ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions please - Clio 172 - Monaco Blue on eBay

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182/207cc GT
This is pretty much the limit of my budget, it's fairly local to me to:

Opinions please - Clio 172 - Monaco Blue on eBay

http://bit.ly/1jbWWKt

I can see a mistake with the "Full fat" description. :S

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182/207cc GT
That's really nice. Must have been on here at some point

i thought so too,

I just want to see proof of what has been done, doubtful of the estimated bhp but i'm a realist. It's a nice looking car.

I'm just about to move house and need something to tackle B roads to work.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Williams Blue, must be a one off etc.

Tbh the ad is pretty poor... but if it's not that far from you, it might be worth a look.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182/207cc GT
Williams Blue, must be a one off etc.

Tbh the ad is pretty poor... but if it's not that far from you, it might be worth a look.

yes it wasn't great, must have had a re-spray eh? ;)

Just hoping it is okay when I eventually go and see it. Had no messages back yet from the seller.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182/207cc GT
can have mine if you take the 695 off that advert price!
Looks a decent motor though!

Yours looks nice, possibly a little high mileage for what I'm looking for, what about service history? and cam belt changes etc? where are you in Surrey? I'm on the Sussex/Surrey border.

Chi

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4, VW172, R26
Dont worry about miles. The one on ebay will be needing belts soon enough mate and you will need to factor this in come resale time..

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182/207cc GT
Dont worry about miles. The one on ebay will be needing belts soon enough mate and you will need to factor this in come resale time..

Thanks Chi, so you're saying just look for one that's been looked after with recent cam belt changes etc... regardless of the miles it has done? I am lucky enough though to have a friend who owns a garage he is willing to do any cam belt changes for a heavily discounted rate, even on a 172 with AC

Chi

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4, VW172, R26
No mention of belts.. So you'll be stretching your budget and maybe need to spend more. .Id prefer a cheap car needing belts as that's the best way to gtee theyre done.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182/207cc GT
I called and it hasn't had a service he says in 20k no belt change either, he is adamant that its a 60k interval on the belt Pfft

I don't need a car for another 6 weeks when our house sale goes through, will just keep looking. It's a shame I'm not a fan of Silver.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called and it hasn't had a service he says in 20k no belt change either, he is adamant that its a 60k interval on the belt Pfft

I don't need a car for another 6 weeks when our house sale goes through, will just keep looking. It's a shame I'm not a fan of Silver.
I knew that he didn't know what he was talking about.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay, so the first will need a cambelt next year. that is doable. I do like the Monaco Blue
The one on eBay, Being a 52 reg it should have had the cambelt done TWICE already.

At the end of the day it's over due so I think they've scrimped elsewhere too.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 Monaco blue
Yours looks nice, possibly a little high mileage for what I'm looking for, what about service history? and cam belt changes etc? where are you in Surrey? I'm on the Sussex/Surrey border.
It's done 108 but in good condition, and well looked after, ask nick172 he viewed it Monday for a mate and reckons well worth what I'm asking for it, tax till July and mot next January , dephaser sound, new injectors, only had it 3 months but I like the car but not love it, hence why I'm selling it! Am in guildford and no idea on belts but was on my list to change if I kept it! Great lil car

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 Monaco blue
Come and have a look and make me an offer, you may be surprised as I just want rid of it!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182/207cc GT
Jules172

I would love to have a look, would you meet half way? I've not even sat in one or driven one yet?

I'm RH18

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 Monaco blue
Ah that's one is in Edinburgh.

RH18 is near East Grinstead.
Oh cool, this is where I am with the car at the moment, I have a guy who is very interested in and possible collection Friday, but the car could be sold as early as tomorrow, if it shouldn't go through for what ever reason then I shall let you know. I don't like messing people about in any shape or form.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182/207cc GT
Oh cool, this is where I am with the car at the moment, I have a guy who is very interested in and possible collection Friday, but the car could be sold as early as tomorrow, if it shouldn't go through for what ever reason then I shall let you know. I don't like messing people about in any shape or form.

Thanks Jules, keep me informed that would be great. Send me a PM or something and I will give you my mobile number.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 Monaco blue
No problem and if it does go to the bloke good luck with your search, I will let you know either way :)