ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[MAC/PC/PS3/Xbox 360] - Portal 2 - Official Thread

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
PC/Mac version is £12.99 on amazon and play atm.

Just ordered a copy, refused to play £30 for what was originally a free with OB/cheap arcade game.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30

Just ordered a copy, refused to play £30 for what was originally a free with OB/cheap arcade game.

You're talking about Portal 1 though. Portal 2 is completely different. Portal 2 isn't a cheap "free" arcade game at all. How can you refuse to pay £30 based on the first game which was just a prototype?

Bus w**ker
Portal 2 is one of the best games I've bought in recent years. At times one of the most f**king annoying too.

Bus w**ker
Ain't that the truth. I've been back through and played again...now I've done it once I can rinse the levels in about a minute lol.

Level that crippled me in the first place (for about 4 hours :eek:) was the one where you have to bounce the lazer across the room from one end to the other. Could I get up to the place I needed to put the first beam bender box thing? COULD I f**k!

Anyway, because I'm f**king awesome I've finished it now so moving on to Co-Op and waiting for the DLC.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Portal 2 is at The Hut for £13.85 on the PC/Mac, currently....

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/pc/portal-2-pc/mac/10215567.html

Just ordered it. :)

D.

Paid less than that 2 months ago ;)

You just get a cd with steam on and a redemption code though, not a disk version. Annoyed me somewhat that as i wanted a proper copy.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Just starting playing this tonight, wow! Awesome game, made me laugh lots already too. The voice is Stephen Merchant is it not!?

Heh, coincidentally I have been playing this recently. A friend got it for the PS3 for Xmas. I got it and finished it for PC when it came out. Turns out you can play cooperative cross-platform so we've being going through all the coop campaign together. Good fun.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
Yep, yet ANOTHER epic win for the PC community. Released 8th May was the Steam Workshop for Portal 2. Fan made maps etc, even create your own. If you're using the PC I highly suggest you download the map pack "12 Angry Tests". They're incredible for a set of community made maps. :cool:

Yep, yet ANOTHER epic win for the PC community. Released 8th May was the Steam Workshop for Portal 2. Fan made maps etc, even create your own. If you're using the PC I highly suggest you download the map pack "12 Angry Tests". They're incredible for a set of community made maps. :cool:

Just heard about this map creator. Think I'm going to have to get back into this now there's going to be a load of new maps!

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member

Thanks for the recommendation!

Will download that pack and give it a go :)

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
I was wondering that too. Just re downloading it now. Gna have a look at these community maps!
Go straight for the "12 Angry Tests" map pack mate. It's in 7 parts. Quite tricky in places! :cool: The boss fight at the end is cool.

SG9 Forester STi
I might have to give this a go if it's that good. I remember playing the first one ages ago.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
I never actually managed to get around to do the co-op missions. Most of my Steam friends are CS players and the few Portal 2 players I have already completed them with somebody else. Might have to convince somebody to buy it and go through it with me.

I'd play through it with you but you will regret playing it with someone who has played through a few times. You need a co-op virgin.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
Me and JimWu were smashing some of the other downloadable maps on Sunday. Feck me some of them are seriously hard! Requires some pure thinking power. It's a good job we're both super intelligent...................................................................;)