ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil pressure guage Ren 172 sport

I want to fit an oil pressure guage in the car, but still retain the on board dash warning light etc.

has anyone fitted this guage, if so, can I get one in PSI and not BAR, also what fitment will I need to retain both the existing warning light and to enable an electronic preferable , rather than capillary guage, and where is the best and easyest place to fit the guage?

clio 20v

i dont see why you cant you just need a t-piece to go in where your current low oil pressure switch is

u really need to find out the thread sizes of the original switch, but when u buy one u get a selection of adapters u dont always get the one u need, demon tweeks do a lot of gauges get the catalogue or give em a ring they do em in psi and bar afaik

adi

Hi adiclio, have you seen the size of the diameter of the original oil pressure sensor? I cannot even get two dealers to tell me what size thread, as neither has any in stock for the 172!!!!,

I have spoken to Deamon Tweeks, and like you, they need the thread size.then they say they "MIGHT" have a "T" piece.

The only way round it is to buy a new switch, and probably send it to Dea/Tweeks and let them sort out a "T" piece.

Thanks for your input.

would you mind dropping me a PM when youve had some luck with that pls. I want to fit an oil temp/pressure guage too.

clio 20v

you really need to get someone clued up on rens to tell you the thread size im sure the reno technicians might hav an idea or like u say buy one and see

i cant see the 172 having a diff pressure switch to the rest of the range so cant be that hard to get hold of

id also add an oil temp one while i was doing it well worth it

adi

adclio 16v,

I have been to a local dealer (Ren) and have purchased a new sender unit, and have sent it off to Demon Tweeks.to try and get a "T" piece to fit,( as there are many in the Ren range it seems Ren make a different one for each different car they make!!!)

Phillip....Willalso keep you posted.

Both..Did you know, Demon Tweeks now has "Custom fit" pillar pod mounts, ie, where they are made as a direct fit for your own make, Carbon fiber look.??.