ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMG! Outrageous exhaust fitting prices!

For something that basic you can take into Hi-q, kwif fit etc. They should have a board in reception for fitting costs, otherwise phone up.

However that zorst is universal isnt it? Which means it doesnt fit anything!

-Rob

Clio 172

go 2 1 of these back street grages i got mine fitted for £10, but think the were a bit dodgy coz they were throughin bits of my old zorst at each other :confused:

Skoda Fabia vRS

no, universal does mean, doesnt fit anything

dont buy a universal exhaust there all sh*te

it takes a lot of fiddling to get a universal to fit! did u get the fittin kit wit it?

most will do it for £20 for exhuast fittin and i doubt the bodyshop will charge must for the bumper to get cut!

Audi S3 225

The gezzer at motorworld told me not to get the twin 5 inch universal one, especially on smaller engine cars, because it is not built for your car and can make you car perform crap. The 5 inch tailpipe makes you loose quite a lot of power, smaller tailpipes will perform better he said.

I know what he means though because when I had me standard zorst on the power was instant as soon as I put my foot down, now I have a crap peco powermaster which sounds nice except it defiantly has made me car a bit slower, when I put my foot down it doesn’t seem to respond as quickly as it used to.

good thing is i aint bought it yet...doing my research first. im either gonna get a stainless bb4 or a powerflow - only 20 quid in it so im not sure what to get...
or i could just stick to the original idea of a rage but i just rang xtreme in harlow and they said 70 quid to fit.

the tail design has f**k all to do with the performance of the system. be it 1 inch or 12 inch.

its the bore of the pipe and muffler that is gona be yay or nay.

on n/a cars - lets say a valver - u cant got anymore than 2 1/2 inch on bore size.

better to keep it at about 2 1/4 as standard size is.

the universal mufflers will fit anything.......they usually come with a chop of point just after the muffler so u can fit a 2 1/2 or 2 1/4.

just make sure u go no bigger than 2 1/2 on n/a.

btw, powerflow/longlife/tiger/ascar all should be able to make up the rest of ur system after uve got ur muffler sorted.