ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Original Valver CD Changer and head unit

Does anyone still have this fitted?

Ive just aquired a new valver and taken the MD player out and replaced it with the original Blaupunkt Head unit and the car already had the optional disc changer in the boot. Luckily the guy who had the car previosuly didnt cut the connectors off, so it just plugged straight in and worked first time!

However the stalk next to the stearing wheel has a connector which doesnt have a slot to go in and there is like a big socket identical to the cd changer socket with nothing plugged in, my guess is that i need to get some adapter anyone got any ideas how to get the stalk working?

P.S. has anyone got a copy of the original manual scanned in, like a pdf file?

I still have the orginal Blaupunkt headunit in my valver but its only tape/radio. As the the controller stalk its a adapter which can be bought from halfords (£30ish last time i heard)

Normally the one that you have has a twin block at the back (brown/black) and this fits in the back of the blaupunt headunit. The control stalk (grey cable) has a white connection block which fits in the other slot. However because mine has the optional 10 disc multi changer that has more wires and a tripple block so there is no room for the stalk control white connector to plug into. There is however a spare socket handing from the tripple connector but its tubular not rectangular i think there is a cable/adapter that joins the two together has anyone got the manual to confirm?