed lol but thats not a real comparison to be honest.

I have a tow guide with my cup :D
like a manual?
Definitely the Clio. Seem to see alot more bike accidents on the track and also you can find that they sometimes ban the bikes for an hour or so if theres been alot of crashes.
mmm thanks for the heads up.
some of my mates are taking bikes, they went on bikes 2 years ago and loved it, they said they were taking everything in their path :)
Im not so confident on this bike since its fairly new to me (nearly had for a year) so I wouldn't be going anywhere fast.

Clio 172 ph1
+1 for Clio!

Alot more bike accidents on NBR, plus if you do have an off, you're more likely to get injured (as with on the road really!)

Bikes are faster than alot of cars in a straight line, but don't half get in the way on the corners! :dapprove:

Gay Clio 172 phs1
My mates going over on his gixxer in a pack of 6, they are all riding there and back. I would go but I was taken out by a bellend in a car 4 months ago. Poor zx6r b1h :( so I'm bikeless until the insurance pay out.

And all this its safer in a car malarky, you can die anywhere at any time doing anything live a little and enjoy ya self.

Clio 182 full fat
You see some seriously shocking driving on TF days.

However if your going mid week june, then going from last year and the previous your see roughly 4/5 cars per lap but people tend to crash and game over for that day.

Full TF days I would not want to be on a bike thats for sure. Too overcrowded. I eneded up doing more laps on the week day slots than the full TF days as its just not fun or worth it.

I went out when england were playing germany in the world cup and didnt see one car! Stunning

Last edited:
  Clio 172 ph1
I've only done 12 (I think) laps over a couple of trips but it varies so much on there, it's madness! I've had awesome laps where I've barely seen anyone, and absolute horrors with crashes and jams all over the show :S Luckily never had a wobble myself, yet! :eek: