ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One more before I grow up & its a Renault!

Hi guys, firstly I would like to apologize as I can bet this question been asked before a few time but it is always good to get up to date information.

I’ve just sold my pride & joy been a mint 14,000 miler Ford Focus RS, I was all set to get sensible and I've been thinking about getting a ex demo current shape C220 CDI Sport with the AMG kit but I’ve got one more car I need to get out of my system and I can’t quite bring myself to move on without doing it now!

The car in question is a Phase II Clio V6, it all started when I followed Chris Harris’s long-term review on the Black car Autocar ran for a while and he just loved it!

Would I pickup a nice low mileage example for between 16/17k? I also understand their pretty well screwed together as Autocar didn’t really have any big problems with the demo they ran, is this the case?

Any information would be really helpful and some me buying a 4-door saloon before I really should!

Thanks

Nick

Last edited:
The RS models aren't well known for their build quality. Having said that, I've never driven (or even been in, in fact) either derivative of the v6.

The Mk2s seem to start around £16k, so with a bit of hunting, you should find what you're looking for. Sure some v6 owning members can give you more of an insight into ownership, but I doubt you'll find too many trying to persuade you out of it.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
You'll deffo get a decent one for that money, they start at about 15.
There not practical, personally not an everyday car,
Mine is a mint 17k mk1, 02 and am loving every minute of it.
As long as you can live with the attention they create, deffo try one mate, dont think you'll regret it.:rasp:

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Easily pick up one for around 16k. Wait til more of the V6 guys get on, they will advise better. Try and organise a test drive. You'll love it!!

Tyson.

I think in all honestly its the fuss everybody makes of them when there spotted that attracts to them to me, the Focus RS was always been pointed at and it makes you feel a little bit special.

I have look at them in the past but there were just to much money for a second car as it can really only be used in that manner!

I will keep an eye out and let you know if I make any decisions, thanks for the advice guys!

Nick

Meg on pistonheads £6995
Go for it..........

I've driven tons of different cars - even an S2000 and a Scooby felt decidely 'ordinary' after the kick in the back from a rear-engined Clio V6!

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
As others have said ... 16/17k is achievable for a Mk2 since with the V6 appealing to specific tastes and hence a smaller market, it's definitely a buyers market at the moment. Mk1s can be had for 3-4k less.

I'm a father of 3, and I use my Vee as my everyday car so don't let anybody tell you it's not practical ;).

Renault Clio v6 MK2
Although R Andy uses his for everyday, which is fair enough,

I'm afraid i could never handle just my v6. I must have a second car.
I love the v6 so much, and i can't park it in multi storys..etc because you need so much room to open the doors.

Also its very low and i'm constantly worried when going up / down steep ramps as i've grounded the front bumper before. Speed bumps are an issue.

I've got a little old fiesta which i use for work and everday driving, the beast only comes out on weekends.

if you thinking about getting one, then just do it. It really does become another baby, needing carefull, special love and attention.... AND TELL THAT b**ch WIFE TO GET HER GREASY HANDS OF IT !

:eek: