ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pad and compound selection!

Renault Sport 172
Hi, could any one enlighten me on pad, cutting compound and polish for my car. It's a 2003 Clio 172.(monaco blue) It was machined polished with a das 6 a few months ago using poorboys ssr 2.5 but a few swirls and rds remained. It was my first go at machine polishing somaybe I didn't get technique quite right. I've done a few cars now with better results so maybe I'm getting better, just wondering if there is better pad and compound combos that are good for this car? Paint depth gauge reading are healthy, 150 on the readout so enough paint to play with. I've just ordered a das 6 pro to replace the das 6, hopefully the extra grunt will help. Any recomendations would be much appreciated! The pads I've been using are unknown make to me. They came with the da as a package bought from monza car care. Cheers in advance, Andy

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Hex logic range of pads are very good and robust

I like menzerna polishes myself, or any oil based abrasive compounds tbh, more work time and nicer to use IMO

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I never feel the need to sway from 3M pads and Menzerna polishes tbh.

+1

I have also used hexlogic pads and they're very good, atleast there cutting ability is sort of mid way between each 3m pad.

I dont rate the green hard cutting pad from 3m, I prefer to use something else as it falls apart to easy. I've used flexi pads in the past which are decent and dont clog up with compound, also finding the hexlogic orange pad offers a nice cut for those stubborn highly swirled areas

I also used to use 3m compounds, however the green top fast cut plus is quite dusty, so I started to use menzerna instead and havent looked back since