ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pagid blue or Pf 97 with 'MAX' Discs

clio 182 + cup packs
ive narrowed it down two these two pads now already got the discs so thats a no change just stuck on witch pads, the pf are £20 chesper than the blues is i worth the extra?

be used for fast road and some trackdays

megan R26.R number 006
with maxi disks you want to go for pagid blues as they work best with them but if you want the best pad for track work go for the pf97's they are the best pad out there i am running pf97 pads on the front and ds2500 pads on the back and its a awesome setup

but for fast road and the odd track day i would go for the ferodo ds2500 pads

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I can't comment on max discs as I've never run them (standard HC for me), but I've run both PF97s and Blues.

The Blues lasted 30k miles including track action and the dust wasn't too bad.

The PF97s lasted 15k with less track activity and from the bump-strips down, my car is still caked in dust from them. They do spark massively at night though, halfway across the road, which is nice.

For the money, the Blues win hands down.

ITB'd MK1
PF97s work well but I've seen the aftermath of hard track use on them. Andy managed to set fire to a set at Oulton Park which destroyed all the caliper seals, They also ruined a set of wheels and the paintwork was pretty badly damaged. Dont think they are intended for a full weight road car really. Pagid pads really well on every application I've seen over several years

Lionel Richie
Andy loves the brake pedal though Danny ;)

and the brake dust is easy to get off if you use the right products

Inferno 182
I only have experience with the pagids so my opinion may be of limited use but I recommend them with the max discs. Got them fitted last week and think they are great after doing a trip up to north wales. The feel is very good, no fading and there is not much dust.

A4 oil burner !!!
If its more for fast road whats wrong with mintex 1144's ? Supposed to be ok and cheaper then afore mentioned :)

Mk2 172
I know the guy at PF and hes always told me not to use the PF97's on the road. Go for the pagid blues if ure using it as a road car :)

megan R26.R number 006
i did 15 track days and 7000 miles on one set of pf97 pads and three sets of disks they are a awsome pad they do have there down side like the dust but as fred says with the right products they the dust is fine .