ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

opinions on rear badge please

Inferno 182FF
Thinking about de-badging the back of my 182 and putting a newer 200 style one there. Seen it done few times on here and like the look of it. However come across another style badge on eBay and think it'll look sweet, cant decide!

Question is 200 style or Old school style????!!!!

Screenshots_2013-03-19-23-42-05_zps30904081.gif

Screenshots_2013-03-19-23-42-53_zps3358ed3b.gif

Inferno 182FF
Looks smart jesus! I want thinking of putting it on the right hand side tho, so literally just one badge. Understand theres a hole that side anyways so it has to go there, would the 197 badge cover the hole, there seems to be a lot more gaps in it?

The 197 badge will cover it if placed correctly. You'll still be able to see tiny gaps if you look up close but nothing major. It does look good too.

Arctic Blue 182 FF
Only £26.00 from Dan on here Just fitted mine looks much better
Photo-0650.jpg

Last edited:
  Inferno 182FF
Just checked that old style one is only 90mm wide, makes that not an option. Only 200 or 197 now!

RS6 C7
I like the new 200 style badge on the left hand side and the clio badge on the right hand side still, Like this:7
IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

I think the 197 badges look as good too but they are about twice as much ££! , I can't source them at the right money unfortunately :(

Inferno 182FF
Think im going 200 badge only on the right tbh!

Yeah hopey it looks sweet! It's a canny drop as well but the ride hasn't suffered much, just doesn't like speed bumps lol. Been scraping a bit ha ha! Sorted out the knocking aswell, was the left cv joint. Just replaced the whole driveshaft. Just got an inner arch to fit, front splitter, and sort out the badging on the back then I'll post some photos on the fb page (and a clean)!

Titanium 182
197 badge for the win, the 200 one looks a little modern for the car imo...

9c9b8dc7-b733-4d66-9bb4-4a7f6195deaa_zps8dc1a438.jpg
Exactly. The original one looks 80s for some reason, even though the 172 only came out in 2001. At least the 182s were only 1-2 years old when the 197 came out. It suits the car quite well.

Arctic Blue 182 FF
It's a shame the lights don't;).
Theres always one isnt there,these lights are renault OEM and are an optional extra for the mk2,i hate the cheap "lexus" lights on the market and these are the best option if you dont like the standard,ok have your opinion but its my car and i like them nuff said

iLikeDuplo

ClioSport Club Member
  Willi/182Cup/265Cup
This thread has really caused me problems... I like orginality but have started looking at a new exhaust for the 182 and now this is giving me more ideas... from what i've seen, I vote 197, or badgeless. Don't want to lose my cup badges tho, do I leave just that on? Anyone got a cup 182 with 197 badge on left?

iLikeDuplo

ClioSport Club Member
  Willi/182Cup/265Cup
i didnt lucky lol paint place only 10 mins away and thank you

I managed to get pulled leaving the FCS 2 years ago as I forgot to take the 'Williams' plates off my Williams (shocker) before I left. That was fun as I'd just had a drag race with a 205 gti...

Inferno 182FF
Ha ha quality! Lol sorry it's made you think. Personally I like the look of the milltek for the exhaust. And think I'm going 200 on the back just on the right (197 wont cover the hole properly and it will annoy me!)

iLikeDuplo

ClioSport Club Member
  Willi/182Cup/265Cup
Ha ha quality! Lol sorry it's made you think. Personally I like the look of the milltek for the exhaust. And think I'm going 200 on the back just on the right (197 wont cover the hole properly and it will annoy me!)

I'm torn between the yozza and milltek, apparently the milltek cracks at the welds, in some cases. the yozza looks seriously quality too...