ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Clio 172
Had a near 80,000 point round last night that helped.

And Scott I have been playing it on the pc since it came out in November 2011. I also frequent 64 man servers so easier to rank up as there is more people to kill/heal/supply. In two rounds last night I got 2 resupply medals.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Had a few games last night so thought id try a couple of different guns out, instead of using the usual. The semi auto sniper guns are spot on, two shots and they fall. Also tried the pkp and the other big ass guns. Example. On metro by A when they rush through the doors to the left as you look at A, theres me tri pod out sights fixed. Hilarious the amount of kills/points you get.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
I'm a fairly decent FPS player but I find this game so difficult. I've been playing a lot more the past 3-4 weeks and it goes to show just how practice makes you so much better (I barely played the game properly before). Before I was dying a lot more than fragging, but now it's miles the other way round. I'm playing it on the PC so bear in mind people are a lot better with a keyboard and mouse. It's a different level of gaming on the PC tbh.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/54312895/1/367629772/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/54478615/1/367629772/

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't played this since the first expansion (Karkand) came out. Tempted to get back into it - is the general consensus to buy the other DLC packs?

I used to play conquest, I did dislike the game as I can't stand the tanks, lol.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I don't think I've played a game with a vehicle for months. All about Operation Metro for me, although I do love Siene Crossing and Grand Bazaar too. The small maps are great.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Don't mind Bazaar or Sienne but I'm sick of Metro, playing on a server with only that map on repeat has killed it for me. I can just about stand one round before I get bored and f**k off elsewhere.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Don't mind Bazaar or Sienne but I'm sick of Metro, playing on a server with only that map on repeat has killed it for me. I can just about stand one round before I get bored and f**k off elsewhere.

Opposite for me. I really do like it, especially when the enemy has more flags. Can be a real challenge at times. Some games I'll just rage quit but I'll usually be back on later. LOL.

Really didn't like it at first, but as Assault I'm enjoying it.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Oh don't get me wrong, I did love it. It had literally been months playing more or less nothing but that map. It's like playing the same song on repeat, it starts to get irritating after a while.
I'm sure I'll find my love for it again at some point, just need time away from it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I love metro.

Hate it when they have all the doors covered just endless dying and going no where.

That is f*cking annoying yes. Especially at C.

A guy was spawn raping the base by running around the back and taking out our team. I caught him with a swift blow to the knackers with my AEK. That prompted me to stand over his corpse and shoot him in the face for a good 5 seconds more.

I was only interrupted by a rocket to the head. I was then dead.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I think I'm going to resurrect the game, and give it another go. I'm bored stiff of CoD, and don't fancy Halo 4, so will download the new DLC and pick it up again.

Although saying that, I have just bought Fallout 3, and need to play Fallout NV too :(

Clio 172
I haven't played this since the first expansion (Karkand) came out. Tempted to get back into it - is the general consensus to buy the other DLC packs?

I used to play conquest, I did dislike the game as I can't stand the tanks, lol.

Close Quarters is worth getting as is Aftermath.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You left me hanging man! No body covering my ass! Ruined.

You left me hanging too! LOL. What time were you on? I was on from 8pm till 9pm. At one stage I had 20-1 kills and by the end it was 30-30. F*cking absolutely annilhilated once the oppo claimed all 3 flags. No f*cker revived. Had to switch squads about 4 times.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Baffled by some players on this. I'm admin on a 24/7 Metro server which says SEMI-AUTO SNIPER = KICK....got killed by one guy with an SKS with iron sights, messaged him saying 'no semi-auto snipers please'. Killed again by him, same setup, sent another message 'no sks!' and of course I got killed again, was feeling way too lenient although I sent one more message '1more sks = kick' and straight away I saw on the kill feed he killed someone - sks.

The game was around 1hr15min and I kicked him. I then get numerous messages from him complaining about how many points he had!

Lol, just lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I was on arazi palace or whatever it's called the other night. Spawned in at our base, jumped in a jeep as you do and died, killed by admin, wtf lol

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
It pisses me off when you play by their rules and still get kicked! Was on a 500% tdm on canals the other day, no shotguns, c4 or semi auto snipers. I hardly use them anyway yet was killed by spas12's, dao's and SKS loads. Then I got a kick and ban from admin.
It normally doesn't bother me too much but I was f**king leading too and we had about 15-20 kills left. c**t.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Baffled by some players on this. I'm admin on a 24/7 Metro server which says SEMI-AUTO SNIPER = KICK....got killed by one guy with an SKS with iron sights, messaged him saying 'no semi-auto snipers please'. Killed again by him, same setup, sent another message 'no sks!' and of course I got killed again, was feeling way too lenient although I sent one more message '1more sks = kick' and straight away I saw on the kill feed he killed someone - sks.

The game was around 1hr15min and I kicked him. I then get numerous messages from him complaining about how many points he had!

Lol, just lol.

The game autosaves periodically so he'll have kept his points and tallies anyway.

Frustrating though yes. Same with servers saying no 320. Yet I'm killed numerous times by that f*cking thing.

AK

M240i
Not played this in months, currently working my way through downloading 8gb of updates and map packs.

FML.

AK

M240i
All downloaded now mate, all maps packs up to date too as I'd bought premium.

Ready any evening TBH. x

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Metro tonight TBH. After 8pm. Done. It's the 1750 ticket one. Oh it lasts.

There's only usually me and Scott from CS that go on, but usually I'm on my own *violin*

Yeah spawn campers can be a pain, especially on Metro if your RU is outside, and the enemy are just sat at A picking you off.

One thing that does annoy me about this game is that some of the 'original' maps are never played anymore. I used to love Tehran Highway, but no server runs it anymore it seems.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
If we can get a team of 3 or 4 together (which may take a while but if you get in the queue and wait you'll get on eventually) then I'll set up my headphones etc.