ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

172 cup, Impreza P1
The mesh over the brake ducts is a good idea. I'm scared in case I get a bird ora squirrel down mine. :eek:

How did you get it to stay in place?

Really is a fine example of a cup! Credit to you mate.

Ollie's Silver Cup
They're bonded into place. :)

You can just about see the adhesive on this photo of the reverse of them.

6146400455_04a3fcd99d_z.jpg

172 cup, Impreza P1
Very neat!

I have the ducting bonded onto my covers so might not be as straight forward. I'll need to have a think about it.

172 cup, Impreza P1
I was trying to prevent ripping apart what I had already bonded but might come to that.

I'll see if I can do it from the outside without making it look sh*t.

Ollie's Silver Cup
Today was MOT day; passed without any problems. :D

My rear pads are getting low, so I'll be ordering some replacement tonight. :)

Ollie's Silver Cup
My rear pads are getting low, so I'll be ordering some replacement tonight. :)

Ordered some Ferodo DS pads for the rear. Went for the DS Performance, as opposed to the DS2500 I have on the front.

Nicely priced at under £50.

Hopefully they'll arrive before the weekend, so I can get them on! :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Ordered some Ferodo DS pads for the rear. Went for the DS Performance, as opposed to the DS2500 I have on the front.

Nicely priced at under £50.

Hopefully they'll arrive before the weekend, so I can get them on! :)

Overkill!!

I never bother with anything more than Motrio rears which are £21 a set. Rears do next to nothing anyway

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
+ 1, Mintex pads for £17 a set off rollings, all they do is keep the pressure up for my fronts :rasp:

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Did it myself on Tuesday and Wednesday night, around 5 hours altogether. Not bad really considering I haven't done anything like that before!!!
5772f8cb-230a-a242.jpg

That's a crap photo though!! I bought some gunk tonight in halfords, and ordered a wire dremel set which fits on a drill so I can clean the rocker cover and paint it red, prob do the throttle body as well. Booked in for mapping end of the month, TBH it goes well now!! Did you notice a big difference after mapping?

Ollie's Silver Cup
Sorry, dude. I thought I'd replied to this already! :eek:

After mapping, it felt like everything had been brought together.

It improved the mid-range torque massively; before mapping there was flat spot between (roughly) 2250-4500 rpm, right where you don't want one.

I was happy with the manifold before it was mapped, in the way the car felt and way the power was delivered. But, the difference after mapping was instantly noticeable. It improved it in every way; power, torque, smoothness. :)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Sorry, dude. I thought I'd replied to this already! :eek:

After mapping, it felt like everything had been brought together.

It improved the mid-range torque massively; before mapping there was flat spot between (roughly) 2250-4500 rpm, right where you don't want one.

I was happy with the manifold before it was mapped, in the way the car felt and way the power was delivered. But, the difference after mapping was instantly noticeable. It improved it in every way; power, torque, smoothness. :)

Can't wait!!! I'm like you, I feel a difference unmapped! And the flat spot is in the same place. It's going in to change the belts and dephaser a week sat with Dan 519, and the mapping is the Thursday after.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Re: Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/428s/Wilwood/2118

Silly question I am sure... With the catch tank, one pipe comes from back of engine to allow oil to flow in... Where does the other pipe go?

The one on the right of that picture is just a breather pipe that originally comes with the RS2, As the mocal catch tank dosent come with a blocker I believe Ollie popped the breather pipe there instead. You dont necessarily need one as the cap on the mocal catch tank is breathable I believe.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

The one on the right of that picture is just a breather pipe that originally comes with the RS2, As the mocal catch tank dosent come with a blocker I believe Ollie popped the breather pipe there instead. You dont necessarily need one as the cap on the mocal catch tank is breathable I believe.

So it's really just a vent outlet?

172 cup RS2 - 330ci

So it's really just a vent outlet?

Ideally it needs to be blocked (to my knowledge). But sticking that RS2 breather pipe will do the job until you can source a blocker. Ive got the mocal catch tank ready to go on as well, just need to source someone who will sell the piping for me

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
definitely dont block it!! it need to be vented!! If it's blocked you will create a large enough crank case pressure to blow out oil seals

Ollie's Silver Cup
On the Mocal tank, it is a breathable cap.

I didn't have a blanking plug for the second inlet. It doesn't hurt to have the breather filter coming from there. (especially given what Danny's just said!) :)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
On the Mocal tank, it is a breathable cap.

I didn't have a blanking plug for the second inlet. It doesn't hurt to have the breather filter coming from there. (especially given what Danny's just said!) :)

True!! Where did you get the extra piece of pipe from the breather to the tank Ollie? I need one from somewhere

Ollie's Silver Cup
I can't remember the name of the place I got it from off the top of my head, but I'll dig the receipt out. It was something like AT or APT.

You could choose whatever diameter and length you wanted; really cheap too. :)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I can't remember the name of the place I got it from off the top of my head, but I'll dig the receipt out. It was something like AT or APT.

You could choose whatever diameter and length you wanted; really cheap too. :)

Thanks m8, I'll have a look on google

F4R mk2 ph2
Keep up the good work, looks great.
Mine´s the same colour, funny, i sold the 182 wheels for the turini´s in antracite, but recently bought the 2118 in silver. haven´t put them on the car yet, thinking on keeping both. So far love the 2120. Although people say it´s the other way around. :S

Question. Realy interested in the wilwood caliper brackets how can i buy for me?

Cheers
Kamalao

Ollie's Silver Cup
Thanks for the comments. :)

The car's cleaned (usually) with Dodojuice Supernatural shampoo and then waxed with Dodojuice light fantastic and/or supernatural v2.

I got the Wilwoods in complete kit from from Jamsport (callipers, brackets, discs, pads and lines). I'm sure they would be able to sell you the brackets separately? (however, you would then need the discs to match the offset).

K-Tec also make/sell Wilwood brackets that are designed to work with the standard disc size and offset. :)