ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

I quite enjoy the fact that you could just have some random encounter where someone kicks your ass. Keeps you on your toes. I had a similar one with a Vampire Master. I was busy trundling through various places twatting all who opposed me and generally feeling cocky then some Vampire dude comes along and rapes my face for me.

Twas nothing a reload and switching to my hugely over-engineered legendary daedric bow of awesomeness couldn't sort out.

As far as I'm aware there's no way of revealing the whole map. It'd kind of spoil it if there was IMO. Exploration is all part of Skyrim.

Bumder With A Buffer
Anyone had any bugs in this freezing whilst loading up?? After entering doors etc I occasionally get a lock-up and have to restart

Mito Sportiva 135
+1 for Marcurio. Got him tooled up in enchanted and upgraded Glass Armour and he is very powerfull. His destruction spells are through the roof! I am just doing the Staff of Magus quest, right near the end now - yet there are soooo many missions and side quests still to do it is unreal.

A few gripes though:

- don't seem to be many unique armour sets (that I know of) as there was in Fallout 3 (e.g. just one set of that armour in the whole world)
- don't seem that many spells, would prefer some more interesting conjuration ones especially
- no consequence for your actions. It is good not to have a good/bad meter but would like people to react differently depending what you have done or who you have already allied with

Still best game of 2011 though.

Mito Sportiva 135
Apart from conjuring the familiar wolf thing, atronachs and undead, is there any other type of character you can summon?

Octy VRS
I did a random side quest at Darklight Tower that gave me a unique staff at the end, Hag's Wrath. Are there any other side quests that anyone remembers triggering that are like proper mini quests with decent rewards? Not the Daedric ones as I am doing those at the moment.

I quite enjoyed hunting down all the shouts. Go and see the dude up at voice temple thingy at the top of the mountain or use a shout in a public area to trigger the courier with a "letter from a friend". This will give you a location for a shout. Some are easy, you just roll in there and get the shout. Some result in epic battles. Taking on a Dragon AND a Dragon Priest was fun.

Last night I had to take on 2 x Draugr Deathlords and 1 Draugr Overlord at the same time to get to a shout. They were FOOSing me all over the place! It was ace.

Oh and I met an Arch Necromancer for the first time. I went in, all cocky like, with my dagger to claim his soul. I died. Quickly. 2nd time round I shot him in the face from 50 yards away. He wasn't so tough then.

Octy VRS
Cheers, I've tried shouting in towns but when I try a guard always comes up immediately and busts my balls. I've never had a courier come.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Overlords are tough f*ckers, yeah.

Anyone done Labyrinthian yet? There's a few in there. A few. lol.

Collecte all the masks now, and released the Dragon Mask. :eek:

Cheers, I've tried shouting in towns but when I try a guard always comes up immediately and busts my balls. I've never had a courier come.

Check you haven't got a go-and-find-the-shout quest already in your Misc quests. He won't come until you've completed the last one. It's usually "Go and investigate the source of power in X" kind of thing. Either that or check you don't have the Letter from a Friend sat in your inventory. I had one sat there, unread, for ages.

Anyone done Labyrinthian yet? There's a few in there. A few. lol.

Yeah I've done that place. I was quite low level at the time though so didn't face any. It's a weird place though innit? It's got the usual dungeon but then there's that weird maze next door. I spent ages tromping through it, solved the little puzzles, fight the Dremora and it gives you.... fuckall. I didn't even get to loot the Dremora.

No. My first character flogged em all (I didn't know you were supposed to collect them). 2nd character has only gotten a couple of em so far.

I have the wooden mask in storage ready for #2 though. I'm gonna give it a go collecting them all with him.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
All my masks are on their Dragon rack. They're pretty neat and look good, but I genuinely have no use for them as my apparel easily has more positives than any of the masks offer.

It was fun collecting them all mind.

Might get back on this tonight. I've been playing Gears of War 3 which a mate brought in for me to play. Pretty good as far as linear shooters go, but it's certainly no Skyrim.

Mito Sportiva 135
What does the dragon mask do and how do you get the rack for them (although I only own 2 so far!)?

Also Scutch you mentioned some quests provide more conjuration skills...any ideas of their names so I can search for where they are online please mate, if you get a chance?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
What does the dragon mask do and how do you get the rack for them (although I only own 2 so far!)?

