ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ooch - 182 offerta as well

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

just got car on 1st service £272!! Though got rear brake pads replaced they wir rubber ducked. Having a clio is a joy at times but so so expensive to run

Mind you it was running nicely when i picked up and a full valet (so thats worth a bit - lol)

Intererstingly brand new clio 182 £11,999 with 4years 0% finance as well - nae bad i have to say - any takers?!?!? im tempted

Quote: Originally posted by R20 CWH on 15 February 2005

just got car on 1st service £272!! Though got rear brake pads replaced they wir rubber ducked. Having a clio is a joy at times but so so expensive to run

Mind you it was running nicely when i picked up and a full valet (so thats worth a bit - lol)

Intererstingly brand new clio 182 £11,999 with 4years 0% finance as well - nae bad i have to say - any takers?!?!? im tempted

lol, i wouldnt personally buy another one

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 15 February 2005

whys that?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 15 February 2005

whys that?

i know the feeling i am fed up with my 182 since it was in the dealer since last tuesday and i got it back yesterday.... after some technician had it for the wkend to find the problem... funnily enough they checked some earthing connections on the electrics as the solution... since then the car is running ok...

makes me think i would not have been back to the honda garage over five times in three months...

whys that?

coz in my own personal opinion and from my experience with my 182 i have found renault ownership a pain in the arse, i personally wont be buying anything renault for a long time (unless they sort themselves out)

[Edited by 182_blue on 15 February 2005 at 8:22pm]

Apart from my badge & splitter probs, one of which is about to be fixed this weekend, I have had no problems at all so far in 1200 miles...touch wood.

My only quality question so far is that the dash can be a bit creaky/rattly when its cold, but once the cabin temp is up, I have no rattles at all so far.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

whys that?

coz in my own personal opinion and from my experience with my 182 i have found renault ownership a pain in the arse, i personally wont be buying anything renault for a long time (unless they sort themselves out)

[Edited by 182_blue on 15 February 2005 at 8:22pm]
^^^^^^^^^^

i wll second that

But who else can build such great driving tools for the money? Mind you, Peugeot lost the plot a LONG time ago, and they were the masters.

I have a horrible feeling that there will be no more driver orientated old skool hatches after the current Clio 182. NCAP safety ratings, airbags and electric PS will spoil the party, as they have for virtually everyone. Even the new Focus doesnt apparently steer as well as the old one. FFS where will it end?

I WANT TO STEER MY CAR!! f**k THE COMPUTER!!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

still fancy the gordini stripes with cup pack one, pretty sure one day ill have one:D

Which dealer was that then ??

[Edited by T4LGO on 15 February 2005 at 9:35pm]

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 15 February 2005

Apart from my badge & splitter probs, one of which is about to be fixed this weekend, I have had no problems at all so far in 1200 miles...touch wood.

My only quality question so far is that the dash can be a bit creaky/rattly when its cold, but once the cabin temp is up, I have no rattles at all so far.
[/QUOTE]
Thats the thing though - you shouldnt have to take the thing back as its a brand new car! I buy my TV and I dont expect it to go wrong in the first few months.

With Clios its seems everyone expects them to go wrong and thats gotta be all wrong. Go on the CTR forums and see how many posts there are on there about cars going wrong compared to here.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 15 February 2005

But who else can build such great driving tools for the money? Mind you, Peugeot lost the plot a LONG time ago, and they were the masters.

I have a horrible feeling that there will be no more driver orientated old skool hatches after the current Clio 182. NCAP safety ratings, airbags and electric PS will spoil the party, as they have for virtually everyone. Even the new Focus doesnt apparently steer as well as the old one. FFS where will it end?

I WANT TO STEER MY CAR!! f**k THE COMPUTER!!
lol here comes the old 205 gti reminiscing...

I agree totally though.

Ziel Nurburgring

Does your local dealer wear black and white striped jumpers, masks over there eyes and carry their tools in a bag marked swag?

Thats over £100 on the most expensive ive found for a 12k service. Surely rear pads, inc fitting cant be that much!

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 16 February 2005

Rear pads? At 12k?

And £272!!!!!

lol!
yeah thats ridiculous, I paid about £250 to get 3 years worth of servicing thrown in when I bought the car!

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by visceral on 16 February 2005

just paid £145 for a 12K in a 172
Mine would have been the same if i hadnt taken my own oil. Sounds like someone was robbed!

Octavia VRS

ill have some of that especially as my mate has upgraded his 206 to a mini copper s

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 16 February 2005

ill have some of that especially as my mate has upgraded his 206 to a mini copper s
Thats more than I paid, pop into any Arnold Clark Renaults POW and see what theyll do...

The 4 years 0% probably requires a 50% deposit

[Edited by rory182 on 16 February 2005 at 11:05am]

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 16 February 2005

Rear pads? At 12k?

And £272!!!!!

lol!
i reckon the back brakes are proper 5hagged and its not through doing massive stops or that, the brakes were just awful and did sound bad in the morning. I dont think 272 is that great but it would have been 204 without the brakes guff, i think the 70 extra wasnt great value as had some ersing around in edinbro today and pulled up well but still dodgy, i think i will get brembos for the car in next 6months im sick of the pisch stopping i get at th mo