ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Porter Cable Polisher Importing Guide

106 GTi
Re: Archived Post from old forum

RS-Steve said:
Mine left the US last night. looking forward to givin the car a realy good clean, might need some help understanding all the diff colour pads when it arrives tho lol.

Pads are labelled well when packed, Cutting, Polishing or finishing.

Which ones have you gone for DAS or SFX?

DAS Pads

Cutting - Orange
Polishing - Green
Finishing - Blue

SFX Pads

Cutting - Yellow
Polishing - White
Finishing - Blue

To wash them I use fairy liquid on the pad in a bucket of warm water and hand washing up liquid. Squeeze out the excess products from the pad and allow to soak, rinse with clean water and air dry.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Just thought i'd post up the pics of my repair job with the PC.

The plan was to tackle the etching that had been left on the rear bumper and tailgate by some evil bird crap.

This was what it looked like before i started. This was as good as i could get it after a couple of treatments by hand using some scratch remover.

etchingbefore1.JPG

etchingbefore2.JPG

I used the Sonus SFX-1 Restorer with 4" Spot pad to work on the marked area. I then did the whole of the car with the SFX-2 and 3.

Very pleased with the results, the mark has almost completely gone. Only I would be able to spot it now, and it would take some looking to find.

etchingafter1.JPG

etchingafter2.JPG

Since taking the photo's I've applied the Pinnacle Carnauba wax and the finish is amazing. Got to clean the wheels and other stuff yet.

Will take some photos of the finished car later.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8
Cheers R-Jay an crackin job from Nik, mines just this minute arrived and as im on hoilday an its a nice day it seems a shame not to experiment!!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8
best money ive spent in a while!! Just spent another small fortune stocking up on stuff, should have ordered all at once but ya live an learn!

hey sorry i havnt replied but bloody forum not working for me, well done to you both, really good jobs, glad to see you got the mark out nik