ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"NEO" 172 Cup Rally project with shiny bits on!

172 Cup Jenvey'd
DSC_000002_zpspnnk8my3.gif

DSC_0017_zpsmxshgsbz.gif

DSC_0015_zps6xvkmpe5.gif

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Airbox is all done apart from pressing a stamp in the cover plate hence the plastic still being on it. Sounds sweet!

DSC_0025_zps7dorgghr.gif

DSC_0019_zpsdd5thb3c.gif
DSC_0020_zpsco0qrk9g.gif

DSC_0022_zpssszoxzgk.gif

DSC_0030_zpsuhzrxkmd.gif

DSC_0021_zpsmpkoqlbn.gif

DSC_0028_zpsiqiulisx.gif

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Thank you! If anyone's going to French car show then you will see it in person, will be on track 9-11am and 2:15-2:30 for the soundtrack aswell :)

RB 182
Even with stiffer engine mounts, have you allowed for much movement in the box? Looks very tight against the rad and top panel. Does look mint! Might be worth putting anti vibration pads or sound deadning under the box to soften the noise. My home made Ali air box sounded a bit tinny when the engine was under heavy load.

172 Cup Jenvey'd
As discussed on the other thread there is infinite room for the airbox to move to cover the engine movement the way it's mounted.

As for the sound it's perfect, it's quietened down the sound inside the car but outside it's still as crisp and loud as before.

Soundtrack:
http://youtu.be/s9KWIPlXJ3o

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Sounds pretty rude doesn't it haha.

I owe the fabricator many curry's and much nando's haha.

Filter sits in a slot on the bottom, then another plate sits inside and is fastened in. Should of got photos of that really.

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Re-made the radiator top pipe which looks sweet and also finished off the airbox pipework to the catchtank. Pretty much set for fcs now :)

DSC_0038_zps3a2cxmxc.gif

Also the little Plate that holds the filter in MG cup

DSC_0036_zpstvw8qp2g.gif

Now to enjoy it at a few shows then onto the rollcage.

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Not cmc mate, they are 100meters away indeed but will be getting it done at Saxon motorsport which is even closer again haha. I've seen their Clio, haven't spoken to him about it though.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Not cmc mate, they are 100meters away indeed but will be getting it done at Saxon motorsport which is even closer again haha. I've seen their Clio, haven't spoken to him about it though.
Lol! Happy days then! The last time I saw their Clio they were 'modifying' the drivers seat and cutting off the head restraints/ears!! This was at the Nurburgring where they're banned on TF days. Whoopsie!

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Well fcs has been and gone, I had a blast on track! Was very impressed with the way the car felt and handled in the wet and dry with r888's on! Very predictable and controllable, only got overtaken by the 200 cup car and some other race 172 cup which had wets on so was very pleased!

Only things I need to amend is trimming a piece of the front mudflaps so they don't rub the tyre and fasten the front bumper on abit better, I'm thinking a couple of aerocatches will do the trick.

Next up will be pugfest at Prescott "in a clio -_-" to get some runs up the hill which Ive done the last few years, then hopefully a track day at oulton park in august!

Here's a few snaps..

DSC_0106_zpspdiriugh.gif

Screenshot_2014-06-09-07-26-50_zpstrtte9rf.gif

Screenshot_2014-06-09-07-26-37_zpspyqj7waf.gif

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Time for a little update, the cage has been ordered which will be the full safety devices r016 from Mark fish motorsport. Should be here in around 4weeks.

Trackday booked at oulten park on August 19th which is the same week as the cage is due so with abit of luck I will have that fitted ready for that.

Also last Sunday had a great day at pugfest at Prescott hillclimb. 7runs up the hill and was apparently 3rd quickest up there according to my mates timing skills haha. And sounded the best which will do me!

IMG_20140713_210850_zpsgys0osq3.gif

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Cage shall be here Wednesday by all accounts, so work has began on drilling out the spot welds on the original seat rails aswell as any other unwanted brackets. Weld in seat rails shall be here early next week also. Hopefully be all ready for the track day at oulten park on the 19th!

Also the fabricator whipped up a proper rubber mounted ecu tray.

DSC_0288_zpsjtgheav9.gif

DSC_0289_zpsros3tufn.gif

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Cage is finally in! Aswell as proper seat rails. Only took 3 full days to fit *sigh*

Very happy it's all in and ready for oulton park on Tuesday!

Snapchat-20140817063205_zpsn59xhryu.jpg

Also got a go pro mount made up too which is sweet!

DSC_0317_zpsglugzbk1.jpg

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Yeahh that's it, single venue tarmac events. Would be great to get it done for brean which is the end of January.. We will see

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Inbox is full dude. I remember seeing this at FCS, didn't realise it was so close to home!

That cage looks impressive too, deffo need to come have a nose at this haha :D

172 Cup Jenvey'd
A little bit of an update, bought a new set of pro race 1.2's to fit a set of wet weather tyres on, I've gone for uniroyal rainsport 3's

Booked another day at oulton park next month aswell.

Also checked out the geometry last night and the tracking was way off what I wanted so hopefully be a little quicker again this time around.

Front track was toeing In 18minutes.. Rear is toeing in 1.5degrees!

Running parallel up front now and going to order shims to run parallel on the rear aswell.

DSC_0537_zpshvqz9za2.jpg

DSC_0524_zpsqc41mnhu.jpg

Just needs a spanner check and hopefully have a passenger footrest/battery tray combo aswell in time for the track day

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Have you had the map tweaked with the airbox yet? Interested to see if you got any gains with it as I don't know what route to take with mine now it needs a new filter.