ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring trip

ph1 172
That rear spring looks far too compressed.

I personally would take helmets as you are still going to be flat out in 5th at points even if we're not hammering it

GSXR + KDX220
I might sling 2 wheels in, one will replace the current spare anyway, as I'll be annoyed if I kill 2 brand new ones lol
Also bringing 2 lids with us, purely cos its sensible :)

ph1 172
I once skimped on safety and ended up having my knee plated, wired and screwed! lol I regret that just a little bit!

I am just taking one spare wrapped in BF Goodrich's finest.......Dan;)

I dont own any bf's no more Rhys :(

Im taking helmets! But yes Lewis that spring looks nasty, can't you run 2 wheels on the back and carry only 2 wheels in the back? Thats what im doing :)

LY Megane R26
Is anyone bringing anything for the electric? I think you need them leads to go from pins to a socket?

Im not using electric, Ill charge everything off the car! My phone will be off/on airplane mode so wont use much battery! Also got a pay as you go phone incase s**t gets real out there lol.

So far i have got,

2 spare wheels/track wheels,
breaker bar,
spanner set,
small socket set,
water pump pliers,
breaker bar,
tyre pressue gauge,
electric pump,
fluids - oil, brake fluid, coolant, PAS fluid,
ratchet straps,
duck tape,
7,5kg gas bottle,
bbq,
washing bowl - clothes plus fairy liquid ;) and a tea towel. (my mums so helpful!)
Plates,
Cups,
Cutrely,
BBQ s**t - burger slice things, prong and some stabbing object ( 2 of each, morrisons FTW!)
Whilstling kettle,
Hi-vis x2,
Light refelctooor things,
Triangle,

Still to go in,
Helmet,
Sleeping bags,
Air beds,
Tent,
Camera,
Passport,
Paper work for ferry (Lewis and Rhys i have yours)
Copy of insurance,
First aid kit,
Clothes and the crap,

Thinks thats it for me, have i forgot anything obvious? Cars pretty low, it Will probably rub the whole way to germany!

ph1 172
Scott do you have a helmet or want to borrow that one I gave you last time?

Also, all drivers need to take both parts of their license.......I think

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Can you not just drive there on the track wheels? I am. The ring doesn't wear tyres like a track day! I doubt you will lose much tread at all. How many laps you planning to do?

ph1 172
Can you not just drive there on the track wheels? I am. The ring doesn't wear tyres like a track day! I doubt you will lose much tread at all. How many laps you planning to do?

I am running track tyres there and back and then a week after am doing a track day in Wales which will be another 650miles. So in 2 weeks will be doing close to 2000miles. The spare that I am taking is a road tyre incase I get a puncture, that's all.

Im running track tyres there on the back, taking 2 spare wheels (my road wheels) running them on the front so they dont get scratched :eek: and chucking my other two track wheels in the back.

Trafic 140dci
Think i'll ditch 2 of the wheels and do what Dan is doing, will look odd driving there tho lol. Just hope it won't be wet :/

ph1 172
As long as your not running too much negative camber and toe out then the drive there won't wear your tyres hardly at all as it's all motorway driving.

Personally, I wouldn't bother running different tyres there

LY Megane R26
Scott do you have a helmet or want to borrow that one I gave you last time?

Also, all drivers need to take both parts of their license.......I think

I'll let you know mate, I have got a crosser helmet at home that might fit me better. If not I'll ask for yours:) That's if a crosser helmet will be ok? Soooo excited and I'm not even driving:/

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Everyone make sure you have

Driving license, both parts
Insurance
Mot
Logbook
And passport

Make sure you have the car docs with you at all times! If you get pulled and dont you could be in trouble!

ph1 172
I'll let you know mate, I have got a crosser helmet at home that might fit me better. If not I'll ask for yours:) That's if a crosser helmet will be ok? Soooo excited and I'm not even driving:/

I should imagine that it will be okay. Failing that we can just take both
Everyone make sure you have

Driving license, both parts
Insurance
Mot
Logbook
And passport

Make sure you have the car docs with you at all times! If you get pulled and dont you could be in trouble!

Thanks for the heads up on that^ :)

As long as your not running too much negative camber and toe out then the drive there won't wear your tyres hardly at all as it's all motorway driving.

Personally, I wouldn't bother running different tyres there

Im just being a pussy about scratching wheels!

Car couldn't hardly move, so 15mm rear spacers off.

Ben brought the tent (aka aircraft hanger) and a little gas heater. So excited now!

pimp mobile Zafira
Jump in with us!

We're going to set off from Selby round about 11:30 Thursday night to meet up with every one at Dover for the 6am ferry. Once on the other side there has been talks of stopping at Spa en route. From there it's onto Camping Am to set the tents up. We'll have the rest of Friday and all day Saturday playing about then head back Sunday for the 16:01 ferry. I think most other people are coming bak Monday.

Just use mine! its one of these things. Except its only got a hot plate or grill thing. Can cook most things on it!
Got 10kg of gas in my car also, so shouldnt run out :p
Cadac+Carri+Chef+Deluxe+Portable+Barbecue.jpg

This is our tent,
467546_10150964264105170_666165169_12708285_1604803425_o.jpg

My car pretty muched packed, check out the go pro mount :p
547729_10150964759035170_666165169_12710446_625435873_n.jpg

ph1 172
Mine is no where near packed and nothing is ready.

My to do list consists of:
-Removed passenger seat and fit Scott's Bimarco and harness
-Wash the car and underneath
-Check every bolt that I have touched in the last 6 months
-Re do the front wheel alignment, setting my camber and toe
-Try and dig out my old front brake pads
-Sort out all my spare fluids and various parts
-Protect my wheels with some special stuff from brake dust
-Find my warning triangle
-Sort out some various bulbs that I have kicking around
-Acquire a couple of hi vis vests
-Get the stickers for my headlights
-Get some Euros
-Sort out all the gear that I am taking....

Not much then and a good job that I have plenty of time to do it....