ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Looked to see what was the first objective in my Miscellaneous quests (the one I obviously hadn't touched for weeks). Anyway, it was speak to the Companions for work. Turns out it was just speak to Aela 5 or 6 times until you've done enough jobs that you end up going on hunts with her for Werewolf Totems. I have one left to collect and I think that will finish off the Companions quests, too.

Octy VRS
How do you make money smithing then? :eek: I need a few pennies atm.
I found that fairly early on after doing some quests I had quite a few gemstones that I had found laying about along with some silver ingots. I made some silver necklaces and made quite a bit of cash. That and clearing out some strongholds, looting then selling on.

Mito Sportiva 135
I want to make some Daedric armour but have not encountered any enemy yet where I can obtain a daedric heart, and don't know where to mine ebony from (buying it is hella expensive).

Any idea where to get started for this?

Do the quest for Mehrunes Razor (started by visiting the Dawnstar Museum - You should get give a pamphlet for it very early on in the game). You'll fight a few Dremora who drop daedra hearts.

Not really sure on the ebony. Though tbh if you're at the level to be smithing daedric stuff then you should be able to afford it!

EDIT: Also worth checking the shops. A few of the potion/ingredient type shops sell daedra hearts.

Mito Sportiva 135
Haha. Cool thanks mate, I do have that note but not visited there yet. I have heard some mines have Ebony, guess Google should tell me where!

Surprisingly though as I am 100 smithing I have almost no gold - just spent all my dollar on making dragon armour for me and glass armour for my companion, as well as some spells.

Think I need some better destruction spells though, currently not that powerfull although think I am destruction level 50 odd and something like 270 Magica?

Just got myself Incinerate and Flame Wall. They f**k things up.

Though to be honest just spamming out the fireballs from both hands (casting simultaneously, NOT dual-casting - Dual casting is s**t for destruction) tends to get the job done against most things.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Craft dragon armour, use the workbench to improve it to Legendary and then sell it.

Repeat.

You can then afford some Ebony ingots. LOL.

The wizard in the library at the College of Winterhold sells Daedra hearts too.

Mito Sportiva 135
Simple mate....just make loads of iron daggers. Go and buy iron ore/ingots and leather (or make that too). takes a while but once it is done it is done. Only downside is you are levelling at the same time, but not getting any xp in combat so by the time you finish you might find that the difficulty has gone up disproportionally and that enemies are a lot harder than they used to be relative to you.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Simple mate....just make loads of iron daggers. Go and buy iron ore/ingots and leather (or make that too). takes a while but once it is done it is done. Only downside is you are levelling at the same time, but not getting any xp in combat so by the time you finish you might find that the difficulty has gone up disproportionally and that enemies are a lot harder than they used to be relative to you.

Same for me, spammed Iron Daggers but slapped a low level Banish enchant on it aswell and they sell for 1k each ! insta cash

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Finally gone back to my original character now and working him up to Lv70+ like the other.

I've just found the last shout so I have all of them in their entirety now. :eek:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Finally gone back to my original character now and working him up to Lv70+ like the other.

I've just found the last shout so I have all of them in their entirety now. :eek:

I've got all the shouts and every single achievement. Do you have every word of every shout? I still need a few final words.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL. Too true.

Still on first and only playthrough. 200+ hours. Level 69, although the unique Oghma Infinim book bumped that by about 4 levels in less than a minute.

Looking forward to the DLC.

Bumder With A Buffer
I purchased this finally the other day.

Are any of the characters special? Ie which one is it better to be?

Evo 5 RS
LOL. Too true.

Still on first and only playthrough. 200+ hours. Level 69, although the unique Oghma Infinim book bumped that by about 4 levels in less than a minute.

Looking forward to the DLC.

I've not checked my play time but it feels like forever.. completed thieves guild, storm cloak missions, done a fair few side quests, and I'm only level 38 ;X

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I purchased this finally the other day.

Are any of the characters special? Ie which one is it better to be?

Don't think it really matters as you can even skills and abilities out over time.

The storyline seems to follow the Nords quite well.

Bumder With A Buffer
I think thats who I picked.

