ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC vs Consoles Official Thread

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I understand that PC's can outdo a console game in terms of graphics etc but using a mouse and keyboard sucks so much dick its insane.

I used to play a few FPS on PC (although not a great one) but i still got to see how it works and i just dont like it.

Its Controller > Mouse & Keyboard for me rather than Console > PC.

Lol. There's about as much truth in that comment as Kelly Brook holding a doctorate in particle physics.

D.

I presume he uses a joystick to navigate windows.

You've got to have some serially fucked up gaming claws to experience both methods at length, and opt for the sticks.

F82 M4
After being a hardcore CS:source clan player, to a console player putting in lots of hours (I try to play for fun but still hate losing).

I have to say it's down to choice.

I hated having to constantly update my PC, buy new bits and upgrade others. It just got on my tits! Console gaming makes it much easier.
But the mouse v controller argument, mouse wins everytime.

The precision a mouse can move at compared to a controller is unreal, hence why console games have that gay assed sticky aim, does my nut in!
You don't need that on a PC, as if you flick your mouse never mind doing a 360, you've probably just done a 720. It's so easy to home in on someone with a mouse as you are completely in control of it's movement the whole time. There's no flick back off the sticks like a controller.

Easiest way to judge is watch a MLG match or the like, same game, watch a console match, then watch a PC match. You will see for yourself.

I'm waiting for Conneh to sort out his ISP so we can return and bash out the UK CS scene! Haven't played a competative CS game since March 2009 :cool:

EDIT: (I'm talking about 1.6 btw, not that load of tripe you call "source") :rasp:

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I presume he uses a joystick to navigate windows.

You've got to have some serially f**ked up gaming claws to experience both methods at length, and opt for the sticks.

Mouse & Keyboard to navigate Mac OS X = YES

Mouse & Keyboard for FPS = NO simply no.

I'm never ever ever going to agree. You're all wrong.

PC is clearly the best machine for gaming but for ease of use and price i'd always take a console, and my personal preference is for a controller. Thats purely what i base my extreme views on. I dont like change!

I say Controller you say tomato! What ev's!

F82 M4
Mouse & Keyboard to navigate Mac OS X = YES

Mouse & Keyboard for FPS = NO simply no.

I'm never ever ever going to agree. You're all wrong.

If you get "the worlds greatest COD xbox player using a pad" vs "the worlds greatest COD PC player using his keyboard and mouse" who do you think would win?

Listerine & Poledo
PC's for work, Consoles for games.

Only because I dont want to turn out another couple o' hundred quid a year just to keep the PC running the new games as they should be run.

1.8 Civic EX
If you get "the worlds greatest COD xbox player using a pad" vs "the worlds greatest COD PC player using his keyboard and mouse" who do you think would win?

The one using a mouse simply becasue it's easier to be better/more accurate.

FPS games are much easier on a PC with K&M and to keep up with the industry costs a fair bit of money.

To play with a pad and play well takes much more skill and is cheaper.

In Summary:

PC - Rich people who are crap at games so need to make them as easy as possible by using a mouse

Console - Skin-flint sheeps that have teh gaming skillz

That simply isn't the case now though. The games aren't moving on as quickly as they did, and in any case you always had the choice. With consoles you're stuck with old tech from release day, and have to keep it for 6 years. Triffic.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

I know who would win but that doesn't necessarily means its better.

I drove an F430 around a track and then drove a lotus elise, i know which one is far superior but it doesn't mean i enjoyed it more.

Its all personal opinion at the end of the day... and my opinion is never wrong. lulz

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
That simply isn't the case now though. The games aren't moving on as quickly as they did, and in any case you always had the choice. With consoles you're stuck with old tech from release day, and have to keep it for 6 years. Triffic.

That's true, but the games being released are still getting better and better. Uncharted 3 in a few months, which will hopefully be even better than Uncharted 2 which was 2 years ago. Even though the console is 6 years old, the games are still pushing yet getting nowhere near the limits of the capabilities of either console.

The consols are at limits now in terms of capabilities in my eyes.

The graphics can't get no better as they are struggling to get 60fps constant now. Look at black ops, that was made to look crap just so it could run at a constant higher FPS.

LOl at sticks needing more skill. I'm gonna replace my steering wheel with handlebars tomorrow because I'm so good at driving I don't want it to be easy to control. PMSL. If you need the controls to be s**t on order to make the game challenging then that's a pretty poor state of affairs.

1.8 Civic EX
LOL Rhino!

I would beast you with a pad, and with a mouse.

Mouse is much more skilled.

you probably would but tbh I don't care lol

How is a mouse more skilled? It's much more intuituve, which makes it easier. You just point it exactly where you want it and click the button. With a pad it's harder to get the pin point accuracy as it's easy to move it too far/past the point you're aiming at.

LOl at sticks needing more skill. I'm gonna replace my steering wheel with handlebars tomorrow because I'm so good at driving I don't want it to be easy to control. PMSL. If you need the controls to be s**t on order to make the game challenging then that's a pretty poor state of affairs.

lol skill is the wrong word but you know what I'm trying to say, and to a certain extent you just agreed ;)

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

I've not seen anything on PC thats made me think "oh s**t i wish my cheap console could reproduce that" yet, until the gaming PC's can do some radically different to the FPS gaming experience i just wont see the appeal, personally.

I'm fine with my un-upgradable system, for now.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The consols are at limits now in terms of capabilities in my eyes.

The graphics can't get no better as they are struggling to get 60fps constant now. Look at black ops, that was made to look crap just so it could run at a constant higher FPS.

Crysis 2 is a great looking game on the next gen consoles. It's like they've figured out how to do lighting effects perfectly. Graphically I don't think any console will ever be able to compete with a souped up PC, but games are definitely looking nicer as developers improve on the technology involved. Battlefield 3 also looks far better than Battlefield and Bad Company 2 etc.

you probably would but tbh I don't care lol

How is a mouse more skilled? It's much more intuituve, which makes it easier. You just point it exactly where you want it and click the button. With a pad it's harder to get the pin point accuracy as it's easy to move it too far/past the point you're aiming at.

Doesn't that show that pads are not as good?

A mouse is more skilled because not everyone has cat like reactions. You can be out aimed all day with a mouse by someone with better hand/eye co-ordination and reactions.

1.8 Civic EX

A mouse is more skilled because not everyone has cat like reactions. You can be out aimed all day with a mouse by someone with better hand/eye co-ordination and reactions.

if you define good as making things easier then yes your right (which I agree with)

In saying that, I don't want a game to be easy. I like a challenge, although not as much as roy as I would imagine playing a racer with handle bars instead of wheel would be bit of a b**ch tbh.

but the same goes for a pad too with regards reactions....

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

You can be "out aimed all day" with a controller too, sniper matches on Halo for example showed that.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Halo is dog s**t though so that is that opinion void straight away.

I also agree but the fact is if you have better reactions than someone else it will also give you an advantage on a console. It isn't something exclusive to PC users.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I LOVED PC FPS.

Get about 10 people on Ventrilo and then just play hours of RTCW, ET, BF, CSS, DOD everything.

Massive community. I find it alot easier on the PC than on the XBOX but I'm getting more use to it. As people have said buying new hareware was a fuckin ballache. Especially when people in your clan are running 125fps and your running 40fps lol.

CS.cs ? :cool:

I've not seen anything on PC thats made me think "oh s**t i wish my cheap console could reproduce that" yet until the gaming PC's can do some radically different to the FPS gaming experience i just wont see the appeal, personally.

I'm fine with my un-upgradable system, for now.

That's because most new PC games are neutered to make them work on your old tech :( Check out Eyefinity.

Get about 10 people on Ventrilo and then just play hours of RTCW, ET, BF, CSS, DOD everything.

Another reason why PC gaming is great. The ability to use an external voice client that works extremely well in very good quality.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
CS.cs ? :cool:

That's because most new PC games are neutered to make them work on your old tech :( Check out Eyefinity.

Well if they want to change my opinion they better pull their thumbs out and produce something that i think deserves all that extra cash.

I'm not gonna pay more than i have too, to play with a mouse & keyboard on a smaller screen with slightly better graphics that i won't notice too much anyway as i'm pwning too many fools!

Probably be next saturday. Then i'll be back there for like 4 months half way through May so plenty of time to play. Then i'll make sure my new house has decent internet when i move further south again.

Kris up for some mixes when i can? glaCe is up for it and i'm sure a few others will be.

The biggest factor for me, besides the controls, is not the graphics per se. It's the immersion you get from peering into a very highly detailed scene on a monitor that fills your field of vision. You simply don't get that on the sofa, no matter how big your TV is. Shooters are first person. In other words played from your point of view. You need to be immersed in the world you're playing in, not sat on the sofa, detached from what's going on. Even a hundred inch screen at a normal distance from a sofa would not fill your filed of view like a proper monitor, and even if it did, you'd be peering into muddy 720p graphics, with screen tears and very little or no anti-aliasing.

Yes. One pays the price for the benefits that a proper PC setup offers (and yes there are also negatives) but then we all spend our money on what we like.

What CPU you running at the moment Roy? The new Sandybridges look lovely, 2500k would be me nicely. Also wouldn't mind an ATI HD 6950 (flashed to 6970) - then have 2 in crossfire when BF3 comes out just to make sure it can handle it!