ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Leak

RenaultSport clio 182 Cup
I've discovered an oil leak on my 04' 182 cup clio, i've had it in at the garage an found that the problem is i have a cracked sump valve. Its not from a bang as there are no signs of scuffs or knocks etc, its just ware and tear or me just being unlucky i guess, but my warranty has just ran out. Does anybody know if this can be welded, its only a small hairline crack but its a crack none the less, or will i have to replace the full sump? and ideas of prices if a full new sump is needed would be a great help.

Thanks in advance

Ben

Someone had a repaired sump up for a sale reciently try a search for them.

It can be fixed though yep.

RenaultSport clio 182 Cup
Its been in the garage today and ive found out its gonna cost me a fair few quid, they say that they cannot replace the sump without taking the engine out. Has anybody else had this problem with the sump on a 182 cup? Just trying to detirmine if its a common fault

Its been in the garage today and ive found out its gonna cost me a fair few quid, they say that they cannot replace the sump without taking the engine out. Has anybody else had this problem with the sump on a 182 cup? Just trying to detirmine if its a common fault

Its not a common problem but no need to take the engine out to do it can just drop the subframe instead

have u any idea how much it would cost, approx?

Depend on labour rate won't be cheap though won't take to long you cna if you've the tools etc DIY it just drop the subframe is a few bolts then undo the sump drop it take it out etc fix it new gasget it and stick it back together.