ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on Admiral/Elephant pls!

don't

Ok renewal in a week now, hic cant come near this time round so im off, 20, 2 yrs no claims, 2 crashes in 2002, 1 at fault for

alloys,lowered,de-cat,

cheapest places were elephant,admiral,hic,flux

admiral are now cheapest

all quotes are 3rd party fire and theft

for 12 months itll be £654
for 10 months itll be £546 now i worked it out and it means paying same amount each month whichever 1 i go for

admiral are not as mod friendly as id like so im guna go for 10 months so i can change earlier :)

read up on another thread sayin the 10 mnths thing will be fine as insurers dont ask how u got the no claims, they just want 2 know how many yrs u have

admiral are really quick 2 answer their phones which is gd, nice change from hic, although admiral dont allow window tints :-(

any1 got any opinions on admiral/elephant, what there like 4 a claim, any probs with them?

cheers
.Dave.

don't

what they like for paperwork, quick and get it right??

only prob is having 2 pay all in 1 go, paying monthly and they charge £140 extra, rip off, so guna pay it all off in 1 go as its not 2 much

what options did u take with it, as u can have personal accident plan thing, windows cover, hire car cover

all cost about £20-30 each extra, was only guna take accident plan 1

Did it on-line, just no claims protected, dont need a car for work so wasnt bothered about a replacement car.

lewis

don't

sh!te for what??? sh!te for claims and help and paperwork??

they answer their phones fast so at least it wont take long 2 complain, prefer that than being on phone for 20 mins + each time i want 2 do anything

prob only be with them 10 months then move on somewhere else as ill be 21 with 3 yrs no claims :)

clio 16v

im with Admiral, havent had to make a claim, but all my paperwork was on time and correct, so cant complain!

Im with Admiral, pretty good so far.

Standard Policy (fully comp) is good - although you need to pay extra to get an "complimentary" hire car if you Prang yours.

Wind-Screen cover is unlimited which is nice as Renault windscreens are made of "Suger Glass" (went through 3 in 4 months)

I had a Claim this year with Admiral, too a fair bit of time to sort it out, but as it was a Write off I guess thats expected. Delays were in getting the car "assessed then re-assessed" but once that was sorted the money came through quick enough.

They were very fair with the Claim amount, even increased it to more than I expected on first refusal (which was nice).

Also more interestingly even though the Claim was a Fault Claim (totally my doing) they gave me a discount on my next policy if I stayed with them. Of course I expect my Premium to go up next year :) but Ill only have 1 Claim in 3 (the write off) by that time so Im not too worried :)

So yeah I recommend Admiral, competative price and a decent policy.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I made a claim through Admiral. Took three weeks in total for them to decide what to do with the car. Kept sending faxes through to people that would never arrive. They were good at answering the phone quickly, just not that ot at actually being able to provide me with any information. In the end I had to go direct to the assessor and then the legal & Technical assessors to push things along.

Having said that, they were far cheaper than anyone else, so you take the rough with the smooth.

Try CIS, they were a bit slow dealing wiht my claim, but very mod friendly, and you get a 25% new customer discount too

i gave elephant 950 for my clio.. which is currently going through being written off now.. (recovery and paperwork was fantastic i must say)

will let you know how it goes..

admiral/elephant are the same company though, you know that right heh

don't

yep knows its the same company, thats y i asked for opinions on both so id get more answers

as for cis, tried them, they wanted over a grand, used 2 b gd for quotes but are not sh!te, moneys all in account ready 2 go so looks like ill arrange it all on monday and then all done with ;-)

don't

well certain now im going with admiral

at 20 itll cost me £515 for 10 months on my rsi, would be £540 on a valver

im moving in a few weeks and the new postcode brings price down a further £35 , guna take there legal cover of £20 though as dont wana get screwed there