ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring trip

pimp mobile Zafira
Feign some sort of illness and tell everyone youre staying in bed to fight the bug. Then pack your stuff and come and join us. Jobs a good un.

pimp mobile Zafira
^i thought that you could get cover on you and not the car so that would take the car age out of the equation! Or would thy just be a right pain in the bum.

Trafic 140dci
^i thought that you could get cover on you and not the car so that would take the car age out of the equation! Or would thy just be a right pain in the bum.

It does, but it excludes cars over 11 years old when out of UK, but Dan and Danny are right we should be able to bodge it :)

I was looking into going to the ring on the same date as this, just found this thread. Is it too late to join in?

pimp mobile Zafira
I was looking into going to the ring on the same date as this, just found this thread. Is it too late to join in?
Course not mate. If your up for it you should have a mini northern convoy. Me and a mate are heading down from outside York for the 6am ferry.

Providing I'm allowed the Monday off work, I'll be there! Will be boarding the 8PM ferry on the Friday and will be at the ring for around 1pm Saturday afternoon. Will be catching the 4pm ferry home from Dunkirk on the Monday.

Fingers crossed you get it off! We can save camping space for you.

Ill find a place with a postcode for all the 6am ferry people using DFDS seaways so we can get on together :)

pimp mobile Zafira
^Just a thought but there's a big 24 hour petrol station right near the port! Last minute fill up.

[h=4]BP Service Stations[/h]01304 206444
Dover Eastern Dock, Dover, Kent, CT16 1JA

Last edited:
  pimp mobile Zafira
Fuel prices are a nightmare at the moment. When I was in France in March the fuel was cheaper in the UK.

pimp mobile Zafira
^to be honest it usually is. It was probably my choice/location of petrol station last time.

Just checked this isn't 24 hours. I you want or need 24 hours then there is

Limekiln Street
DOVER
CT17 9EE
+44 1304 204740
This is just a little further in to town but on the same road. It's about 2 minutes from the ferry.

Trafic 140dci
Picked up my tent yesterday, eBay Bargain 4 man tent, £80 brand new, set it up today, OMG it's huge! I can stand up in the living area bit with head room :)

download1-5.jpg
download2-5.jpg
download-8.jpg

Also bought an airbed/sleeping bag combo all in one thing which is pretty cool, does anyone have a pump for it? While in Argos i also got a picknick bowl, plates, knife, fork and spoon set in plastic, there is 4 so i can just eat off them and then bin them :eek: I'm such a man :p

With regards to Tools i'll be taking my:
- Halfrauds 150 piece tool set
- Breaker bar,
- Various fluids for my car
- Impact wrench set (i find these handy as they are longer)
- Coil pack
- Leads
- Paper roll
- My low alloy trolly jack
- Duct tape :)

Other spares we will need that would be handy if some else brought that we could share would be:
- Brake pads (I think Rhys is binging these)
- Axel stands
- Impact wrench (I think Rhys is bringing one)
- Torch!! (I might actually get one tbh)
- Cable ties (DannyR i think this one is for you ;) to bring)
- Tow rope maybe :dapprove:
- Air pump for airbeds/tyres
- Tyre pressure gauge
- Hand wipes for oily hands (I think Rhys is bringing these)

pimp mobile Zafira
^Thats like my tent. Looks like you got a bargain. Need to get mine up just to make sure it's all fine. Not had the tent out for about 2 years.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
What are people doing about money? Usually when I go abroad I take travellers cheques in sterling and exchange it over there as usually get a better rate, and whatever I bring back goes straight back in my account without losing out.

You lot just takin euros in cash over with ya? I've got take a fair amount with me cos paying for the hotel when we check in

Nice tent!

Ill bring,
Axle stands
Small socket set
Multi piece screw driver set
Got a powered pump
Tyre pressure gauge
Breaker bar
Spare fluids
Gas bottle
Badass BBQ/hot plate
Whistling kettle
Two spare wheels

Tent
Air bed
Sleeping bag

Im not bothering with a cool box.just going to get food daily :)

Im sure ill think of more stuff!

Trafic 140dci
Nice tent!

Ill bring,
Axle stands
Small socket set
Multi piece screw driver set
Got a powered pump
Tyre pressure gauge
Breaker bar
Spare fluids
Gas bottle
Badass BBQ/hot plate
Whistling kettle
Two spare wheels

Tent
Air bed
Sleeping bag

Im not bothering with a cool box.just going to get food daily :)

Im sure ill think of more stuff!

Nice one! So that basically means we just need the stuff i said Rhys is bringing and that Danny more than likely will bring :p and we have everything bar a tow rope, think my old man has one i can borrow, and we're pretty much covered for every situation :)

pimp mobile Zafira
What are people doing about money? Usually when I go abroad I take travellers cheques in sterling and exchange it over there as usually get a better rate, and whatever I bring back goes straight back in my account without losing out.

You lot just takin euros in cash over with ya? I've got take a fair amount with me cos paying for the hotel when we check in
Im just taking my card. I'll probably take a small amount in euros just in case.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
May be a daft question, but do ya get charged for drawin out cash abroad? And what exchange rate do ya get? Never used my card abroad before

LY 172
France i thought it was. (sorry dosent come into force untill july.)

oh and i think Speed camera detectors are something like a 1500 euro fine aswell

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Ahh right, wouldn't of effected me anyway as we're driving from Rotterdam so won't touch France