ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil problems

Corsa now :0
Hi guys, just wanted to know if it was a common fault or w.e. i noticed my 1.2 clio was using alot of oil. it uses around a full tank of oil in around 1-2 months. i took the air box off to change the filter and noticed about an inch of oil sat in the bottom. i soaked it all up with a rag and changed the filter, then i reved the car at 2500rpm for 2 minutes and then checked for oil again. It had come back just as bad. im using castrol gtx 10w-40.
If anyone can help i will be very greatfull
Thanks
Andy

Dodgy one
How many miles has it done? Positive pressure will cause it to breathe heavy and throw it out the breather and as your experiencing into the airbox,

My 1*2 had a slight coat on the inlet pipe when i got it since i cleaned it its never appeared again though, a bit is normal but i'd say your rings are worn