ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pagid Blue's - Have I F***ed them?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted these a week ago, 400 miles since, with some light, and some firm, but no hard braking.

Just went out to film a 0-100 video since I've got the decat on now, and thought I'd try a 100-0 video too.

The pads bit into the disc OK, and initially felt like they had enough to lock the wheels, and to be fair the tyres were howling, but on the 2nd and 3rd attempt no amount of pressure on the pedal could get them past that threshold and lock up.

Do these pads only really have full performance when they are truly warm?

I hope so as these felt like I'd faded them after one stop :S

Either that or I've just glazed them?

Nissan 350Z
I'd be interested to know. My brakes (new greenstuffs) feel absolutely fine until they get any heat in them, and then its like you describe.

Pain in the @rse.

maybe its only now you have put them through the greening phase since you had done no hard braking previously.

2005 Nissan Navara
try de-glazing them...but sounds like fade.

like ben said, they may only now be "bedded"....hopefully so anyway.

Valver
Seem to have the same with my DS2000s after a few hard braking meneovers, its like ive hardly got brakes at all! Maybe they are just over heating though...

when new pads are heated severely they go through a greening phase in which it feels like you have no brakes at all. Leave them to cool fully, then do a few more medium braking attempts.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I had the same thing with my pf97's

I thought i had bedded them in but i didnt work them hard enough.

@ the guy with the ebc's thats fade mate, those pads are crap.

Nissan 350Z
Well i was advised they (EBC) were good enough for road use by fred, and i was prepared to buy ds2500's as i could afford it.

I really hope they are better than what they are like so far, as at the mo they are worse than worn down OEM pads.

Focus ST
My green pads are fine. Have done a couple of hard brakes from speed (on the way to work) and have managed to get brake fade a couple of times, but overall they're ok.

Wouldn't mind trying the red pads just for s***s and giggles. Anybody tried them??

Nissan 350Z
Thats the thing though, i never really suffered much fade with the stock pads. I expect them to be at least slightly better than those. Having said that, i'll give them a little while longer, at least a couple of thousand miles. If they dont improve by then, i'll go for something else.

The new compound EBC Greenstuff's are a different kettle of fish to the old ones that were supposedly crap.

Focus ST
Day said:
The new compound EBC Greenstuff's are a different kettle of fish to the old ones that were supposedly crap.

Mine are only 4 months old, well from when I bought them off K-Tec.

Focus ST
RacerStu said:
I find my green stuff pads to be ok. Does anybody know what the yellow stuff pads are like?

Aren't they Yellow, in the shape of brake pads!!!

LOL Sorry, bored at work... :S

I find my greenstuff lock up and scares the s**t outta me. Might go for the yellowstuffs as they are a track pad and can do harsh braking.

Civic Type-R
Gweebs said:
Aren't they Yellow, in the shape of brake pads!!!

LOL Sorry, bored at work... :S

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ;) I meant what is the performance like compared to Green Stuff pads if anybody knows :rasp:

Apoligies for the thread resurrection!

But I've had some Greenstuff pads fitted recently and am experiencing very similar to what Mark has described:

The pads bit into the disc OK, and initially felt like they had enough to lock the wheels, and to be fair the tyres were howling, but on the 2nd and 3rd attempt no amount of pressure on the pedal could get them past that threshold and lock up.

Any ideas what the problem is?

172 Cup SOLD
Apoligies for the thread resurrection!

But I've had some Greenstuff pads fitted recently and am experiencing very similar to what Mark has described:

Any ideas what the problem is?

Yep....there crap

I had the red stuffs which are marginally better than the greens I think and I bedded them in correctly and put about 1000miles on them, I was driving around at a South East Meet and had them smoking in 5mins and suffering severe fade on the road, seriously, the worse pads i've ever had, Renault OE ones were better.

Now, I run Pagid Blues and haven't had the slightest of problems and they were abused to around 70 laps over easter weekend @ Donnington.

My green pads are fine. Have done a couple of hard brakes from speed (on the way to work) and have managed to get brake fade a couple of times, but overall they're ok.

Wouldn't mind trying the red pads just for s**ts and giggles. Anybody tried them??

my mate had the reds on his scoob the scoob is no longer withus because the brakes didnt work lol

Yep....there crap

I had the red stuffs which are marginally better than the greens I think and I bedded them in correctly and put about 1000miles on them, I was driving around at a South East Meet and had them smoking in 5mins and suffering severe fade on the road, seriously, the worse pads i've ever had, Renault OE ones were better.

Brilliant. I thought they would at least be marginally better than OE.

They do have better initial bite than what I had before (worn out OE, so not surprising). But braking from high speed they just seem to give up. I can't even make them lock up if I try.

Is this fade or what? I'm wondering if its not something else like fluid needing bled ??

Should have stuck with what I know by the looks of things - never suffered fade with OE.

Greenstuff are crap
took them off immediately, best thing I did
ds 2500 were far better even before they were bedded in

Greenstuff pads with the latest compound are ok when warm.

Hardly crap, found them brilliant on my last trackday.

If you wanna know what crap feels like try some Textar/Halfords pads ;)

Cup'd Monaco 172
I have yellows and rate them. They felt crap to start with but once you get them virtually on fire then let them cool. Fine after that.

I would never bother with greens or reds, because the latest yellows works from cold, last ages and never fade, even on the circuit.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Ooh, dragged back up again.

Just to add, since that first problem I had with them not biting, the Pagid Blues been fine ever since.

20,000 miles and 6 trackdays later and there's still about 6mm left on them as well.

Will these new fangled Carbone Lorraine ones last as long?

VaVa
Great. Who bumped this thread? I've got some greenstuff pads ready to go onto my car now. LOL.

I'll give them a go. Mate of mine has them on his stripped ZetecS (with a 150bhp Puma engine I might add) and says they are great for the cash. So we shall see.

Great. Who bumped this thread? I've got some greenstuff pads ready to go onto my car now. LOL.

I'll give them a go. Mate of mine has them on his stripped ZetecS (with a 150bhp Puma engine I might add) and says they are great for the cash. So we shall see.

I did (sorry Mark to drag up your original post again - was'nt my aim!)

Interested to hear your opinion on the Greenstuff Laingo. Still making my mind up, gonna give them some more miles.

cock mobile.
All these people with track pads scare me.

A lot of track pads need ages to warm up, I want to know I can stop at the end of my street and not hit the granny crossing the road!