Also Scutch you mentioned some quests provide more conjuration skills...any ideas of their names so I can search for where they are online please mate, if you get a chance?

Here's one : http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Spectral_Assassin

There's a few more, including the ability to summon a Nord Warrior when you beat Alduin.

The Nord Warrior is a bit cack. Though having a pet dragon is kinda of neat.

The best one I have thus far is from doing the missions for one of the dudes in the Mages Guild. You find him in the living quarters. He has you running round all over the place but at the end you get a s**t sword and the ability to summon this guy's shade. It uses both hands but it doesn't cost any magicka and he has some nifty lightning spells and it pretty hard.

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The Nord Warrior is a bit cack. Though having a pet dragon is kinda of neat.

The best one I have thus far is from doing the missions for one of the dudes in the Mages Guild. You find him in the living quarters. He has you running round all over the place but at the end you get a s**t sword and the ability to summon this guy's shade. It uses both hands but it doesn't cost any magicka and he has some nifty lightning spells and it pretty hard.

Yeah I have that one too. I don't use many of the conjures as my bow takes care of EVERYTHING.

LOL.

Mito Sportiva 135
Wicked! Like the sound of that, would be sweet to be able to conjure a giant or something like that. Although frost atronach is pretty sweet for taking punishment whilst me and Mercurio rain down fire!

Luke - where do you get the Dremora Lord from son?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You need to have Conjuration skill level 75 and the associated perk. Then you need the spell book. I don't even have that one. Saying that, Sanguine's Rose is good enough for me when the going gets really tough.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Wicked! Like the sound of that, would be sweet to be able to conjure a giant or something like that. Although frost atronach is pretty sweet for taking punishment whilst me and Mercurio rain down fire!

Luke - where do you get the Dremora Lord from son?

As scutch says mate! You buy the book from philis gustour at the winterhold college.

Has anyone got to level 90 conjouration and asked philis if there is more to learn about counjouration? He gave me this book to summon an unbound dramora lord who you have to ass rape 3 times, then you make him fetch you something called a sigil stone.

There's a Mastery quest for all of the different types of magic. Once you hit either 90 or 100 (depends on which "school of magic) in the relevant skill you can open up the mastery quest where you can get some s**t-hot spells. I'm gunning for the Destruction mastery one shortly.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Think I'll head back to Winterhold to kick that off.

I'm level 69 at the moment. My map is pretty much explored but still a hell of a lot to discover.

Not sure tbh. Someone at the college. For each school of magic there's a person at the college who teaches the relevant skill and sells the relevant gear. I just wander round the halls until I find the right person.

Fiesta ST-3
I can't find that Philis Gusto guy at the college, searched everywhere for him. I've not been there for ages but got my conjuration up to 100 now so wanting that dremora lord... although, level 72 so I pretty much rape everything going! Epicly epic game. The best I've ever played by a mile

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I can't find that Philis Gusto guy at the college, searched everywhere for him. I've not been there for ages but got my conjuration up to 100 now so wanting that dremora lord... although, level 72 so I pretty much rape everything going! Epicly epic game. The best I've ever played by a mile

Go to the dorms on te right just as you enter the college. Wait until 3am in the morning and he's in his bed on the bottom floor

Octy VRS
Draugr Deathlord WTF!? Tore me several new ones, I hardly made a scratch. Even my summoned Storm Atronach was gone in 2 seconds.

Deathlords are faggots, try taking on a Draugr Death Overlord.

Actually, having said that, IIRC the first time I met a Deathlord he tore me a new one. Several times. The ones that have all 3 words to their shouts are tough. I've had a couple that have launched me across the room and one that had a very powerful Disarm shout. He fucked my bow and then my mace right off. I was left trying to punch him. I lost that fight.

Octy VRS
I'm level 18 and the wiki says they are leveled up another 15. Couldn't touch him but I want his Ebony bow. Maybe lower the difficulty.

BMW 535d
Sorry for a silly question...

Ireally enjoyed teh game but stopped playing it because of the GLITCH fest it has CONSTANTLY

I have to reboot every hour and basically I gave up. I completed the bulk of teh main quests and stopped playing

Im sure I cant be the only one

AK

M240i
Keep getting my arse handed to me by Dragons.

Joined the Imperials by accident :eek:, I wanted to do the Stormcloaks :(.