ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One Clio to Rule them All...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its interesting the 200 (which has great reviews blah blah) is there when the Focus RS mk2 (which also has amazing reviews) is not.

Hyundai i40
really, i jsut hate them, most proberly something to do with the chav near me who has one.

each to there own, if a chav has one near you prob be a massive turn off, if you ever get chance to have a blast in one have a go, pretty fun to drive

Clio Williams & 182
Shows how good the 200 is, considering the short period of time it has been out. Doubt it will be remembered the same way the williams is though

And thats the problem with some of these articles and lists, people/writers go in to them with a idea of what to expect ect from the heritage and the rep the cars already have.
Bet the list would be different if they were reviewed by some one who had no previous experience of the cars before.

Not saying the Williams isnt a great car though.

yea the 200 has done well. Seems like they have got a lot of the disappointments with the 197 sorted out. Maybe they will do a Williamsesque Ltd Edition run.

When I was younger, the Willy had an extremely good time of it in the Press. It became a legend of the era for motor enthusiasts. Thing is, it still turns heads now so is easy to praise and admire.

each to there own, if a chav has one near you prob be a massive turn off, if you ever get chance to have a blast in one have a go, pretty fun to drive

Ditto that.

I actually enjoyed it more than the 106 gti and its pissed up pedals.

Hyundai i40
Ditto that.

I actually enjoyed it more than the 106 gti and its pissed up pedals.

i perferred the 106 over the 306 tbh when i actually drove one a few years back but i think thats cos of the size and id owned 3 106s and saxo vtr and an ax gt. Nower days id prefer a 306 rallye/gti-6 to drive

altho i wanna get a saxo vtr next! lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think its interesting the 200 (which has great reviews blah blah) is there when the Focus RS mk2 (which also has amazing reviews) is not.
Who made this table?

The fact they left the MK2 FRS out is a compliment going by the other picks.

A ANIMAL

SPAM.

Ban Hammer!!!!
banhammer2.bmp

ahhh

*pats the mk1 16v hybrid with Williams suspension* :D

And this quote sums up why so many people can not see the point of the ranking.

It is not purely about speed and performance, but as stated in the article, it is about looks heritage, desirability and history too. Some of the cars listed are not the best cars, but they were firsts. Some are not the best cars but they break new ground.

The trophy may or may not be as good as the Williams, but the williams did everything the trophy did 10 years before the trophy did it. Just as the Mk1 golf might not be the fastest, but it was the first real hot hatch and because of that it has its place in history.

Trashing your car to within a tenth of a second of a porsche on track might make you feel like a hero, but it has little do do with how good a car is in the eyes of the vast majority of people.

172 cup
trophy should def be in there , u cant argue that the golf should not be on there. that was the first proper hot hatch.

Mondeo TDCI 130
PMSL at that list, sorry! But woo i am 3rd......... How much had they smoked before picking!??!?

williams and trophy
saw this list in the mirror today....was chosen by autocar magazine.

the motoring press, who DO know what they are talking about, and get the oppertunity to drive all the cars they have voted on have only backed up what iv been saying for years, as well as others.

williams rocks......newer is not better and all that.....just goes to prove that all the ppl that have slated the older stuff believing newer is better really dont have a clue....which is why they drive newer cars. ;)

williams and trophy
altho i AM surprised theres no lotus sunbeam, or even the TI, or valver. id put a valver over a mk1 gti for driving pleasure tbh.

williams and trophy
still in the showroom....have they sold 1 yet?? lol

and what about the proton gti??

tweeked by lotus u know lmao

lol, for what they are they are actually ok you know, obviously nothing on the aforementioned mind.

good to see thew willy and 200 up there, both so different but at the same time an absolute hoot

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Well what were you expecting?

The VTS shares the same J4 1600cc engine as the GTi

Thus far making it almost the same car.

williams and trophy
lol, for what they are they are actually ok you know, obviously nothing on the aforementioned mind.

good to see thew willy and 200 up there, both so different but at the same time an absolute hoot

aye. but the willy owns it ;) lol

i test drove a proton many moons ago, was tempted when they were new, but didnt think it was much of an improvement on the valver i had at the time, whereas the willy just blew it away.

i wonder how well the newer cars would do if they didnt have all the electrickery s**t on, abs/esp/tc etc etc etc. i think itd be a very diff story then. drivers cars shouldnt have all that crap on anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.