ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint flaking on 172

Hi,

Ive noticed that a little paint is starting to come away from the front wheelarch (nearside only) of my 2001 172. Its only at the bottom, obviously getting hit by stones etc. I had this on another car but it was new enough to get it repainted under warranty and then they stuck on some transparent film to protect the new paint.

Doubt that Renault would be interested in sorting this under warranty even though the car is only 2.5 years old. In any case, I dont really want them involved. Just wondering what the best DIY solution is? Im thinking: touch-up where it has come away, then get some transparent film as above. Any idea if sticky film can be bought off-the-shelf for this purpose? Any issues with the touch-up paint taking to the plastic bodywork?

Thanks in advance for any tips,

Gareth

can always try, i presume you are talking about the leading edge of the sideskirt where a mudflap would fit if the car had them. if so i seem to remember someone having this problem and had it sorted FOC by his dealer. best thing to do is go back to the dealer find another car the same age on their forecourt that hasnt suffered the paint loss/flaking to compare and use it to show the service/warranty guy there.