ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Omp strutbrace problem

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
I am fitting omp strutbraces to my 02 172, the rear one went in without a prob, but the engine bay one doesnt want to fit properly.
It seems that the ecu bracket and another bracket a bit more to the front are in the way, so that the strutbrace won't sit totaly level on the strut tops.

I've allready checked the engine bay pics thread, and saw that there are a few people with the same strutbrace, so i'm sure the fecker has to fit, just don't know how

any advice is much welcomed

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not taking the Pi$$ but are you putting it in the right way?? One side has a Recessed Area where the ECU Bracket sits so the Strut Brace clears it

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
I'm not taking the Pi$$ but are you putting it in the right way?? One side has a Recessed Area where the ECU Bracket sits so the Strut Brace clears it

LOL no mate that wasn't the problem.

Turns out a blob of powdercoat was hitting the ecu bracket, and because of that the bolt holes wouldn't line up with the bar itself.

All sorted now though.

cheers anyway guys