So far I have literally escaped the dragons, killed the frostbite spiders and made it to the first village :eek:

Haven't had the chance to play it fully due to doing bits on the new house :(

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It can be a bit overwhelming at first but definitely stick with it. Fantastic game.

I think the only criticism I would make is that the close combat is a bit turd. You don't actually know if you're connecting if it wasn't for the life bars so that could have been better, IMO. Considering there aren't that many types of enemy in the game, better animations in that respect would have been great. That being said, it's still the greatest single player game I've ever played.

Mito Sportiva 135
You should have killed the first dragon mate, it is really easy as he is being pummelled by the other warriors, and you get a dragon soul too. Would have thought it kick starts the main mission too, without it they presumably don't know you're a dragon born?

Scutch what is that book you mentioned and what mission is it on?

As I am getting more into enchanting I am just starting the quest from Azur'as Shrine. Need some more soul gems!! Although now in Winterhold there are enemy ghostly apparitions which leave some when you kill them. Not 100% sure on how enchanting works, how do you fill a greater soul gem for example? The smaller ones are pretty rubbish.

Encountered my first ice troll last night, fearer for my life but was actually ridiculously easy. My companions' destruction spells are insane, usually kills people before I get a shot off. Might need to move to the hardest difficulty to compensate!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The book Oghma Infinim is part of the main quest and is quite far on IIRC. Not only that, but it's only triggered if you're above level 20 or 30. Something like that.

There's a glitch currently which means you can keep reading it (as you should only be able to read it once to use it's ability) so you could quite easily max out every skill in less than 10 minutes. This also increases your overall level too so you get tons of perks to go alongside.

I was unaware of the glitch originally so read the book 3 times, improving my skills in each of the 3 areas it allows you to study. So I got +5 on all the skills in Stealth, +5 in all the skills in Combat and +5 in all the skills in Magic. If you keep reading the book over and over, you keep getting +5 on the skills in the section you choose to read. Like I say, I went from level 62 to 67 in about 1 minute, so checked on the net and saw there was a glitch. I just left it at that but I can see how people could exploit it to maximum effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Bumder With A Buffer
You should have killed the first dragon mate, it is really easy as he is being pummelled by the other warriors, and you get a dragon soul too. Would have thought it kick starts the main mission too, without it they presumably don't know you're a dragon born?

Scutch what is that book you mentioned and what mission is it on?

As I am getting more into enchanting I am just starting the quest from Azur'as Shrine. Need some more soul gems!! Although now in Winterhold there are enemy ghostly apparitions which leave some when you kill them. Not 100% sure on how enchanting works, how do you fill a greater soul gem for example? The smaller ones are pretty rubbish.

Encountered my first ice troll last night, fearer for my life but was actually ridiculously easy. My companions' destruction spells are insane, usually kills people before I get a shot off. Might need to move to the hardest difficulty to compensate!

That aimed at me??? I never got a chance to kill the dragon :s

Follow so and so out of the keep I believe were the instructions

Yeah, you don't get chance to kill the very first dragon. That bit is still part of the opening sequence really.

You're supposed to kill the first one you meet in the game proper.

Mito Sportiva 135
Sorry, my bad think I got the 2 confused (seems like a lifetime ago I was about to be executed there!)

But in general kill all the dragons you can. The weirdest one was right in the college of Winterhold, as soon as I killed it no one there even mentioned it, found the AI / scripting there quite awful!

I've fought 2 dragons in the courtyard in the College of Winterhold. I figure since I now run the place I have a responsibilty to keep it dragon-free so I butchered them both.

The first time I got a bit of help from the other mages. The second time they all fucked off and left me to fight it alone. Soft b******s.

Mito Sportiva 135
Haha. I now let my companion do most the fighting and summon a flame or frost atronach and by the time they are done I don't have much left to do. Bad thing about this though is you get no XP if your companion does it all, but you do get conjuration XP from the atronach....can't wait to get double summoning! But wish you could summon some more exciting creatures though, quite a limited selection.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I got level 100 conjurtion in 15 minutes. Just kept using soul trap on my horse. Levelled me up by 7 as well.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
PMSL. The horses get some stick in this game. I punched mine in the face when it fell off the side of a small hill.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
PMSL. The horses get some stick in this game. I punched mine in the face when it fell off the side of a small hill.

