ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OnePlus One, anyone got one?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Pre-orders open on the 27th anyway. No point in faffing around now.

Invites skip the queue though. Even if you place a pre-order and subsequently get an invite you can use the invite to skip the pre-order queue on your pre-order.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Ok I have managed to order one (they extended the time), but its says delivery is 4 to 6 weeks?! Also can someone tell me if you have to pay import duty on these? or are they shipped from the UK?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Well, a couple of weeks into OPO ownership.....and....

It's hands down the best phone I've ever owned. It feels premium, properly premium. The materials it's made from are high quality, the finish is absolutely superb (I've had iPhones where the sim tray didn't fit flush!) and it feels absolutely brilliant in your hand.

I'm running the "stock" OPO OS (Which is Cyanogen Mod 11 with some USEFUL additions - it's essentially stock android) and with my various apps to tweak stuff out (i.e K9 mail, dashclock, lightflow, nova launcher etc) it really is brilliant, logical, clean and quick.

The phone is fast as f**k, everything is smooth on it. The battery life is epically good (and can be improved further by switching roms and using a different kernel).

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Checking out DashClock now - looks smart!

It is mate, loads of plugins for it as well. The dashclock notifier plugin is great as well because it allows you to show information from apps that don't have native dashclock support, it picks up their notifications and displays them.

Wouldn't be without dashclock.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Im still looking for an invite if anyone get one! :smile:

There's no invites floating around at the moment. I guess with the pre-order that they're not giving them out again yet.

There were loads floating around in the week leading up to pre invites.

Yep, my mate had 2 invites that he managed to get, and then decided he didn't want it anymore, so just let them expire. Not only that, he's now decided he wants one again, but can't find an invite. Bellend.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
There's no invites floating around at the moment. I guess with the pre-order that they're not giving them out again yet.

There were loads floating around in the week leading up to pre invites.
Actually there's a few on the forum, but I'm always too slow :p seen about 4 go over the last 2 days.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yeah, it was actually ridiculously easy to get an invite on the forum if you actually put a little bit of effort in (i.e post regularly over a couple of days), but very few actually did it. They were wasting invites in the end as they couldn't give them away.

Now you can't get them anymore, people are like rabid dogs!

My boss got one with an invite after I showed him the phone. He bought another on the pre-order the other day and since I've told him what apps to install, how to tweak stuff he's super impressed with it. He marvelled at airdroid.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Anybody who's registered on the oneplus forum who's member number is below 320k will be getting a personal invite. They will also be giving all people who bought a opo in Aug, sep and Oct 3 invites this month.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Anybody who's registered on the oneplus forum who's member number is below 320k will be getting a personal invite. They will also be giving all people who bought a opo in Aug, sep and Oct 3 invites this month.
any idea how we check if we are under the 320k?!

actually just figured it out, im 312964! woo!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Looks like they are getting these shipped out A LOT faster than expected! Mine just went from 3-4 weeks to:

Your pre-order has been updated

Hello,

Your pre-order is ready to ship!

Guess what? We just prepared your pre-order and it is now ready to ship! You will receive a shipping confirmation within 3 business days from now. In the meantime, you can check your order here: http://oneplus.net/sales/order/history.

Thank you,
OnePlus

yeay :smile: mind you still says 2 weeks to ship! lol

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Got my 1+1 today! woo! Its bloody brilliant. Love every par of it so far. Just hope it lasts! :) Also mine came with a uk 3pin charger, not an eu charger + adapter like I thought I was going to get! Awesome..! :D

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It's awesome mate, I got a personal invite from the 420K posts again yesterday! Not quite sure what I'd do with two phones though!

Well made aren't they?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
It's awesome mate, I got a personal invite from the 420K posts again yesterday! Not quite sure what I'd do with two phones though!

Well made aren't they?
yep they are brilliant, even the box it came in is nice tbh! lol. Only thing I have noticed is a slight jutter on video playback every 5 second or so, but i suspect its firmware related.

currently 18hours on battery, been playing on it a lot (inc the power hungry clash of clans) and still on 42%! incredible!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Yeah, probably just needs an update, that was a bug in previous Android versions :smile:.

As for phone charger, you lucky bugger. I hate mine having basically 2 parts to it.
yeah i was pleasantly surprised as it was listed as 2 parts on the packing note! :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
im also on giffgaff :smile:

pics of charger... suprised at 2100mA!
pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Looks a decent thickness too. I'm convinced that everytime I go to remove a Apple charger that I'm going to kill myself.

Which dipshit decided to make them so thin that they're almost impossible to remove from a socket!

Wonder when these UK chargers will show up in the shop?

Mini JCW
Looking at the One Plus One as my next handset (potentially) - looking at comparison specs with the Z3 it seems the tech specs (bar the .3" larger screen but inferior rear camera) are identical - so can I ask why you chose these over say the Z3? I ask as buying this and a sim only contract works out about the same as the best Z3 deals available.

Cheers!

P.S - Anyone got an invite kicking about? After a 64gb model - have posted on the OPO forum but if any are going spare on here it'd be much appreciated!

Because it's near twice the price!

It's as you say, near identical specs, yet imo this looks better, and is way way way better value for money.

Plus the main thing for me, no void warranty when flashing/rooting, and the fact it came with cyanogenmod from the start means the custom roms are also based on it, and because of that they just work.