ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PAS steering pump change - advice

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
Hi Folks lots of advice on the site re a 2001 172 PAS pump swap out but having removed the engine cover the bar that goes from block to alternator I was wondering if I really needed to take off the valance, lamp alternator et al.

Is it possible to remove the PAS once the pulley and tensioner is off - it looks possible or is that a daft thing to think?

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
Good news is wheels on + valance on I've removed the belt and tensioner and the PAS is now loose in an ally cradle bit on right of second pic - cant see how to get it out and looks like it will only come out nearside if the cradle removed (how many bolts) or by taking off the alternator and I think I need to drive out a tube that the bolt lives in?

Am I fouling this up seems so close.

Clio PASb.jpg
Clio PASa.jpg

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
Haven't done a PAS pump before so might be missing a sneaky trick, but I have had the aux drive apart.

I'd say that for the sake of an extra 15 minutes to remove the bumper, slam panel and alternator you'd be silly not to. For the sake of a bit of work you'll gain so much more access.