Mine deserves it, f***'s off as soon as something hostile shows it's face then I have to spend 40 mins looking for it's ass while lugging twice my carry limit...

Mine gets a collateral damage pasting from fireballs and chain lighting. Got to the point where I have to keep "Heal Other" on a quick key so I can heal it up mid-fight. Still dies regularly though. Fuckin thing.

Bumder With A Buffer
I came across this last night...im not reading 59 pages to see if its been posted :eek:.....

[youtube]8K8KQlZJcv8[/youtube]

[youtube]no1fBQzVKQc[/youtube]

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Next patch details :

(all platforms unless noted)

BUG FIXES

General optimizations for memory and performance
Fixed occasional issue with armor and clothing not displaying properly when placed on mannequin’s in player’s house. (PS3)
Improved compiler optimization settings (PC)
Long term play optimizations for memory and performance (PS3)
Memory optimizations related to scripting
Fixed crashes related to pathing and AI
Fixed crash in Haemar’s Shame if player had already completed “A Daedra’s Best Friend”
Fixed rare crash with loading saved games
Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line
Master Criminal achievement/trophy unlocks properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian
Fixed issue where dragon priest masks would not render correctly
Fixed issue where quests would incorrectly progress after reloading a save
Fixed issues with placing and removing books from bookshelves in the player’s home
Fixed issue where weapon racks and plaques would not work correctly in player’s house if player immediately visits their house before purchasing any furnishing.
Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly
Fixed crash related to giant attacks and absorb spells
Fixed issue with ash piles not cleaning up properly
Fixed occasional issue where overwriting an existing save would fail
Fixed memory crash with container menu
Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves
Fixed issue where traps in Shalidor’s Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian versions
Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally not fail
Bows and daggers will display properly when placed on weapon racks

QUEST FIXES

The Unusual Gem inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing “Diplomatic Immunity”
In “Breaching Security”, the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble
Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if “Season Unending” was an active quest
Fixed issue where starting “Season Unending” after finishing “Joining the Stormcloaks” would prevent “The Jagged Crown” from starting properly.
Fixed issue progressing through “Message to Whiterun” while “Season Unending” was still open would block progression for both quests.
In “Arniel’s Endeavor”, fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times
In “Forbidden Legend”, the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it
Fixed rare issue in “Forbidden Legend” where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpose unaccessible
In “The White Phial”, the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it
“The White Phial” will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory
Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing “A Night to Remember”
Fixed issue where leaving Riften during “A Chance Arrangement” would prevent quest from progressing
In “Darkness Returns”, a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest
In “Under New Management”, if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly
“Onmund’s Request” will now start properly if player has already found Enthir’s staff before receiving this quest
Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor
“Repairing the Phial” will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory
Finding Pantea’s Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating
In “The Coming of the Dawn”, fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis
Fixed rare issue in “The Mind of Madness” where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack
Fixed issue in “Pieces of the Past” where Mehrunes Dagon’s Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it
“Blood’s Honor” will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.
Fixed rare issue where “Dampened Spirits” would not start properly
Fixed issue where player would be unable to become Thane of Riften if they purchased a home first
Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine woud block progression for “No One Escapes Cidhna Mine”
Fixed numerous issues with “Blood on the Ice” not triggering properly
In “Blood on the Ice”, Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm
In “The Cure for Madness”, killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress
Fixed rare issue in “To Kill an Empire” where an NPC would fail to die properly
Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting “Boethiah’s Champion” no longer prevents quest from starting.

Mito Sportiva 135
The bugs are part of the fun in a Bethesda game! :)

So annoying, started doing a companion quest and my companion Mercurio has left me now as someone else has joined me for this particular mission. Do companions come back after missions, or will they go back to where you originally met them? Mercurio had loads of valuable gear on him!!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm glad they've finally fixed the weapon rack glitch! I'm sick of my prizes sticking out of the wall at 90 degrees! :eek: