ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Part-ex with 172 Cup

Mk1 16v

Went 2 a car place tody an saw a gorgeous 172 cup. Spoke 2 salesman about part ex an im sooo tempted, not with this 1 but deffo want 1 now! jus wonderin if u guys thought about price of this 1???

Was 52 plate with 17k on the clock and was goin 4 10.5k i tho this was steep or am i lookin at this sort of price?? He said he would give me 4.5k for mine!

Mk1 16v

yeah i tho it was! thoght it was a good price 4 mine tho! well im deffo after a 172 now made my mind up 2day!

Wot u think? to cup or not?? am i rite in thinkin cups dnt come with leather or climate control? wot else is the diff? which 1 2 get??

Quote: Originally posted by riche on 06 February 2005

yeah i tho it was! thoght it was a good price 4 mine tho! well im deffo after a 172 now made my mind up 2day!

Wot u think? to cup or not?? am i rite in thinkin cups dnt come with leather or climate control? wot else is the diff? which 1 2 get??
your correct, you also dont get cruise control or abs/traction control or zenons

Get a bank loan and go private.

No way would i spend anywhere near £10k on a 172 cup. you can get a used 182 with all the goodies for that

Get an £8000 loan over 3 years, buy the car privately and then sell your car privately. With the money you get for your car now, put that onto your loan.

Easy;)

Vee dub

182 blue - :D

Please may i borrow it just for a day to see if i want one? ;)

Nah, seriously, i think ill get one next!

Vee dub

riche - if you aint got xenons and leather, you cant miss them!

Just think how much quicker youll be able to go without all that unneccessary equipment weighing you down! ;)

no, i sold the cup, miss it sometimes but not too often, i never had a single problem with the cup tho unlike the 182

Nippy white cup

I paid £10650 for mine brand new (6 miles on the clock) and 12 months tax! They are having a laugh m8.

Chris

work out how much youll be paying per bhp. I have a a 1.6 and for me it worked out at around £100 per horse. Thats a lot cash

350Z Roadster+Oil Burner

I got my 53 cup with 2500 miles on 1st Nov last year for £10k, got them to throw all the goodies in (mats, full tank, 12m tax, etc)

10.5k is a really bad price. 172 cup is a really nice motor and I prefer it to the 172 standard. Look around and you should find a 53 plate cup WITH climate control for £9k at the most. On autotrader the climate control ones are usually marked [CC] but u have to double check with the owner cos some people just put the [CC] on anyway.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

i got my 52 plate 172 cup with a smidge under 30 thou for just under £7500 back in nov, imo 10k is way over the top....

172 cup

Im lookin at buying a cup now. Local dealership is selling a Jan 2004 registerd 53 plate cup for £9500. If i go for it i could get them down a couple of hundred. Is this a decent enough price? People point out that for 1k more i could get a 182 but im not really that fussed. Both cars are very similar so for me theres not much point paying any more for a car thats not really any better. IMO of course.