ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[MAC/PC/PS3/Xbox 360] - Portal 2 - Official Thread

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
Re: [PC/PS3/Xbox 360] - Portal 2 - Official Thread

It's 10GB installed but my steam said it had downloaded just over 7GB. I want to go home and play it :(

SP campaign is around 10 hours and Co-Op is around 4 hours.

Blimey, wish I got up earlier and set it off now! Gutted :dapprove:

Bux

Golf GTD

I preinstalled it as soon as possible, and started playing it at around 6 this morning :)
Been playing it constantly and just finished the single player story! It's awesome!!

Giulietta 940

I preinstalled it as soon as possible, and started playing it at around 6 this morning :)
Been playing it constantly and just finished the single player story! It's awesome!!

GET A JOB!!!1

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30

The sun is shining, it's a lovely day today. Fcuk the sun, I want to play Portal :eek:

Bux

Golf GTD

Dick :(

How does P2 compare to P1? Does Merchant's voice get annoying after a while?

P2 is sooooo much better than P1, puzzles get harder too so you have to really think about things :)

Nah merchant's voice doesnt really get annoying, he's not with you for the whole thing so you do get some peace and quiet haha

Giulietta 940

That's good to hear. P2 may take me a while, P1 was a total mindfuck for me!

Epic doesnt even come close. Co op is just so much fun with a good mate.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member

P2 is sooooo much better than P1, puzzles get harder too so you have to really think about things :)

Nah merchant's voice doesnt really get annoying, he's not with you for the whole thing so you do get some peace and quiet haha

His voice is starting to get a little tedious for my liking!

But awesome awesome game!

The level designers are absolutely geniuses!

Co-Op finished. So, so much fun. Day off tomorrow so shall do the SP then :D

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member

His voice is starting to get a little tedious for my liking!

But awesome awesome game!

The level designers are absolutely geniuses!

Woops, typo!

absolute* or genius* which ever would sound better.

Love this game, quite far through the chambers now, so unsure as to how long this game actually is. Fecking awesome though!

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30

It's hillarious as well :cool:

GLaDOS - "Did you know people with a guilty conscience are startled more easily by loud noi... *train horn*. Ohh... I don't know why I played that sound..."

Giulietta 940

Still not downloaded it :( I was pissed off about the United game last night, so I was a bit preoccupied. Then this morning I was late for work, so I didn't have time. I won't get to play it until Saturday now, as I'm going to my Dad's in London tomorrow.

Maybe I'll just replay P1 for now.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30

GameRankings - 94%
Metacritic - 95/100
Edge - 9/10
Eurogamer - 10/10
G4 - 5/5
Game Informer 9.5/10
IGN 9.5/10

Pretty damn impressive :eek:

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member

GameRankings - 94%
Metacritic - 95/100
Edge - 9/10
Eurogamer - 10/10
G4 - 5/5
Game Informer 9.5/10
IGN 9.5/10

Pretty damn impressive :eek:

Deserves it!

Awesome game!

Still havent tried the multiplayer aspect of it yet though, looks like a laugh though.

Anyone had any experience?

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30

Deserves it!

Awesome game!

Still havent tried the multiplayer aspect of it yet though, looks like a laugh though.

Anyone had any experience?

I added you on Steam last night if you fancy going through the co-op aspect. None of my CS players are getting Portal!

Storm Grey 200

Oooooo, forgot this was out, Might have to go get it, question is xbox or on the mac...

Just finished SP now. Simply awesome. Incredible level design that only Valve could produce. I'm sad now :(

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1

Picked this up yesterday at sainsburys whilst doing a swift shop. Wasn't sure what to expect, I'm amazed by it. Spent 2-3 hours today on it and I'm absolutely loving it! Up to chapter 4 "the surprise" and had to turn it off. Think I'll pick up portal 1 on xbox download or pc.

Each time I've been stuck for a minute or two I've realised I'm over thinking the level.

Can't wait to play co op with a mate who picked it up randomly too

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1

After 4-5 hours of clay pigeon shooting today I came home with loads to do for our wedding on Saturday, ended up losing 6 hours some how on this bloody game. Completed and done, can't wait for any DLC they have planned.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30

Easily the best game I've played this year. I know the word "epic" gets overused but I cannot honesly think of any other word to describe this game. Haven't even tried the co-op yet. Valve have once again nailed it.

Just completed single player, superb, I downloaded and completed Still Alive back when it came out but this tops it with the new stuff they've brought in like the gels etc. I love the humour in it too, piss funny at times.

Going through the co-op again to get the achievements is good. Have to properly think about them again. It's brilliant!

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30

Just found out that PC and PS3 players can cross platform co-op with each other. That's pretty cool :cool:

Giulietta 940

I completed this yesterday (offline) so I have no achievements :(

It was absolutely incredible! I can't actually explain how good this game was.

Monaro VXR
Only purchased this yesterday afternoon.

Been a while since I played a game this much. Took me two sittings to finish it. Really enjoyed the game, just would have liked a little more difficulty to the puzzles.

Bux

Golf GTD

Been a while since I played a game this much. Took me two sittings to finish it. Really enjoyed the game, just would have liked a little more difficulty to the puzzles.

The coop ones require a little more thinking :p

Giulietta 940

Way to rub it in :( I struggled with some, and then realised it was a bit simpler than I first thought. I tend to over think things, and end up trying to shoot portals into every surface I can see.

Co-op is pretty good so far, quite interesting how you have to rely on your partner's ability.

Monaro VXR
Some of the puzzles I over thought as well. Still didn't take long though.

Well it took me less than 13 hours to finish the single player and get all the single player achievements. The hardest one was probably the speed run one. That one took me a while to do as getting under 70 seconds is quite difficult for that level.

It would have been quite a bit quicker to do but to get some of the achievements meant I had to get through 10 or more levels to get back to that point. Which I found a bit annoying, you could just jump directly to the level you wanted in the original game.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Just completed single player, took six hours over the past couple of weeks. Just need to find someone for co op!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Will definitely be getting this. But like I said to Malachi on Steam chat the other day, I'll probably wait for it to drop in price a little.

The co-op part of it sounds intriguing.....

D.

Astra CDTI SRI
portal2_1600_opt.jpg