ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Origin B2, Road Angle - wireless update

Does anyone know if any of these devices can update wirelessly to my home network? It seems a real pain to keep removing them from the car and plug into a PC?

Get a laptop and take the PC to the car ? Probably not the cheapest option ! LOL !

What is the connection that is needed to update it ? Is it an RJ45, Serial, etc. ?

Its serial.. but seeing as you take it out of your car to prevent theft, you might aswell take it inside. heh.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 29 March 2004

Its serial.. but seeing as you take it out of your car to prevent theft, you might aswell take it inside. heh.
agreed......

i take my road angel out always, so updatin it is easy enuff, only takes about 30 seconds to do

Renault Laguna Coupe

Its really funny watching the update in progress - the new data comes in from the internet like lightning, then takes ages to go down the 9.6k serial connection to the B2 unit! Still only takes a minute or 2 total though.

Install a PC in your car, theres some cool MiniATX boards out there, throw 802.11B on it and hook it up through serial on your B2. Would be really cool if you could hook up the PC to one of those in dash LCD screens as well...

Its possible, think it should cost ya around £300 - £400 if you do it all as a custom job, its definitly something im thinking about doing. But its obvisouly a bit tricky with a new car as ya dont want to take out the drill and chainsaw to get the damn stuff fitted. Battery power is an issue as well ofcourse...

In-Car PC costs about £900 to do it properly.

I did it, and now Ive taken it out.

TouchScreen VGA 7" Screen (Composite Output isnt really suitable for it, cant read text), Proper 12v DC-DC PSU (Shutsdown/boots using ignition) etc..

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Gets pointless tho really,

as u have a different cable to update the unit with!!!!

so means u wud have to take it out the cradle, plug in new cable, and power, then get it working, easier just to take it inside and near the computer????