ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parts genuine or not?

Clio 182
Looking at doing the dephaser soon, is it wise to use all genuine parts, or to save some money by purchasing a Gates cambelt kit and a Bosch water pump etc, im inclined to buy a Genuine Dephaser, just trying to save money on an already expensive job.

I wouldn't use cheap unbranded stuff, but gates is a well renowned company, and Bosch probably supply Renault with the parts as it is! :)

Appreciate your thoughts peeps.

225 Cup & Williams
I would use genuine stuff. I've had the belts done on 3 clios & my megane and I've used genuine on them all.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Adam @ Wolverhampton Renault was doing a deal on the cam belt and aux belt kits when bought together (the aux belt kit will also need replacing)

Dephaser i thought was only available from Renault, the prices seem to range from as low as £120 to £160 for some reason. The engine oil and filter will also need to be be replaced.
If you buy gen Renault parts and something was to fail then its under guarantee.
Oh aux belt kit from ECP is a SKF kit but is £150, from Renault is around £50.

Clio 197
Price up the genuine parts from Adam and take it from there, he is very competitive. I went for all genuine bits when I had mine done.